Jump to content

Alpha 19 Dev Diary


madmole

Recommended Posts

38 minutes ago, PoloPoPo said:

There are animals everywhere now :D I like that!

 

Something weird has just happened to me though. I have died (thought I could take on the "special infected zombs quest" too early) and therefore my XP dropped for the next minutes. When my XP bar reached 0 XP though (the very left side of the bar) I got a skill level up which should not have happened I guess. Maybe something for the bug report forum but to be honest, it is too complicated to report bugs here so...

And another bug I have noticed multiple times already:

 

When using heavy attack with a knife / machete to loot an animal the carcass loses more hp compared to normal attack, as it should be. However, when you use normal attack again (after that heavy attack) the hp display does not decrease anymore but stays at the amount of hp that was left after the heavy attack.

 

Example:

Bear has 500 hp (I think), my normal attack with my hunting knife takes 30 hp. I hit once, twice, three times, leaving the carcass with 410 hp. I use heavy attack now, leaving the carcass with 300 hp. When I use normal attacks now the hp remains at 300 hp (displayed) but the carcass still vanishes after ten more normal attacks, so hp reduction does still work, is just not displayed anymore. Uff... I hope you guys understand what I mean.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@faatal

 

i had this question for awhile and i didn't know how to describe it, but here it goes!

 

 

why do some zombie models spawn more then others? take the nurse for example, she spawns often in homes, businesses, horde nights and just roaming around, while some zombies like the Farmer and the stripper spawns less often then other zombies, even if you go to those areas you still won't find them there, i rarely see a farmer or stripper during horde night, but i see tons of nurses!

 

this also kinda goes in hand with biome zombies, i never see a burned zombie in a horde, and i don't see a lumberjack in a horde ether, and in those biomes in the wild, only those zombies spawn (say burnt zombies only spawn in the wild but no other zombies except at night).  any reason why?

 

if it didn't make sense, im sorry i don't know how to explain it. :)   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, MechanicalLens said:

I can't tell if Trader Jen is saying, "Meds, drugs, booze, we got it all," or "Meds, drugs, boobs, we got it all." 🤣 🤣 🤣

i mean. she got both ;)

3 minutes ago, MechanicalLens said:

Should be renamed to "Vegan Soup" ;)

it sould give you a Marksman buff!

 

good for you're eyes! or is that carrots? i don't know! Plant is plant!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Needle & Thread's completion perk is pretty lackluster once you realize you can easily get BDU clothes at traders. Be cool if instead it taught you how to craft military fiber patches mods that give like +2 armor on clothing items or mods that let you add the college jack/performance shoes bonuses onto other jackets and footwear, add some Dr. Scholl's into your steel boots lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, MechanicalLens said:

Should be renamed to "Vegan Soup" ;)

made with real vegans

12 minutes ago, STyK_ said:

seriously though theres no point in going up the chef tree if you have meat running around everywhere just do bacon and eggs or boiled meat. RIP garden too.

only if you dont want the good buffs and have to eat 30 grilled meat at a time. only slight exaggeration.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, STyK_ said:

seriously though theres no point in going up the chef tree if you have meat running around everywhere just do bacon and eggs or boiled meat. RIP garden too.

people want more animals and people don't want more animals! damn it must be hard for devs

 

 

but maybe each special food could give a special buff? 

 

like say bacon and eggs give a short HP boost

Meat stew Up melee damage buy a small bit

Veggie stew ups ranged damage by a small bit 

fish tacos make you lose less stamina and swim faster

Blue berry pie Up damage Resistance

Hobo stew makes you stronger in harsh environments or just make you survive the elements better

Spaghetti gives you a jump boost and makes you take less fall damage!

