Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

9 hours ago, Guppys Fur said:

Hey Americans beyond the sea, all Fingers still attached?

Hope you had lots of fun :)

TFP,

Was curious how happy/satisfied you are with the A19 Launch and its response in the community?

I heard lots of positive resonance and despite the expected amount of bugs it seems to be a really smooth experience for most.

Any expectations on how long A19 will be in experimental in relation with MF Bugs?

All dates are when it's done.

17 minutes ago, Guppys Fur said:

I kinda felt like the stone age dudes who discovered Fire.

Welcome to the club, I felt like walking out of the cave when found out the new tree stumps have a chance for giving honey

(when they replaced it with not lootable, but destroyable object). I walked so many times around these, crawling and infected hoping for a light in life, encumbered as a donkey before Christmas in 12th century. 

It is cool to know everything of this game, as most of us are here for that, but discovering these little obvious things makes it better every time. 

I'm feeling weird. I'm pure agility, 4/5 in archery, pistols, and knife. I have 4/4 parkour and 3/3 run & gun. But the primary aspect of the tree, stealth, has virtually no appeal to me. It just feels strange lol, I'd rather walk into a POI with my level 5 SMG and pop headshot after headshot than waste time, money, and immersion sneaking around. I feel at conflict with myself over that aspect of these character builds. I think some things should have a separate list and should not be governed by attributes, primary things that every character can opt into regardless of attribute; Mining, stealth, farming, animal hunting and harvesting. I feel those aspects of the game should not be restricted to certain builds. I'd love it if I didn't have to wholly waste points into strength just to get into mining, you know?

I know MM likes the attribute system but it just seems like it's way too multiplayer centric, and doesn't cater to the enjoyment of single-players. It's meant for repeat playthroughs, but I like to invest myself in one world and build all kinds of bridges and monuments and tunnels through mountains to drive through, etc. Having a "classic" perk option in the world settings would be perfect, where nothing is limited by attribute specialization, and you can specialize into different perks freely, independent of attribute investment. Let's face it, I have 1.5 megabits of internet here in the country, I'm not playing online any time soon. So I have to do everything alone. I'd love to have a single playthrough where I don't feel like I'm missing out on other things in other attributes. I had this problem with Alpha 18/17 too and it always ends up coming back to this.

I'm not enjoying a stealth build, I'm enjoying an agility build. It's effective, but if I specialize in strength first, for example, I can't just run around on bloodmoon night shooting and throwing molotovs, because I won't have Run and Gun from the agility tree to reload while sprinting. So I am essentially forced (Yes, forced) to spec into agility first every time I play, if I don't want to engage in tower defense and rather, take the fight to them directly. I can, technically, have agility first and strength second, but not without weeks of dreadful zombie kill grinding to make it so. I feel like attributes themselves belong, agility, strength, etc, but putting POINTS into attributes doesn't belong. It would be better if the benefits of the attributes, IE headshot damage and dismemberment chance, were localized into new perks listed under each attribute. I know a lot of time and resources went into the development of this attribute system, but it just seems like a cheap way to make every player feel like they're missing out on things they want every playthrough. You can't reasonably brag about "this many hours" of play time on your game per year if you're really just psy@%$*#!gically (Psych - ologic - ally) manipulating people into engaging in multiple short-term playthroughs that always make them feel like they're missing out on things they want. 

Essentially the biggest solution I can recommend, is keep attributes, they fit; But don't gate every perk behind an attribute that I must first put points into. If anything, make new perks for headshot damage and dismember chance per weapon type, and remove the attribute requirements for different ranks of different perks. 

7 minutes ago, Trunks_Budo said:

