Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

5 hours ago, Dukerider03 said:

Have you checked your Vsink in video settings?

Well, VSync setting is there ..lol. Just kidding what I need to check there. I mean if it become 0 or max I have no clue.

5 hours ago, faatal said:

Possibly. AI will continue to change as we improve the game.

Vsync On is what would cap it at 60. Turn it off. Also check your gfx driver settings, since vsync can be force on there also.

Thanks I will check. Thanks. 

Tier 5 quests are horrible compared to tier 4 and now i only have 1 available until the trader resets. I seriously regret taking the last special trader quest. Any way to downgrade quests to TIER 4?

Couldn't there be sepparate menu for each tier? (with multiple quests for each tier)

I have loot respawn turned off and now I only get like 2 factories and one brick apt recycling - none of which I ever want to do again.

And on the same note, why do the same 4 POI's repeat if there are more options in the town?

12 hours ago, Jost Amman said:

I have been playing A19 pregen01 for some time now and I noticed something weird...

I was trying to acquire some workstations schematics since all trader Jen's ones are broken.

So I started searching all around in POIs and almost all WS I found were broken (only ONE working Workbench in the entire town).

The weird thing however is that in A18 you could sometimes find the corresponding schematics for the broken WS inside it, but in A19 I never found one even after looting more than a dozen workstations in total.

Is this the new norm or have I just been unlucky?

Has anyone found any schematics up until now in broken workstations?

Thanks

They still drop schematics but they lowered the chance significantly. I ended up purchasing all of my schematics from traders. At which point, a broken workstation would occasionally drop a schematic. They have also decreased the chance that workstations are operational. I didn't find a working workbench until around day 14. The trader had the schematic for sale shortly thereafter. I purchased the cement mixer  from the trader before Day 21. I didn't get a chem lab until Day 30+ and that was purchased directly from a trader as well. I eventually ended up buying the schematics for the Chem lab and Cement Mixer from traders as well. 

Btw, the gun factory should NEVER give you "clear" quest!

The zombies on the top floors just keep falling down and since they don't die, you'll end up having to find them in the already taking-too-long-to-complete huge POI.

EDIT: I'm only getting "clear" huge POI quests at the moment for some reason.

42 minutes ago, Kosmic Kerman said:

They still drop schematics but they lowered the chance significantly. I ended up purchasing all of my schematics from traders. At which point, a broken workstation would occasionally drop a schematic. They have also decreased the chance that workstations are operational. I didn't find a working workbench until around day 14. The trader had the schematic for sale shortly thereafter. I purchased the cement mixer  from the trader before Day 21. I didn't get a chem lab until Day 30+ and that was purchased directly from a trader as well. I eventually ended up buying the schematics for the Chem lab and Cement Mixer from traders as well. 

Sadly I was unlucky on that side too.

For now I've been both at Jen's and Huge's but they've never had a workstation schematics on sale. :nono:

8 minutes ago, MajorMunchy said:

Quesitons: game is a19 first release ik they did b157, game keeps saying "loadign up older version b154" any way to manually update or do i need to srtart a new game?
Also are some of b157 patch notes for devs? saw a note for the drone.

There is a General Support section in this forum. Your message is probably because the world you play in was generated in b154. That message will only go away with a new world.

I am finding if I leave the game on pause it crashes to desktop eventually. Time laps unknown as its crashed when I come back to it.

The crawlers when they burst through doors, are doing a standing up animation ??? - most odd...

1 hour ago, toores said:

Tier 5 quests are horrible compared to tier 4 and now i only have 1 available until the trader resets. I seriously regret taking the last special trader quest. Any way to downgrade quests to TIER 4?

Couldn't there be sepparate menu for each tier? (with multiple quests for each tier)

I have loot respawn turned off and now I only get like 2 factories and one brick apt recycling - none of which I ever want to do again.

And on the same note, why do the same 4 POI's repeat if there are more options in the town?

What map you playing?

