Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

21 minutes ago, Mahnogard said:

AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie\GeneratedWorlds\ 

then open the folder for the world and look for the GenerationInfo.txt. That contains the map seed.

The seed doesn't populate in the output log. It always shows as blank in mine. It also doesn't show the correct world size, always says that it's an 8k map when I almost always play on 4k maps.

In my servers output log the seeds get listed, I just checked. Maybe it is empty for your worlds because you didn't set a seed but left that space empty.

2 minutes ago, meganoth said:

In my servers output log the seeds get listed, I just checked. Maybe it is empty for your worlds because you didn't set a seed but left that space empty.

My seed is definitely not empty. I suspect the difference is that I'm in SP and your log is from a server.

12 minutes ago, Drunknmunkey said:

Out of the blue:

Spotlights still project light through blocks. 

Armor progression doesn't feel right for crafting. Lower tier level 6 armor should be obtained before max X and max X. Mods have always been more important than the other benefits.  Only being able to craft level 6 leather when I can craft level 6 military armor may be something to look at?

Just an observation. Plz don't rake me over the coals.  

I would like to rake you over the coals because your observation about armor sounds strange and undecipherable 😉. Maybe you mixed up some level/quality numbers?

6 minutes ago, meganoth said:

the worlds i make seem Half made,

there are massive drop offs into the sea that look really bad. Roads would fall to the sea! and half a town was gone!

10 minutes ago, savemulder said:

Question about picking up forges -

I put LCB down, picked up forge (it spit out my Bellow and anvil) but when I put back down it was empty - lost all my smelted material. Is this intended design ? Thx

It has been that way for a while, but I don't know if it is intended or not.

7 minutes ago, Jarod_Silverstar said:

It has been that way for a while, but I don't know if it is intended or not.

Seems more like a limitation more than anything; the game probably can't keep the memory of the forge's contents perhaps.

Edit: Or intended. Faatal?

17 minutes ago, savemulder said:

Question about picking up forges -

I put LCB down, picked up forge (it spit out my Bellow and anvil) but when I put back down it was empty - lost all my smelted material. Is this intended design ? Thx

Intended...that has always been the case (since A15 or so when you could pickup placed workstations) if you wanted to move a forge that you had to empty it of materials first or accept that they are lost.

30 minutes ago, Mahnogard said:

My seed is definitely not empty. I suspect the difference is that I'm in SP and your log is from a server.

You are correct. In a local game the seed is not listed. The GamePref.GameSeed as well as GamePref.WorldGenSize seem to be default values used in the GUI (suggested by the prefix "GamePref").

The size of the world is shown in the line "Biomes image size w= 4096, h = 4096".

25 minutes ago, Laz Man said:

AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie\GeneratedWorlds

generationinfo.txt file

I wanted to do some tier 5 bug testing with your seed.

Seed is Treatable Testes

Do not judge me for my seed name, my mind is an enigma

image.png.46e4f59f0d12afd366b0685704e9a57f.png

It may be a 4K seed since the generation time was low, I usually do 8K but it usually took nearly an hour to generate so this low generation makes me suspect a 4K

i have notice 2 little things in A19

1: Boes eyes. While all the new zombies eyes have white out eyes, Boes eyes look normal (minis the red) just a small thing

and 2 the spear book!

if you look on the model of the book you can see the Authors name. but look at the last name..

Cassadore! Duke's last name is Cassadore.....

Spoiler

F8E16F5C4B4CAEFFF1CC1CED96F4E6467E76A738

5 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

i have notice 2 little things in A19

1: Boes eyes. While all the new zombies eyes have white out eyes, Boes eyes look normal (minis the red) just a small thing

and 2 the spear book!

if you look on the model of the book you can see the Authors name. but look at the last name..

Cassadore! Duke Cassadore, 

Reveal hidden contents

F8E16F5C4B4CAEFFF1CC1CED96F4E6467E76A738

There is also a hidden easter egg I came across in A19 that I havent seen anyone mention yet...the devil is in the details....😁

Edit: and no....its not Corona wipes....😂

1 minute ago, Laz Man said:

There is also a hidden easter egg I came across in A19 that I havent seen anyone mention yet...the devil is in the details....😁

well alot of people know about those. but the other one i don't know!

i only know a few references/Eastereggs in-game 

42 minutes ago, MechanicalLens said:

Seems more like a limitation more than anything; the game probably can't keep the memory of the forge's contents perhaps.

Edit: Or intended. Faatal?

Well seems to me there ought to be a little warning "your gonna lose material" or spit out the materials. I did not lose the anvil or bellows... So it's coded to check for those and and put in ur inventory

7 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

There is also the huenik bros box company....but it's not that one I'm referring to either...hehe

6 minutes ago, Laz Man said:

Not the stimpack one either...🙂

14 minutes ago, Mahnogard said:

I like the one that references another video game franchise. :D

27 minutes ago, Laz Man said:

There is also the huenik bros box company....but it's not that one I'm referring to either...hehe

35 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

42 minutes ago, Laz Man said:

Either put the rest of us out of our misery under a spoiler tag, or don't tease us with these little things 😛

Build is the best so far, and very fun. 

I find it hard not to go into strength some, unless I am going pure nomad... even then though I might get at least 3 in miner and motherload. 

I tried an alternate build where I rush wrenches and then intel for building and turrets, but I still need clay and stuff so I feel like I still would have been better off going miner and motherload.  Wrench was like 2 shotting with power attacks though, which was nice.  Either way there is no telling how long it would be before I even see a turret of any kind. 

