Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

2 hours ago, Aldranon said:

<Drive letter>:\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\Data\Config

I changed the number of perk points I got in the starter quest in quests.xml to 20!  My logic is: If you had gear that the Duke liked, you were a Badass and obviously not a noob.

Although, I'm wondering if your game gets harder afterwards.  (Something Gazz or Fatal coded in?)

By day 3 I fought 6 Z-dogs 3 in the open, it was bad but i lived.  I like padded armor as you can be pretty quick.

On day 6 (or 7 I don't remember) I fought 7 Z-Dogs but I saw them first so I got  the drop on them!

The next day 7 (or 8), I thought there were a couple of Z-dog outside the trader but it turned out there were 4... and a zombie bear!  Again my speed in padded armor saved me.  (and the AK)

Still wearing padded armor.  (Fast, no stamina loss... and fun!)

Thanks for that, what I meant was the actual zombie Ai coding.

I wanted to see if I could I mess around with it for an idea I have.

How does Blood moon and dying work again ? (day 14)

I died about 10 mins into BM re-spawned close on my bed but outside I found not a single zombie. I even went out way far from my base actually on a treasure quest (as you do - haha) whilst BM still was active but found no zombies anywhere to agro.

21 hours ago, madmole said:

I'd prefer it was darker, but all the streamers, youtube etc cranked the gamma all the time so people could see what is going on, or people could see in general, even though they were not intended to. What it does is give the game the perception to someone flipping channels is that this game is ugly/washed out. So we make it so they can see, and hopefully don't change the gamma in a way that is super destructive. This could change (its changed every alpha so far to some degree lol).

Coding the game around streaming is a mistake imo. Just giving them the new brightness vs gamma adjustment type solved that problem. The default light level did not need to change also.

7 minutes ago, JCrook1028 said:

Coding the game around streaming is a mistake imo. Just giving them the new brightness vs gamma adjustment type solved that problem. The default light level did not need to change also.

Moving forward hopefully they can adjust based on game sparks data.

I'm like 400 posts behind, but has anyone encountered this?

2w1BzBE.jpg

I can't modify my Wrench to get my mods off it, the "Modify" button is totally missing

I think it has something to do with me making a Workbench and it using a different wrench in my inventory, but it broke my actual wrench. I tried dropping it, equipping it, putting it in a box etc, but the wrench was FUBAR. Only way I got mods off it was by handing it to my friend and he was able to take the mods off after he equipped it

2 minutes ago, Khalagar said:

2w1BzBE.jpg

I can't modify my Wrench to get my mods off it, the "Modify" button is totally missing

I think it has something to do with me making a Workbench and it using a different wrench in my inventory, but it broke my actual wrench. I tried dropping it, equipping it, putting it in a box etc, but the wrench was FUBAR. Only way I got mods off it was by handing it to my friend and he was able to take the mods off after he equipped it

Odd, because my level 4 wrench has the modify option, but I've seen other wrenches without the option. This, and what you posted above, has to be a bug.

11 minutes ago, Jay_ombie said:

Probably been asked before, but I hope this isnt a hint your moving away from Steam  🤑

20200705193736-1.jpg

All I see at the top is some nonsense about a bomb wiping out everything (we all know it was Shamway that caused the apocalypse), "EPIC FAIL" (probably a rebranding of the Epic Games Store to the "Epic Fail Store"), an "Around The World" document (probably the front page of a travel magazine), and to the bottom right of that, what looks like a screaming SJW. 😛 

35 minutes ago, Khalagar said:

2w1BzBE.jpg

Did you try repairing it? It does look like a bug though.

5 minutes ago, hiemfire said:

Did you try repairing it? It does look like a bug though.

Repairing it doesn't seem to be an issue I wouldn't think.

1793856990_7DaysToDie2020-07-0512_08_03PM.thumb.png.c6971d32d125fde46e63994187a5b527.png

It seems that perhaps the game occasionally decides whether the wrench is modifiable or not... for whatever reason.

7 hours ago, beHypE said:

BTW if MP players want to ruin the progression of their friends by giving them iron/steel tools, let them do it? 

Progression isn't enjoyable when you've missed several sessions and are far behind your friends. Just give me that blue AK you were going to sell so I can use something other than my brown Hunting Rifle. Oh, and those shiny tools you don't need any more since you made an auger, thank you very much.

Just now, Lemmers said:

Progression isn't enjoyable when you've missed several sessions and are far behind your friends. Just give me that blue AK you were going to sell so I can use something other than my brown Hunting Rifle. Oh, and those shiny tools you don't need any more since you made an auger, thank you very much.

Hence why I don't do multiplayer, especially "unorganized multiplayer" (usually in the form of a server) where I log off for about a day and suddenly everyone is miles ahead of what we were before because there's always one or two people who play a lot more than others. Singleplayer for life, for me at least. 😛

Just now, MechanicalLens said:

Hence why I don't do multiplayer, especially "unorganized multiplayer" (usually in the form of a server) where I log off for about a day and suddenly everyone is miles ahead of what we were before because there's always one or two people who play a lot more than others. Singleplayer for life, for me at least. 😛

same! thats why when the junk drone comes out ill be talking to it!

49 minutes ago, Khalagar said:

Looks like the item has one too many possible options and can't display them all.

So as @hiemfire said, Repairing it to 100% should make the Repair UI option go away and make room for Modify to show.

Likewise in @MechanicalLens pic the wrench is already Equipped so that option isn't shown, so Modify is visible.

Just a guess.

Just looked at this is a18.4 there wasn't an "Equip" option in UI for either the Wrench or the Claw Hammer. There was for firearms, didn't look further.

If at 100% both items offered same options if in backpack or on toolbelt: Recipes, Scrap, Drop, Modify

If damaged then options were: Recipes, Repair, Scrap, Drop, Modify

50 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

same! thats why when the junk drone comes out ill be talking to it!

You talk to Wilson too?  I think he's got a thing for Sally, the vending machine he guards.

I hear them murmuring sweet nothings to each other at night...

49 minutes ago, MechanicalLens said:

I usually with my brother peer to peer coop, we only play when both if us are able to.   I know what you mean about servers, its not enjoyable for a variety of reasons.  

Just saying Multiplayer is a fun option if u have a partner and only play that saved game when both of you are on.

18 hours ago, DarlingCows said:

Madmole is it a bug if salvage Operations isn’t unlocking ratchet or impact driver at teirs 1-4? 

No, thou shall not craft any T2/3's without schematics.

5 hours ago, Jay_ombie said:

How does Blood moon and dying work again ? (day 14)

I died about 10 mins into BM re-spawned close on my bed but outside I found not a single zombie. I even went out way far from my base actually on a treasure quest (as you do - haha) whilst BM still was active but found no zombies anywhere to agro.

I don't know the exact rules, but if you really want more horde you can just relog in before 4am and it will start all over.

3 hours ago, Khalagar said:

2w1BzBE.jpg

I think that has been reported. Log out and log in should fix it.

Archived