I'm feeling weird. I'm pure agility, 4/5 in archery, pistols, and knife. I have 4/4 parkour and 3/3 run & gun. But the primary aspect of the tree, stealth, has virtually no appeal to me. It just feels strange lol, I'd rather walk into a POI with my level 5 SMG and pop headshot after headshot than waste time, money, and immersion sneaking around. I feel at conflict with myself over that aspect of these character builds. I think some things should have a separate list and should not be governed by attributes, primary things that every character can opt into regardless of attribute; Mining, stealth, farming, animal hunting and harvesting. I feel those aspects of the game should not be restricted to certain builds. I'd love it if I didn't have to wholly waste points into strength just to get into mining, you know? I know MM likes the attribute system but it just seems like it's way too multiplayer centric, and doesn't cater to the enjoyment of single-players. It's meant for repeat playthroughs, but I like to invest myself in one world and build all kinds of bridges and monuments and tunnels through mountains to drive through, etc. Having a "classic" perk option in the world settings would be perfect, where nothing is limited by attribute specialization, and you can specialize into different perks freely, independent of attribute investment. Let's face it, I have 1.5 megabits of internet here in the country, I'm not playing online any time soon. So I have to do everything alone. I'd love to have a single playthrough where I don't feel like I'm missing out on other things in other attributes. I had this problem with Alpha 18/17 too and it always ends up coming back to this. I'm not enjoying a stealth build, I'm enjoying an agility build. It's effective, but if I specialize in strength, for example, I can't just run around on bloodmoon night shooting and throwing molotovs, because I won't have Run and Gun from the agility tree to reload while sprinting. I can, technically, but not without weeks of dreadful zombie kill grinding to make it so. I feel like attributes themselves belong, agility, strength, etc, but putting POINTS into attributes doesn't. It would be better if the benefits of the attributes, IE headshot damage and dismemberment chance, were localized into perks listed under the attributes. I know a lot of time and resources went into the development of this system, but it just seems like a cheap way to make every player feel like they're missing out. You can't brag about play time on your game if you're psy@%$*#!gically manipulating people into multiple playthroughs. 

Well, what you think would be a better system sounds cool and fine on paper, but IMO without attribute gating you'd probably be end-game in the first week or two.

10 minutes ago, Jost Amman said:

Well, what you think would be a better system sounds cool and fine on paper, but IMO without attribute gating you'd probably be end-game in the first week or two.

Plausible deduction, reasonable and makes sense. But any single-player playthrough usually only lasts 4-7 weeks anyway with the current system. The multiplayer worlds though can last ages: Building tunnels through mountains for the community, building bridges over rivers, town-making, etc, that's the direction I feel the game could benefit to go in, if they want it to be multiplayer centric. Encourage settlement creation, faction division in servers, etc. 

Honestly, I would be satisfied if these following perks did not have attributes gating my investment into them: Run and Gun, Miner 69er, Motherlode, Living off the Land, The Huntsman, and Master Chef. Parkour is an exclusively awesome thing in agility, leave it there, leave it gated. But those other skills I listed are too universally useful to gate for single-players, and should be accessible to all players regardless of specialization. Boom, I'm satisfied if this is the case. Leave attribute gates, but make key things more accessible etc. That's just my opinion. I feel it could be a win for both single players and multiplayers, because two characters in different attributes could still mine together, hunt together, tend to gardens, cook while traveling and camping out, etc; And that form of cooperation is what makes an in-game server community or township feel more real. It is possible to have TOO MUCH privatization involved. There should be a Survival Basics attribute, with no gates, just useful perks. That's my ultimate solution, and that's the note I'm ending on I think. I hope the devs entertain the possibility, I know it sucks when somebody criticizes your baby. I speak all of this from a place of love for your baby, devs. Just so you know. I love it.

13 minutes ago, Trunks_Budo said:

I'm feeling weird...

I wouldn't feel weird about it. It is true that if you want to succeed with a more pure build, MP is the way to go with that. Otherwise, when you play solo, you have to spread out your talents and find the right combo that works for you in terms of your playstyle but also to survive. That's kind of expected. Some of us who play solo consistently stick to their comfort zone and play what feels right for them. Some of us like to take different paths, paths we don't really like, from time to time to challenge ourselves. I wouldn't call setting up the game for multiple playthroughs manipulative. I call it getting your money's worth.

Just now, AtomicUs5000 said:

I wouldn't feel weird about it. It is true that if you want to succeed with a more pure build, MP is the way to go with that. Otherwise, when you play solo, you have to spread out your talents and find the right combo that works for you in terms of your playstyle but also to survive. That's kind of expected. Some of us who play solo consistently stick to their comfort zone and play what feels right for them. Some of us like to take different paths, paths we don't really like, from time to time to challenge ourselves. I wouldn't call setting up the game for multiple playthroughs manipulative. I call it getting your money's worth.

