Jump to content
madmole

Alpha 19 Dev Diary

Recommended Posts

I am still very satisfied with A19 but I'd like to address some minor things:

 

1) While I could play A18 on "ultra" settings without problems the same settings cause lags in A19 now. Had to shift down a gear on "high" settings which appears to be fine again.

 

2) Without any source of light like lamps or torches you could not see a single bit at night at A18. In A19 that is completely different and I think this is a change for the worse. No matter what time, it never gets pitch-dark. Even without any lamps you find your way. It was impossible to ride the bicycle at night with A18 as you couldn't even find the road. Right now it is always bright on standard settings, I don't like that.

 

1080123085_Anmerkung2020-07-04005636.thumb.jpg.fddd9a982b1aca1969b310428ac21c4d.jpg

 

3) I have once played on an A18 map where I ended up driving on endless roads without finding anything interesting. As this was a randomly created world I thought that was just bad luck. I have started on Navezgane with A19 now and I really dislike this map so far. Once again there are vast areas of nothing but roads. I have found three traders so far but only one smaller city and I have spent some ingame days sitting on my bicycle looking for a nice spot to build my base (near a bigger city and prefereable near a trader as well) but I couldn't find one yet.

 

874990064_Anmerkung2020-07-04005807.thumb.jpg.445a63b050e737931a398afe16505347.jpg

 

1145338986_Anmerkung2020-07-04005722.thumb.jpg.a8d86d51617830926840de6484da1d02.jpg

 

688231855_Anmerkung2020-07-04005743.thumb.jpg.141e0a6d53ec5f0f1ceca366ba445b81.jpg

 

Nothing but empty roads... not good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, meganoth said:

 

I hope you shut down the game BEFORE shutting down the PC.

 

 

Her? The old or the new one?

 

 

No! i leave it on all day and night. 

 

yes i did shut it down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I very much like the new night time lighting 

I don't live anywhere near a big city, in fact I am over 1000km away from traffic lights!

So when the sun goes down we get either stars or the moon and I have to tell you that you CAN see at night, not very well but it's not ink black.

We get a fairly long twilight and a long sunrise so again it is light before the sun rises and for a time after it sets.

 

I think the game has it pretty right with the new settings and I am really liking the look.

Not sure how many times I have nearly died because I am standing there admiring the bloody scenery and get attacked!

 

I am loving the fact that everything is important now.  We have chests slapped down everywhere because it's rare to throw anything away nowadays.

Yes we scrap a lot of stuff down but almost everything we pick up has a use.  That is awesome gameplay right there.

Books are a thing

Mining is a thing

Looting is a thing

Food is a thing

etc

 

The game feels really balanced and really feels and looks like it is in the home stretch towards Gold.

 

Much love to you all, Stay Safe, Stay Home, Stay Drunk!

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, wolfbain5 said:

are the piles of cement or cobblestone affected by any of the resource gathering perks?

That question interested me too, so I started a new game and made a test with miner69 at 0 and at 5. And yes, with full miner69 I needed only 2 instead of 4 hits to shovel off a cement pile.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gobarg said:

I very much like the new night time lighting 

I don't live anywhere near a big city, in fact I am over 1000km away from traffic lights!

So when the sun goes down we get either stars or the moon and I have to tell you that you CAN see at night, not very well but it's not ink black.

We get a fairly long twilight and a long sunrise so again it is light before the sun rises and for a time after it sets.

 

I think the game has it pretty right with the new settings and I am really liking the look.

Not sure how many times I have nearly died because I am standing there admiring the bloody scenery and get attacked!

 

I am loving the fact that everything is important now.  We have chests slapped down everywhere because it's rare to throw anything away nowadays.

Yes we scrap a lot of stuff down but almost everything we pick up has a use.  That is awesome gameplay right there.

Books are a thing

Mining is a thing

Looting is a thing

Food is a thing

etc

 

The game feels really balanced and really feels and looks like it is in the home stretch towards Gold.

 

Much love to you all, Stay Safe, Stay Home, Stay Drunk!

agree 100% but there is one thing that kinda makes me go. "Why?"

 

Impact drivers use stamina! like what? so a heavy chainsaw does not drain stamina but the Small Impact diver? oh man thats a work out!

 

 

Aside from that I LOVE salvage tools! kinda sad that i did not find a Ratchet before i crafted a Impact diver.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Trankitas said:

The guy that designed her model was inspired in his wife and his wife is human I assume so...yeah.

heh heh, I think Trankitas is unintentionally trolling @SnowDog1942 with this one :biggrin1:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Trekkan said:

Is there anything that can be done to dynamically adjust the game time progression?

 

As an example, we have maybe 10 or so players that play on the server.  One or 2 of them play off hours from the rest.  When either group logs in, there could be several days have passed (sometimes a week or more if we have a player going nuts).  Sure, we could tell them "don't play this great game so much!", but... not really what we want to do.

 

It would be nice if we could set something so that if the game time progression was slower the fewer people that were online, etc.

What would be the purpose? Days don't really advance your GS much so?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Using impact tools in my experience cause a great deal of fatigue.

Try using any vibratory tool for a length of time.

They are also usually heavy bloody things so... yeah... stamina usage sounds about right for them to me

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, wolfbain5 said:

are the piles of cement or cobblestone affected by any of the resource gathering perks?

They should be. Harvesting is harvesting.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gobarg said:

Using impact tools in my experience cause a great deal of fatigue.

Try using any vibratory tool for a length of time.

They are also usually heavy bloody things so... yeah... stamina usage sounds about right for them to me

 

eh i guess that makes sense!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bobross said:

Have you done MP A19 Horde Night yet? We haven't. We've had Feral Wights and Cops on Day 7, Radiateds on Day 14, and Demolishers in quantity on Day 21 in A18. Sure they've nerfed the MP horde nights. I don't buy it until we've experienced it, repeatedly.