I am not sure about the first melee turret requiring robotic parts though.  I mean i guess it doesnt really matter, but it just means im not going to be able to make one until i find or buy one... buying mechanical parts is basically the same thing. 

I kinda wonder if it would be better to have the melee turret buildable without robotic parts... not sure if it would be too strong, cause I have yet to get far enough to find or build and test them in any of my worlds lel...

Agility seems better now with the sneak attack bonus.  Bows are not really that bad since you can quick fire them and 1 shot basic zeds on nomad with stone arrows.  Plus cheaper run n gun and parkour is great. 

If anyone remembers, I wanted to make a cheap stone spear throwing build... well I quickly got bored of that, because tier 3 stonespears with points in spears were not 1 shotting basic zeds on nomad, and other than throwing and the range, i kinda hate spears.  I almost wonder if they are still bugged and it isnt doing extra headshot damage with the spear skill.  If it isnt bugged then it just seems like a late game luxury which i will probably never try because who cares late game...

I still dont really like punching with basic wraps... they seem a little weak, costly and break too fast, from the little I have tried them... probably good later on with the books and better knuckles. 

I still do not see any reason not to go 3 miner and mother and 2 in blunderbuss at the start of the game for every build I play... not that they should be nerfed(seriously no), but the other starting options seem weaker.  Plus you can just power level with strength to make up for the skill points you spent on it. 

4 minutes ago, LilMissNorti said:

Either put the rest of us out of our misery under a spoiler tag, or don't tease us with these little things 😛

LOL..

There is a QR code on one of the new shelves that when scanned takes you to the 7d2d website...😅

On 7/7/2020 at 11:49 AM, PoloPoPo said:

2) With my new savegame on a custom random world I wanted to try an underground base from day 1. However, digging holes is pretty weird on that map. The alignment for holes is always angular to anything else above ground. See my attached image where the wooden block can be placed as a square but the holes appear as a rhombus. Digging that underground base like that is really bad as I end up hitting wrong blocks all the time due to that weird alignment of holes. I could not even place a ladder in that shaft as I wanted; had to put the ladders diagonally in a corner. Why is that?

That is how terrain blocks are merged together. It is core tech and not something that is likely to change.

13 minutes ago, pregnable said:

I find it hard not to go into strength some, unless I am going pure nomad

Yep, I got debated on all sides last time I posted it, but there's absolutely a list of "mandatory" perks for 90% of players. 

Perks you invest at least 3 points in, and probably max out eventually

• Miner 69
  • Motherlode
  • Daring Adventurer
  • Better Barter

Perks you put at least 1 point in

• Gardening perk
  • Health Regen Perk
  • Stun Resist perk

Basically no matter what build you go with, you are going to find it hard for those not to be a pretty core part of your build if you play long enough. You can make it to day 21 or something without gardening or without barter or daring adventurer etc, but you are playing the game on hard mode. If you aren't purposely gimping yourself, all of those perks are 100 times better than any random other perk you think you need imo

I considered the Junk Turrets near mandatory in A18, but in A19 the Auto Shotgun is just so ridiculously better than everything else combined that you can get by without them. I wouldn't though still, and would still say every build will eventually want to put some points into them

On 7/7/2020 at 11:27 AM, Trunks_Budo said:

You are falsely assuming that agility should be about stealth.

Nobody likes stealth, literally nobody, and you're desperate to pretend it belongs. Stealth means nothing, when you have scripted zombies falling through ceilings, immediately detecting you regardless of your "stealth".

Usually when someone says "Nobody likes x", they are automatically wrong. The world is a diverse place and I can probably find someone who likes to play the game blindfolded while juggling chipmunks.

I like stealth and mostly play agility. Does the fact that some sleepers somewhere might always see me invalidate the fact I can make stealth kills elsewhere? Stealth does not mean invisible in all circumstances. Out in a field in broad daylight being a prime case.

Normally I don't put points in From The Shadows, since Hidden Strike with a bow is fine, but Hated was wondering if knifes could ever be used for stealth kills, so last night I put 2 point in Hidden Strike and cleared a POI with stealth knife kills. Only a few hit me, since at certain angles you can't get a head shot for the instant kill. Looking forward to trying it with more points. This was the game I'm playing with my daughter, so I was not going to cheat to find out.

4 minutes ago, Khalagar said:

Yep, I got debated on all sides last time I posted it, but there's absolutely a list of "mandatory" perks for 90% of players. 

Perks you invest at least 3 points in, and probably max out eventually

• Miner 69
  • Motherlode
  • Daring Adventurer
  • Better Barter

Perks you put at least 1 point in

• Gardening perk
  • Health Regen Perk
  • Stun Resist perk

Basically no matter what build you go with, you are going to find it hard for those not to be a pretty core part of your build if you play long enough. You can make it to day 21 or something without gardening or without barter or daring adventurer etc, but you are playing the game on hard mode. If you aren't purposely gimping yourself, all of those perks are 100 times better than any random other perk you think you need imo

I considered the Junk Turrets near mandatory in A18, but in A19 the Auto Shotgun is just so ridiculously better than everything else combined that you can get by without them. I wouldn't though still, and would still say every build will eventually want to put some points into them

can confirm - I only have 1 of these (Gardening) by default in this play through although would normally also have Better Barter (this is being done by another member of the team). There is nothing else I need except maybe Daring Adventurer later in the game but certainly NOT mandatory.

• Roland locked this topic
  • Roland unlocked this topic
  • Roland locked and unpinned this topic

Archived