Also a valid point. Manipulative seems like an unfair assessment on my part and I have to apologize for it. It's possible I feel sour lol

25 minutes ago, Trunks_Budo said:

I'm feeling weird. I'm pure agility, 4/5 in archery, pistols, and knife. I have 4/4 parkour and 3/3 run & gun. But the primary aspect of the tree, stealth, has virtually no appeal to me. It just feels strange lol, I'd rather walk into a POI with my level 5 SMG and pop headshot after headshot than waste time, money, and immersion sneaking around. I feel at conflict with myself over that aspect of these character builds. I think some things should have a separate list and should not be governed by attributes, primary things that every character can opt into regardless of attribute; Mining, stealth, farming, animal hunting and harvesting. I feel those aspects of the game should not be restricted to certain builds. I'd love it if I didn't have to wholly waste points into strength just to get into mining, you know?

I know MM likes the attribute system but it just seems like it's way too multiplayer centric, and doesn't cater to the enjoyment of single-players. It's meant for repeat playthroughs, but I like to invest myself in one world and build all kinds of bridges and monuments and tunnels through mountains to drive through, etc. Having a "classic" perk option in the world settings would be perfect, where nothing is limited by attribute specialization, and you can specialize into different perks freely, independent of attribute investment. Let's face it, I have 1.5 megabits of internet here in the country, I'm not playing online any time soon. So I have to do everything alone. I'd love to have a single playthrough where I don't feel like I'm missing out on other things in other attributes. I had this problem with Alpha 18/17 too and it always ends up coming back to this.

I'm not enjoying a stealth build, I'm enjoying an agility build. It's effective, but if I specialize in strength first, for example, I can't just run around on bloodmoon night shooting and throwing molotovs, because I won't have Run and Gun from the agility tree to reload while sprinting. So I am essentially forced (Yes, forced) to spec into agility first every time I play, if I don't want to engage in tower defense and rather, take the fight to them directly. I can, technically, have agility first and strength second, but not without weeks of dreadful zombie kill grinding to make it so. I feel like attributes themselves belong, agility, strength, etc, but putting POINTS into attributes doesn't belong. It would be better if the benefits of the attributes, IE headshot damage and dismemberment chance, were localized into new perks listed under each attribute. I know a lot of time and resources went into the development of this attribute system, but it just seems like a cheap way to make every player feel like they're missing out on things they want every playthrough. You can't reasonably brag about "this many hours" of play time on your game per year if you're really just psy@%$*#!gically (Psych - ologic - ally) manipulating people into engaging in multiple short-term playthroughs that always make them feel like they're missing out on things they want. 

Essentially the biggest solution I can recommend, is keep attributes, they fit; But don't gate every perk behind an attribute that I must first put points into. If anything, make new perks for headshot damage and dismember chance per weapon type, and remove the attribute requirements for different ranks of different perks. 

The attribute system works fine single player. There are plenty of points to spend in multiple trees. You just wont be maxing out everything and you really dont need to. Reduced perk levels in a19 from 5 to 3 helps this too.

I do agree that the Agility tree is not attractive at the moment. Bows are having a hard time differentiating themselves from the massive fire power in other trees. No one wants to stealth through a dungeon crawl which doubles the time it takes while smashing through with the right firepower has no repercussions. Agility does need work. 

Not sure what can be done for stealth to make it more attractive but I propose bows do stacking bleed damage when perked up. That would make Agility the DOT tree and it would lend itself a unique play style.

While I understand your point about Terra forming the whole world for months, I don't think the base game is meant to provide that experience. You can always raise experience gains %, play creative mod, or mod the game to your taste. Besides, nothing prevents you from making anything even if you are not maxxed out in Miner 69er and the likes. 

Also, if you plan to play the same playthrough for months, it's pretty easy to be maxxed out in at least two trees. 

Not saying I like the whole 'one tree one specialization' that much myself, but just providing some feedback to the concerns you expressed. 

I take back what I said about Attribute gates not belonging in the game, I was dead wrong. But I do feel like my "Survival Basics" attribute idea is the perfect solution; Have universally useful things that anybody can opt into, and keep the rest gated, that's what I think I'm settling on in terms of my criticism and advice, that's my opinion for how to improve this perceived flaw of mine. I recognize it's a perceived flaw of mine and others may not agree and that's totally cool. Just speaking my mind, and trying to keep tame my inner sourness lol

28 minutes ago, Trunks_Budo said:

I feel at conflict with myself over that aspect of these character builds. I think some things should have a separate list and should not be governed by attributes

Yeah, I really feel like attribute system needs another rework, it just doesn't make sense.