We changed the formula so that won't happen now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who would have ever thought that we would learn to love the friggin Blunderbuss?!?

Or view a level 1 Double Barrel Shotgun as the find of the year?!?

Ah Fun Pimps... you're just taking the piss now lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Trankitas said:

The guy that designed her model was inspired in his wife and his wife is human I assume so...yeah.

Well I have a red-headed Czech wife with a fair cup size too, but I mean... Honestly the new Jen is just really distracting lol. The old model looked modest, conventionally pretty and attractively curvy. The new one looks like she got implants. I like the Asian aspect to her and we could use a black trader too for the hell of it, inclusivity and what not, but the implants... It's those tits, it just seems blown way out of proportion. You can reduce the cup size and actually add to Jen's attractiveness through the reduction, in my opinion. I hated it when Scarlett Johanssen got the breast reduction, I like big tits too, but Jens just look massive and I appreciated her prior, more modest look. But now the pieces are coming together and I'm beginning to understand... His wife is the one who advertised that 7 Days to Die T-Shirt, isn't she? Lol mega bust indeed, got a few cups up on my wife. But it just feels like a self-insert for Jen takes away from Jen as a potential character, the game can indeed be too booze and boobs. We have Miner 69er which makes us cringe at the thought of 69ing a minor, we also have that store called carpet munchers, and there's tons of other sexual references in the game. It just feels like Jen doesn't have to be one of them, I enjoyed her more professional appearance prior to Alpha 19

Edited by Trunks_Budo (see edit history)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, madmole said:

What would be the purpose? Days don't really advance your GS much so?

Lol yeah and when you see Youtubers just advancing the days to 70 to test their creations you must just piss yourself laughing mate. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Gobarg said:

Who would have ever thought that we would learn to love the friggin Blunderbuss?!?

Or view a level 1 Double Barrel Shotgun as the find of the year?!?

Ah Fun Pimps... you're just taking the piss now lol

YES! I love the Blunderbuss now, it's actually epic. Walk up to the chest and BOOM! 1 hit kill to any basic male or female zombie on Nomad. If it's a big zombie with a larger health pool, aim for the head, and you can take them out with one shot too.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Gobarg said:

Who would have ever thought that we would learn to love the friggin Blunderbuss?!?

Or view a level 1 Double Barrel Shotgun as the find of the year?!?

Ah Fun Pimps... you're just taking the piss now lol

I knew we would. Its all relevant... so lets see fists, or blunderbuss? Alright, I think I'll go with this blunderbuss. I even cheapened the GP to 2 so you can make plenty of ammo.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, madmole said:

I knew we would. Its all relevant... so lets see fists, or blunderbuss? Alright, I think I'll go with this blunderbuss. I even cheapened the GP to 2 so you can make plenty of ammo.

Trust you mob to make me like it though... dammit man it's embarrassing! ;)

Oh and you REALLY know you are carrying a sniper rifle these days! It's MASSIVE. 

AHHH so much to love about this game Madmole.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I never thought I would say this, but I've now had to unfortunately retire the blunderbuss. 😕 It was a blast, but it wouldn't have made a dent last horde night, and now that I'm starting to get ferals in POI's...

 

I'm debating whether to craft a T5 pump shotgun or not. It would help me immensely on horde nights, but it would break progression quite a bit...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Gobarg said:

Who would have ever thought that we would learn to love the friggin Blunderbuss?!?

Or view a level 1 Double Barrel Shotgun as the find of the year?!?

Ah Fun Pimps... you're just taking the piss now lol

Yeah, I have been wanting the devs to make us love all of the crappy gear they spent time putting into the game (at least for the beginning of the game anyway) not much point having it in there otherwise.

 

I often make my player specialize in the first weapon class he finds, so it'll be interesting to see how it pans out after a few playthroughs, as things are certainly pointing strongly towards the shotgun/sledge/knuckles in the early game atm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MechanicalLens said:

I never thought I would say this, but I've now had to unfortunately retire the blunderbuss. 😕 It was a blast, but it wouldn't have made a dent last horde night, and now that I'm starting to get ferals in POI's...

 

I'm debating whether to craft a T5 pump shotgun or not. It would help me immensely on horde nights, but it would break progression quite a bit...

You are debating???

ok... run outside and let a few ferals beat some sense into you man!

And make me one while your at it. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Gobarg said:

You are debating???

ok... run outside and let a few ferals beat some sense into you man!

And make me one while your at it. ;)

Yes. Debating. Questioning. Clenching my left hand into a fist and looking up at the sky and demanding for answers. Should I? To craft or not to craft? 😜

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, MechanicalLens said:

I never thought I would say this, but I've now had to unfortunately retire the blunderbuss. 😕 It was a blast, but it wouldn't have made a dent last horde night, and now that I'm starting to get ferals in POI's...

 

I'm debating whether to craft a T5 pump shotgun or not. It would help me immensely on horde nights, but it would break progression quite a bit...

i still use mine!

 

in the bloodmoon! its cheap! and i modded it out!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah... the sigh that you hear from your COOP partner, who has gone stealth, as you walk past and start blasting away with the "Buss"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gobarg said:

Ah... the sigh that you hear from your COOP partner, who has gone stealth, as you walk past and start blasting away with the "Buss"

i don't know how that feels. hHAHahhaahhaha *Sniffle*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tech question on Blunderbuss & Shotguns.

 

How does the ray-cast pellet spread work exactly?

 

Do all pellets start clumped together at the barrels end, or do they start already spread out to the ray-cast number?

I.e. do they expand outward from centreline as they travel away from gun or not?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...