madmole

Alpha 19 Dev Diary

Haven't tried this in 18.4 but didn't shooting an explosive arrow/bolt use to wake up a lot of sleepers in an earlier alpha, or I'm misremembering?

32 minutes ago, Fierystar88 said:

Anyways onto why I posted. I saw you mention that in a future update you wanna allow players the chance to do previous tier quests so they weren't always forced to do tier 5. Is that something you'll add in Alpha 19 or a later Alpha? I'm super addicted to quests now and I can't wait to choose any tier of quests at anytime.

This is something I'm still struggling with and why I just took a break. They didn't want everyone doing only fetch quests for Tier 5's, but didn't fix why people only did fetch quests for tier 5's, and just removed the option instead.

I've cleared Shotgun Messiah like 4 times already in the last week. It takes a full day, and the rewards just aren't that great. I've literally been better off just doing any Tier 2 or 3 Tier 3 fetch that show up in the list instead because I can knock out several in a day easily and I end up with way more overall rewards.

So far, there are at least  3 Shotgun Messiah within 1.5km of me, so basically the only quests I get are to go clear it or the Shamway place, ughhhh. I'd kill to at least have a hospital near me for a bit more variety

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Khalagar said:

This is something I'm still struggling with and why I just took a break. They didn't want everyone doing only fetch quests for Tier 5's, but didn't fix why people only did fetch quests for tier 5's, and just removed the option instead.

I've cleared Shotgun Messiah like 4 times already in the last week. It takes a full day, and the rewards just aren't that great. I've literally been better off just doing any Tier 2 or 3 Tier 3 fetch that show up in the list instead because I can knock out several in a day easily and I end up with way more overall rewards.

So far, there are at least  3 Shotgun Messiah within 1.5km of me, so basically the only quests I get are to go clear it or the Shamway place, ughhhh. I'd kill to at least have a hospital near me for a bit more variety

You playing RWG?  If so what's your seed? 4k or 8k?

Edited by Laz Man (see edit history)

3 minutes ago, Khalagar said:

RWG, 8K I believe. Which config shows your seed settings?

It's hidden somewhere in your world files, or at least it was in A18.

7 minutes ago, Khalagar said:

Look into your logfiles. Everything you ever wanted to know about your game but were afraid to ask is in there

8 minutes ago, Khalagar said:

AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie\GeneratedWorlds\ 

then open the folder for the world and look for the GenerationInfo.txt. That contains the map seed.

1 minute ago, meganoth said:

Look into your logfiles. Everything you ever wanted to know about your game but were afraid to ask is in there

The seed doesn't populate in the output log. It always shows as blank in mine. It also doesn't show the correct world size, always says that it's an 8k map when I almost always play on 4k maps.

1 hour ago, madmole said:

Feel free to post your feedback just like everyone else does. Well almost everyone else :D

oh yeah boy!

Create meme "male , yeah boy meme, ainsley harriott meme ...

• Haha 1

Out of the blue:

Spotlights still project light through blocks. 

Armor progression doesn't feel right for crafting. Lower tier level 6 armor should be obtained before max X and max X. Mods have always been more important than the other benefits.  Only being able to craft level 6 leather when I can craft level 6 military armor may be something to look at?

Just an observation. Plz don't rake me over the coals.  

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Mahnogard said:

AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie\GeneratedWorlds\ 

then open the folder for the world and look for the GenerationInfo.txt. That contains the map seed.

The seed doesn't populate in the output log. It always shows as blank in mine. It also doesn't show the correct world size, always says that it's an 8k map when I almost always play on 4k maps.

In my servers output log the seeds get listed, I just checked. Maybe it is empty for your worlds because you didn't set a seed but left that space empty.

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

2 minutes ago, meganoth said:

In my servers output log the seeds get listed, I just checked. Maybe it is empty for your worlds because you didn't set a seed but left that space empty.

My seed is definitely not empty. I suspect the difference is that I'm in SP and your log is from a server.

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Drunknmunkey said:

Out of the blue:

Spotlights still project light through blocks. 

Armor progression doesn't feel right for crafting. Lower tier level 6 armor should be obtained before max X and max X. Mods have always been more important than the other benefits.  Only being able to craft level 6 leather when I can craft level 6 military armor may be something to look at?