10 strength, I bet I'm really strong and do a ton of melee damage and . . .what? Strength increases how much damage I do with shotgun and isn't just block damage or how much I can carry??

10 Agility, I bet I'm fast AF boye! Wut? 10 Agility has literally nothing to do with how fast I run or can jump??? Cardio isn't even in agility??!!?!?

But with 10 fortitude I bet I'm SUPER TANKY!! Wait . . .fortitude increases how much damage I do with an m60??????? I don't even get more health or durability???

Weapons being tied to the attributes is weird and not at all intuitive and even my friend with like 500+ hours I have to constantly try to re-explain it to him and explain that just because he's "an agility character" it doesn't mean he's fast or better at running if he doesn't invest in the specific perks.

The attributes being completely unrelated to what their name implies is really weird. Sure,some of the perks in the tree are kind of relevant, but not all, and rather them even being perks, they should be part of the base attribute instead and the perks should be related things.

It would make way more sense if it was just . . .y'know, common sense

Raising Fortitude = More Health and Damage resistance

Raising Agility = Cardio and Parkour perk

Raising Perception = Gun Damage

Raising Strength = Block damage like Miner 69 and Melee damage

Raising Int = Unlocks crafting stuff

The focus of the entire game ATM is just on the ADHD run and gun players who want to play Call of Duty, but with zombies. Mining is now super late game only, schematics making the entire int tree pointless, and basically everything that isn't just a "MOAR DAMAGE NAO" perk has a direct work around in game like just eating a candy or drinking a megacrush. Why waste points on cardio when you can megacrush? Perk points are WAY too  valuable to waste on anything that isn't useful 24/7

Just now, Trunks_Budo said:

Also a valid point. Manipulative seems like an unfair assessment on my part and I have to apologize for it. It's possible I feel sour lol

Understood. In A18 dev, madmole played a few different builds to test the progression and survivability of each. A couple he may not have gotten around to. Now in A19, things are likely different, and this should be done again. However, I don't think it's possible for them to try everything, every character build, for every alpha build. That's what we're here for while playing alpha. It might be helpful to report back something like, when I try playing with x build, at some y point in the game, I really need z and I can't progress without it... but with this other build, there is no problem.

5 minutes ago, Khalagar said:

Yeah, I really feel like attribute system needs another rework, it just doesn't make sense.

10 strength, I bet I'm really strong and do a ton of melee damage and . . .what? Strength increases how much damage I do with shotgun and not block damage??

10 Agility, I bet I'm fast AF boye! Wut? 10 Agility has literally nothing to do with how fast I run or can jump??? Cardio isn't even in agility??!!?!?

But with 10 fortitude I bet I'm SUPER TANKY!! Wait . . .fortitude increases how much damage I do with an m60???????

Weapons being tied to the attributes is weird and not at all intuitive and even my friend with like 500+ hours I have to constantly try to re-explain it to him and explain that just because he's "an agility character" it doesn't mean he's fast or better at running if he doesn't invest in the specific perks.

The attributes being completely unrelated to what their name implies is really weird. Sure,some of the perks in the tree are kind of relevant, but not all, and rather them even being perks, they should be part of the base attribute instead and the perks should be related things.

It would make way more sense if it was just . . .y'know, common sense

Raising Fortitude = More Health and Damage resistance

Raising Agility = Cardio and Parkour perk

Raising Perception = Gun Damage

Raising Strength = Block damage like Miner 69 and Melee damage

Raising Int = Unlocks crafting stuff

The focus of the entire game ATM is just on the ADHD run and gun players who want to play Call of Duty, but with zombies. Mining is now super late game only, schematics making the entire int tree pointless, and basically everything that isn't just a "MOAR DAMAGE NAO" perk has a direct work around in game like just eating a candy or drinking a megacrush. Why waste points on cardio when you can megacrush? Perk points are WAY too  valuable to waste on anything that isn't useful 24/7

I totally agree with your dislike of how Attributes govern weapon specialization. I get what they're going for, and I get your criticisms of it. I trust that within a few alphas they will have sorted out everything. They're just between places right now and it's not easy to keep a game cohesive and whole, while also trying to transform many aspects of it.  If we can unlock 2 points for attributes per level, and 1 point for "universal perks" like cooking, mining, farming, hunting, Run and Gun, and hey even swimming (bring back olympic swimmer lol), then that would be awesome.  Maybe they could give you 1 combat-centric point and 1 otherwise-centric point per level, and increase the amount of otherwise-centric perks available to the player, while ungating them? Possibilities abound.

