Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

8 minutes ago, madmole said:

I think that has been reported. Log out and log in should fix it.

@madmole We've already figured out that the modify option doesn't show up unless the wrench is in the player's toolbelt. While in the backpack, the 5 options are, in no particular order, Scrap, Repair, Recipes, Equip, and Drop. While in the hotbar, "Equip" is replaced with "Modify"; someone said a few messages back that the claw hammer nor the wrench had the "Equip" option back in A18.

Yep, and just to be clear, there was no "Equip" option for Wrench/Claw-hammer, while they were in the Backpack, in a18.4.

Also noticed in a18.4 (can't speak to e19) that the "Repair" option only showed if the tool was repairable. So potentially confusing when Modify is accessible.

("Repair" just wasn't there at all if tool was 100%. Not like the "Scrap" option that is there but greyed out if mods are installed)

Can't think of any other items that may be in the same boat.. needs to be part of a Recipe, Moddable, Repairable and valid to Equip. May just be the two?

"Go to the freezer, get the box" ... "We're heeellpping!!"  <--- old Round Table pizza commercial :biggrin1:

Keep finding a set of loot in trash, occasionally. It's like 1 feather, 4 sand, m60 schematic, and don't recall what the 4th item is. On the first map I made it was the first trash I opened, and got it again within the first day. I've probably gotten it 5 or 6 times so far.

Just me?

9 hours ago, Thecolours said:

How come we can't use a splint or bandage to heal our sprained ankle faster?  

Apparently, eating one of those Health Bar candies will make it heal 2x faster.   I'm loving the candies.  

1 minute ago, TheRani said:

Apparently, eating one of those Health Bar candies will make it heal 2x faster.   I'm loving the candies.  

I thought I would hate the candies because I've never liked consumables with timed buffs. I was wrong. I like them, a lot.

11 hours ago, Varen said:

So, two questions here.
-Is it possible to give different pathing properties to different rotations of an object?
-If so, would it be possible to double the resolution of the navigation map for the zombies?

Something like the half block for example, it clearly has two sides with a full path, and four that have half. With a half resolution, that'd be 4 'squares' and 2 'squares'.
I think, combined with ensuring that blocks fall into quarterable sizes, this would solve the majority of pathing glitches.

It works nothing like that. Blocks don't have pathing. Pathing is based on colliders, with some block checks, but not faces of blocks.

If you used half blocks it would be 8x the data, since there are 3 dimensions.

I have been playing A19 pregen01 for some time now and I noticed something weird...

I was trying to acquire some workstations schematics since all trader Jen's ones are broken.

So I started searching all around in POIs and almost all WS I found were broken (only ONE working Workbench in the entire town).

The weird thing however is that in A18 you could sometimes find the corresponding schematics for the broken WS inside it, but in A19 I never found one even after looting more than a dozen workstations in total.

Is this the new norm or have I just been unlucky?

Has anyone found any schematics up until now in broken workstations?

Thanks

Just now, Jost Amman said:

I have been playing A19 pregen01 for some time now and I noticed something weird...

I was trying to acquire some workstations schematics since all trader Jen's ones are broken.

So I started searching all around in POIs and almost all WS I found were broken (only ONE working Workbench in the entire town).

The weird thing however is that in A18 you could sometimes find the corresponding schematics for the broken WS inside it, but in A19 I never found one even after looting more than a dozen workstations in total.

Thanks

I heard somewhere that this is the new norm. I have actually yet to find a working workbench/cement mixer/chem station/forge in my world, and I've found 3 traders so far and I've done lots of looting. The chances of finding the schematic in the appropriate workstations has, as expected, been reduced as a result.

23 minutes ago, faatal said:

It works nothing like that. Blocks don't have pathing. Pathing is based on colliders, with some block checks, but not faces of blocks.

If you used half blocks it would be 8x the data, since there are 3 dimensions.

Would increasing the duration of the destroy everything timer or moving its check/start to after the zombie has regained its feet work?

8 minutes ago, MechanicalLens said:

I heard somewhere that this is the new norm. I have actually yet to find a working workbench/cement mixer/chem station/forge in my world, and I've found 3 traders so far and I've done lots of looting. The chances of finding the schematic in the appropriate workstations has, as expected, been reduced as a result.

In my first world in A19 the second book I found was workbench schematic. RWG. There is still a chance I suppose, but I remember the times that I found 3-4 one after another in A18 and was frustrating, glad it is fixed. 

It seems in one of A17/18 Graphics adjustment somehow my FPS are set to 60 max cap. Even if I reduce my graphics setting 'f8' doesn't show more than 60 FPS it always can go below on load, but never cross it. I think that some settings are messed up. Is there any way to reset all graphics to fresh installation? 

2 hours ago, Jost Amman said:

Thanks

I was watching Fubar_prime stream tonight, and the first workbench he looked at, inside the trader compound was destroyed, but it contained a workbench schematic.  He seemed to have hit the jackpot on his world gen though, he had some level 2 stone axes, a level 2 blunderbuss, and some other great stuff in containers inside the trader compound on day 1.

3 hours ago, Jost Amman said:

Thanks

I went into loot.xml to up egg chances from 20% to 35%, and now able to find some eggs. Think I saw stations were also 20%. Didn't up them as I had them or schematic already.

1 hour ago, archergod said:

It seems in one of A17/18 Graphics adjustment somehow my FPS are set to 60 max cap. Even if I reduce my graphics setting 'f8' doesn't show more than 60 FPS it always can go below on load, but never cross it. I think that some settings are messed up. Is there any way to reset all graphics to fresh installation? 

Have you checked your Vsink in video settings?

4 hours ago, Jost Amman said:

Thanks

I'm on day 6 and I just found a workbench schematic in a random diersville house. So yeah I am obviously playing Navezgane but I did also notice every workbench, forge, cement mixer & chemistry station I encountered were non working, EVERY one of them. 

My son is also playing Navezgane & he did find a few working but they definitely seem to have been nerfed down. 

So yeah, maybe you're unlucky or could be that random gen map.

4 hours ago, hiemfire said:

Would increasing the duration of the destroy everything timer or moving its check/start to after the zombie has regained its feet work?

Possibly. AI will continue to change as we improve the game.

1 hour ago, archergod said:

Vsync On is what would cap it at 60. Turn it off. Also check your gfx driver settings, since vsync can be force on there also.

4 hours ago, MechanicalLens said:

It was ridiculously easy before, I nerfed it. I've still found most of my schematics in workstations.

Hey Americans beyond the sea, all Fingers still attached?

Hope you had lots of fun :)

TFP,

Was curious how happy/satisfied you are with the A19 Launch and its response in the community?

I heard lots of positive resonance and despite the expected amount of bugs it seems to be a really smooth experience for most.

Any expectations on how long A19 will be in experimental in relation with MF Bugs?

@madmole  I am enjoying using the Blunderbuss from start to mid-level.

Is the nerf to blunderbuss ammo cost intentional?

a single shot costs 2 gunpowder while the box of 100 shots costs 320 gunpowder? Looking at all the other recipes of Boxes of ammo, it seems it should follow around 160 Gunpowder.

Archived