Just an observation. Plz don't rake me over the coals.  

I would like to rake you over the coals because your observation about armor sounds strange and undecipherable 😉. Maybe you mixed up some level/quality numbers?

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

6 minutes ago, meganoth said:

the worlds i make seem Half made,

there are massive drop offs into the sea that look really bad. Roads would fall to the sea! and half a town was gone!

Question about picking up forges -

I put LCB down, picked up forge (it spit out my Bellow and anvil) but when I put back down it was empty - lost all my smelted material. Is this intended design ? Thx

10 minutes ago, savemulder said:

I put LCB down, picked up forge (it spit out my Bellow and anvil) but when I put back down it was empty - lost all my smelted material. Is this intended design ? Thx

It has been that way for a while, but I don't know if it is intended or not.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Jarod_Silverstar said:

It has been that way for a while, but I don't know if it is intended or not.

Seems more like a limitation more than anything; the game probably can't keep the memory of the forge's contents perhaps.

Edit: Or intended. Faatal?

Edited by MechanicalLens (see edit history)

17 minutes ago, savemulder said:

Intended...that has always been the case (since A15 or so when you could pickup placed workstations) if you wanted to move a forge that you had to empty it of materials first or accept that they are lost.

1 hour ago, Khalagar said:

AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie\GeneratedWorlds

generationinfo.txt file

I wanted to do some tier 5 bug testing with your seed.

30 minutes ago, Mahnogard said:

My seed is definitely not empty. I suspect the difference is that I'm in SP and your log is from a server.

You are correct. In a local game the seed is not listed. The GamePref.GameSeed as well as GamePref.WorldGenSize seem to be default values used in the GUI (suggested by the prefix "GamePref").

The size of the world is shown in the line "Biomes image size w= 4096, h = 4096".

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Laz Man said:

AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie\GeneratedWorlds

generationinfo.txt file

I wanted to do some tier 5 bug testing with your seed.

Seed is Treatable Testes

Do not judge me for my seed name, my mind is an enigma

image.png.46e4f59f0d12afd366b0685704e9a57f.png

It may be a 4K seed since the generation time was low, I usually do 8K but it usually took nearly an hour to generate so this low generation makes me suspect a 4K

Edited by Khalagar (see edit history)
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

i have notice 2 little things in A19

1: Boes eyes. While all the new zombies eyes have white out eyes, Boes eyes look normal (minis the red) just a small thing

and 2 the spear book!

if you look on the model of the book you can see the Authors name. but look at the last name..

Cassadore! Duke's last name is Cassadore.....

Spoiler

F8E16F5C4B4CAEFFF1CC1CED96F4E6467E76A738

Edited by Adam the Waster (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

i have notice 2 little things in A19

1: Boes eyes. While all the new zombies eyes have white out eyes, Boes eyes look normal (minis the red) just a small thing

and 2 the spear book!

if you look on the model of the book you can see the Authors name. but look at the last name..

Cassadore! Duke Cassadore, 

Reveal hidden contents

F8E16F5C4B4CAEFFF1CC1CED96F4E6467E76A738

There is also a hidden easter egg I came across in A19 that I havent seen anyone mention yet...the devil is in the details....😁

Edit: and no....its not Corona wipes....😂

Edited by Laz Man (see edit history)

1 minute ago, Laz Man said:

There is also a hidden easter egg I came across in A19 that I havent seen anyone mention yet...the devil is in the details....😁

Edit: and no....its not Corona wipes....😂

well alot of people know about those. but the other one i don't know!

i only know a few references/Eastereggs in-game 

42 minutes ago, MechanicalLens said:

Seems more like a limitation more than anything; the game probably can't keep the memory of the forge's contents perhaps.

Edit: Or intended. Faatal?

Well seems to me there ought to be a little warning "your gonna lose material" or spit out the materials. I did not lose the anvil or bellows... So it's coded to check for those and and put in ur inventory

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

well alot of people know about those. but the other one i don't know!

i only know a few references/Eastereggs in-game 

There is also the huenik bros box company....but it's not that one I'm referring to either...hehe

• Haha 1