On 7/5/2020 at 2:26 PM, Khalagar said:

I'm like 400 posts behind, but has anyone encountered this?

2w1BzBE.jpg

I can't modify my Wrench to get my mods off it, the "Modify" button is totally missing

I think it has something to do with me making a Workbench and it using a different wrench in my inventory, but it broke my actual wrench. I tried dropping it, equipping it, putting it in a box etc, but the wrench was FUBAR. Only way I got mods off it was by handing it to my friend and he was able to take the mods off after he equipped it

I've had issues with the modify option being gone one time I look at it and back when I look at it again.

The attribute / perk system would make way more sense if it was just broken down into the common sense roles, so people could do different builds but also get value from every point.

What if I want to be a mining character, but also use an M60 and a Spear instead of being forced to use a Shotgun and Sledge? Every single point I invested in the strength attribute itself  is completely wasted, every single one. It would be way better if the base attribute was actually useful and provided value on it's own

Fortitude = points in attribute itself raise health, and then all the perks in the tree are the damage resistance perks and healing perks

Strength = points in attribute increase block damage or increase carry load like Pack Mule, and then the perks could be a perk for each melee weapon and for mining etc

Agility = points in attribute increase default move speed or grant the parkour perk or something, and all the stamina perks could go here
Perception = points in attribute increase headshot damage and all the individual gun perks go here

Int = points unlock crafting recipes as you invest in int, and the actual perks could be stuff like the wrench perk, junk turret stuff, charisma stuff etc

You'd still have builds, but it wouldn't punish you for going after perks in an attribute tree that you don't use the weapons for. My friend always wants to max out the Parkour perk so he can jump higher, but then runs around with an Ak47 and grenades. So every single point he puts in the agility attribute is completely and totally wasted and he gets quite literally 0 value out of like 15+ levels worth of points, but had to spend all of those points on pistol and bow damage, just so he can jump higher

2 hours ago, beerfly said:

Welcome to the club, I felt like walking out of the cave when found out the new tree stumps have a chance for giving honey

(when they replaced it with not lootable, but destroyable object). I walked so many times around these, crawling and infected hoping for a light in life, encumbered as a donkey before Christmas in 12th century. 

It is cool to know everything of this game, as most of us are here for that, but discovering these little obvious things makes it better every time. 

Honey in stumps should be a loading screen tip. 😀😀😀

10 minutes ago, JCrook1028 said:

I've had issues with the modify option being gone one time I look at it and back when I look at it again.

Whenever that happens, just equip the wrench. With the equip option gone (Since it's already on your toolbelt), the modify option will be there.

6 minutes ago, Khalagar said:

The attribute / perk system would make way more sense if it was just broken down into the common sense roles, so people could do different builds but also get value from every point.

What if I want to be a mining character, but also use an M60 and a Spear instead of being forced to use a Shotgun and Sledge? Every single point I invested in the strength attribute itself  is completely wasted, every single one. It would be way better if the base attribute was actually useful and provided value on it's own

Fortitude = points in attribute itself raise health, and then all the perks in the tree are the damage resistance perks and healing perks

Strength = points in attribute increase block damage or increase carry load like Pack Mule, and then the perks could be a perk for each melee weapon and for mining etc

Agility = points in attribute increase default move speed or grant the parkour perk or something, and all the stamina perks could go here
Perception = points in attribute increase headshot damage and all the individual gun perks go here

Int = points unlock crafting recipes as you invest in int, and the actual perks could be stuff like the wrench perk, junk turret stuff, charisma stuff etc

You'd still have builds, but it wouldn't punish you for going after perks in an attribute tree that you don't use the weapons for. My friend always wants to max out the Parkour perk so he can jump higher, but then runs around with an Ak47 and grenades. So every single point he puts in the agility attribute is completely and totally wasted and he gets quite literally 0 value out of like 15+ levels worth of points, but had to spend all of those points on pistol and bow damage, just so he can jump higher