6 minutes ago, CrazyOatmeal said:

New lighting looks like complete @%$*#!. Flat and unrealistic. Looks like oldschool minecraft. They also @%$*#!ed up antialiasing. Good job guys. Good update.

Can you elaborate with more details and reasons or it is just these both words. Devs put huge amount of work and sort of deserve more than two not so polite words. Thanks in advance. 

2 hours ago, toores said:

1 hour ago, toores said:

The zombies on the top floors just keep falling down and since they don't die, you'll end up having to find them in the already taking-too-long-to-complete huge POI.

Exact same issue me and a friend are having, this has been an issue for a while where there's a ton of variety in houses from tier 1-4 with a lot of these really cool areas to see and explore, and then you hit 5 and it's just Shotgun Messiah, Shamway HQ, and 6 Story Apt and literally nothing else. I don't know if there even *is* another tier 5, if there is I don't think I've seen it. I haven't had a Hospital or the skyscrapper one in a REALLY long time, like "4-5 new games and hundreds of hours" long, so those might be removed entirely from RWG? Don't think I've seen either since like A16 or A17

Thus far I'm also only getting clear or fetch / clear as well on the tier 5's. I guess they realized literally everyone would only take fetch quests at higher level so combated that by . . .removing fetch quests instead of fixing the reason people avoided clears? Dunno

Clear quests are awful for the reason you stated and because vultures count towards the clear condition and they fly off to the void, never to be seen again and get stuck on a random rafter and force you to spend 4 hours IRL trying to find them only to give up and get 0 reward

I think Tier 4 has the coolest PoI, but you barely get to see them before you go back to the same old trusty Shotgun Messiah, Apartment of misery, and Shamway. Pretty sure I've even seen the devs say "screw the 6 story apartment" a few times lol

It'd be cool to see the lower tier PoI, but with harder zombies / more zombies / random placement or something, or maybe make it timed etc. Something to let Tier 5 have more variety

2 hours ago, toores said:

Fetch only was removed from tier4/5s

56 minutes ago, Khalagar said:

Exact same issue me and a friend are having, this has been an issue for a while where there's a ton of variety in houses from tier 1-4 with a lot of these really cool areas to see and explore, and then you hit 5 and it's just Shotgun Messiah, Shamway HQ, and 6 Story Apt and literally nothing else. I don't know if there even *is* another tier 5, if there is I don't think I've seen it. I haven't had a Hospital or the skyscrapper one in a REALLY long time, like "4-5 new games and hundreds of hours" long, so those might be removed entirely from RWG? Don't think I've seen either since like A16 or A17

Thus far I'm also only getting clear or fetch / clear as well on the tier 5's. I guess they realized literally everyone would only take fetch quests at higher level so combated that by . . .removing fetch quests instead of fixing the reason people avoided clears? Dunno

Clear quests are awful for the reason you stated and because vultures count towards the clear condition and they fly off to the void, never to be seen again and get stuck on a random rafter and force you to spend 4 hours IRL trying to find them only to give up and get 0 reward

I think Tier 4 has the coolest PoI, but you barely get to see them before you go back to the same old trusty Shotgun Messiah, Apartment of misery, and Shamway. Pretty sure I've even seen the devs say "screw the 6 story apartment" a few times lol

It'd be cool to see the lower tier PoI, but with harder zombies / more zombies / random placement or something, or maybe make it timed etc. Something to let Tier 5 have more variety

In Navezgane there was a bug with the map limiting what quests POIs were given to the player based on location.  This should have been fixed in A19 allowing for quests in areas of the map like Departure City in the SE corner of the map.

This includes POIs like dishong, higashi, Bob's builders, red Mesa facility, etc.

3 hours ago, toores said:

Instead of letting out steam, care to elaborate what exactly you dont like on them?

Its not that the game forces you to do them in any way.

I really like those for example, they are neat End-Game Distractions

1 hour ago, MechanicalLens said:

Pressing "R" on your keyboard reverses the block to its previous rotation.

A trick i found out about ca 2 months ago.... after playing the game for years.

I kinda felt like the stone age dudes who discovered Fire.

Archived