Shepard's pie gives you a Harvest boost (scraping, mining and harvesting)

Steak and potatos give boost to strength and gives you increases carry wight

Tuna fish and gravy toast Make you super stealthier

Sham chowder makes you heal faster and makes you recover faster

Pumpkin pie makes you stealthier

Pumpkin bread lowers recoil

Chill dog gives you a Rage like boost! (don't ask)

Corn on the cob makes you reload faster

Corn bread lowers melee stamina usage 

boiled eggs help boost Looting (small amount)

Gumbo stew allows you to run and gun! (with out perk) and boost Agility

   

 

if there are any i missed let me know!

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, wolfbain5 said:

only if you dont want the good buffs and have to eat 30 grilled meat at a time. only slight exaggeration.

I said boiled meat or bacon and eggs, grilled meat would be a waste, its actually been pretty useless since they got rid of wellness.
Honestly this is because people don't take the time to hunt and because the animals go into the water so they are hard to find kill. Fix water don't flood the world with meat! A very good part of the game is struggle, you just eliminated that and made the game easier.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Adam the Waster said:

people want more animals and people don't want more animals! damn it must be hard for devs

 

 

but maybe each special food could give a special buff? 

 

like say bacon and eggs give a short HP boost

Meat stew Up melee damage buy a small bit

Veggie stew ups ranged damage by a small bit 

fish tacos make you lose less stamina and swim faster

Blue berry pie Up damage Resistance

Hobo stew makes you stronger in harsh environments or just make you survive the elements better

Spaghetti gives you a jump boost and makes you take less fall damage!

Shepard's pie gives you a Harvest boost (scraping, mining and harvesting)

Steak and potatos give boost to strength and gives you increases carry wight

Tuna fish and gravy toast Make you super stealthier

Sham chowder makes you heal faster and makes you recover faster

Pumpkin pie makes you stealthier

Pumpkin bread lowers recoil

Chill dog gives you a Rage like boost! (don't ask)

Corn on the cob makes you reload faster

Corn bread lowers melee stamina usage 

boiled eggs help boost Looting (small amount)

Gumbo stew allows you to run and gun! (with out perk) and boost Agility

   

 

if there are any i missed let me know!

 

 

 

I think the current animal spawns people are seeing is because the respawn interval was shortened. So many respawns are condensed into the short time when you log in and drive around a few chunks.

 

The real test will be a few days later. If you then still see animals stacked vertically you know who to blame 🤠

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, meganoth said:

 

I think the current animal spawns people are seeing is because the respawn interval was shortened. So many respawns are condensed into the short time when you log in and drive around a few chunks.

 

The real test will be a few days later. If you then still see animals stacked vertically you know who to blame 🤠

when you didn't even mention my food buffs

 

Pin on black guy crying meme

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, STyK_ said:

A very good part of the game is struggle, you just eliminated that and made the game easier.

Not sure about that. I do agree with you that there are animals everywhere now and you won't ever run short of meat again. However, with the increased food consumption more animals come handy. And don't forget about the fact that not all animals are peaceful. Especially at the first few days I imagine it to be much more difficult now as you cannot really defend against wolves, dogs, bears etc. Even me on day 13 only engages a bear if there is something nearby where I can stand on top of. Otherwise a single bear would completely tear me apart (which is the way it should be). My guns are still too weak to take the bear out fast enough.

 

With the new patch nights are a bit darker again. Together with more animals nights are more dangerously now. I like the new changes very much so far.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, meganoth said:

Food buffs? Where?

 

Seriously, we already have candy. Enough buff mini games for a new generation of OCD optimizers 😉

 

the idea is to give another reason to go out of you're way to make good food aside from a stamina boost! (which would also be included)

 

Candy's would also be small boost to help out!

 

 

and if you're crazy you would just gorge you're self to become a super solder!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here is my suggestion...
 

I'd like to have an "Advanced" Mode like how there is on blocks so you can turn them any direction for SMG and Shotgun Turrets and Spotlights so that you can hang them upside down, like from under an eve on a roof. Yeah I can put them under there, but it would be more realistic if they were hung by the mounting legs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Roland locked this topic
  • Roland unlocked this topic
  • Roland locked and unpinned this topic

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...