That is an incredible point to be made to the devs, so that they get an idea of what direction to go in when they choose to revise attributes next; How do you make the attribute itself useful to everyone, without being overpowered? I totally agree that wasting 10-15 levels worth of points in agility for max level Parkour is waaaaay too much, and it would be way better if agility granted something universally useful, even if it was just 2% (or even 1%) more movement speed per rank. It should never feel like you're "Wasting" points in attributes just to eventually invest points in the perks that you want, but in the current iteration of the game it feels that way, very often. If I have a level 5 machete, SMG, and desert vulture, I sure as hell don't care about anything any other attribute can give me, because I'm not going to switch my primary weapons. It means that investing in more than one attribute will always involve wasted points, just to get to the perks below them, and that's so... Ugh, it just hurts every time >_<

32 minutes ago, Khalagar said:

I was thinking of something like this just before alpha 19 dropped. My idea was to split the "classes" from the "perks" entirely, keep the perks as they are now but allow the player to perk into ANY of them without having to waste skill points into the classes. Then add action points to go along side perk points, each level you get an action point to put into strength,agility,fortitude etc, then you spend a perk point into ANY perk you want. 

Strength should rise armor protection by like 1% a perk, maybe max of 15%

agility should rise stamina again maybe a max of 15%

fortitude should rise HP by a max of 15% and so on. 

So using weapons such as a machete,AK,and a shotgun you are not going to waste perk points into crap you do not care about, that would mean possibly maxing out 3 different classes which is pretty much bye bye all perk points.     

2 minutes ago, HeavyMetalGamer8 said:

I was thinking of something like this just before alpha 19 dropped. My idea was to split the "classes" from the "perks" entirely, keep the perks as they are now but allow the player to perk into ANY of them without having to waste skill points into the classes. Then add action points to go along side perk points, each level you get an action point to put into strength,agility,fortitude etc, then you spend a perk point into ANY perk you want. 

Strength should rise armor protection by like 1% a perk, maybe max of 15%

agility should rise stamina again maybe a max of 15%

fortitude should rise HP by a max of 15% and so on. 

So using weapons such as a machete,AK,and a shotgun you are not going to waste perk points into crap you do not care about, that would mean possibly maxing out 3 different classes which is pretty much bye bye all perk points.     

One day... One day I shall be the spear-throwing, machete-wielding, ak-47 shooting badass with a shotgun for a sidearm that I want to be lol, that is my dream. The Fun Pimps could make it real one day too. As for right now though, the immediate problem I see is two things: Mining restricted to one tree, and sprinting while reloading restricted to one tree. Those two things are simply too important to be exclusive, that's like gating the boiling of bottled water to a single attribute.

Loving the new alpha so far however one thing as got me thinking, whats up with the "tiered" loot system? I know it is tied to your game stage and i agree we should not be getting M60s and Augers on day 1. Does anyone else feel that doing this is making looting boring? after getting 20 stone axes and spears i am like...."sigh" this is getting dull, looting the dungeon style POIs is possibly the best part of 7days2die. After clearing out a POI and entering the "loot" room its always exciting popping open the treasure chest and supply creates, or at least it used to be. i know end game it will be amazing FINALLY getting the high tier loot but it makes doing tier 2,3,4 POIs pointless at even day 10, which at this point i am totally ready to explore.

Also i am seeing that perk books and schematics are going to be tiered as well? that will totally destroy the fun factor of looting full stop IMO, i have been able to get a 4x4 at day 10 thanks to the schematics and being able to buy the steel for it. i have also found the auto shotgun schematic but have not made it yet due to spending all my dukes on the steel for the 4x4 and ammo for horde nights+food. 

Just think getting nothing but stone tools/weapons and the same crappy books/schematics over and over again until day 15 when you finally hit tier 2 loot. getting to those loot rooms will no longer be fun and exciting. 

I was thinking about maybe putting the high tier loot attached to traders, and tie them to high tier quests? possibly add new quests like "build and defend" or just "repair base" along side the not so great fetch/kill quests. Then chain them together, so you want an M60? you got to get to tier 3-4 trader quests and do 10 quests that are chained together in a numbered order of difficulty THEN the trader will sell the rewarded Item. This example the M60 for say ......100,000 dukes? it gives it a sense of progression and achievement knowing you WILL get that nice top tier gun without waiting for tiered loot to catch up with you. 

Archived