Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

39 minutes ago, Kosmic Kerman said:

It's in the patch notes which can be found here:https://7daystodie.com/a19-official-release-notes/. The top part of the notes explains the major changes. Give it a read.

Here's an excerpt on leveled loot: 

• Tech 0 (GS 1-11) – Primitive tools, weapons and armor including a bow and the blunderbuss.
  • Tech 1 (GS 12) – Iron or similar melee items and armor and and the first proper firearms like a pistol or double barrel shotgun.
  • Tech 2 (GS 50) – The best melee items, bows and armor and mid range firearms like a pump-action shotgun.
  • Tech 3 (GS 91) – The most advanced firearms like an M60 or the Sniper Rifle

Thank you good sir! Can't wait until the full update comes out. Pesky terrain generation glitches...thats the game right? not my gpu?

5 minutes ago, Jay_ombie said:

I doubt this is intentional and saw this behaviour in A18.

20200702192014-1.jpg

Doors that are flagged as locked/act locked but are visually open in the POI....

Which means you can't close them. That could be intentional or not. Depends on what the designer had in mind.

1 minute ago, CholulaSouls said:

Thank you good sir! Can't wait until the full update comes out. Pesky terrain generation glitches...thats the game right? not my gpu?

That depends. Post a screenshot.

10 minutes ago, Perlin_Worm said:

Sprained leg was 10 minutes. Wow, 45 minutes to heal a broken leg? That does seem a bit extreme.

I think its 45 min if u dont treat it....considering it takes weeks to heal a broken leg irl it's not immersion breaking...

...also encourages player to be more careful and/or perk into parkour.

10 minutes ago, hiemfire said:

If the "streamers" I've seen are any sort of reasonable sample size of the portion of the player base that play with blood moon horde nights turned on, "forcing" them to not sprint constantly is going to be a bit rage inducing.

Sound be great entertainment to watch....😂

4 hours ago, MajorMunchy said:

• Tools use? TFP explain this, why does a wrench in which you PHYSICALLY move, cost MORE stamina...then a Impact Driver you PRESS a BUTTON...
Ex - lvl 2 wrench = 45 harvest dmg and 20 stamina vs lvl 1 impact 66 harvest dmg and 26 stamina. Yes it harvests more, but i believe and think many will agree, make the recipe for a impact have a battery in it and make it used like the auger? 

My biggest disappointment with the Impact Driver is that it doesn't harvest like an auger/chainsaw. It would be so satisfying if it was low damage & fast hits. My second biggest disappointment is that it somehow uses stamina. They really should have a battery fuel system for it and the nail gun.

@madmole

A19 is awesome, it's the best alpha yet. Graphics is great, performance is the best in years, content is plentiful, skills, perks, weapons, mods, quests.. there is so much to do! Great Job :) Furthermore there is someting this alpha has that none before had: it feels polished, many systems feel mature and great.

I think there are a few things that would be nice qol improvements:

1. being able to zoom out more in the map
  2. a key to dump all objects in a container if an object of the same type is already in the container

Also I am sure you don't care, but I'll say anyway: I love sledgehammers but hate shotguns, they shouldn't be coupled. The current system penalizes players who like weapons from different classes and facilitates players who like everything from a single class.

Just some feedback, great job anyway! Keep it up! In TFP we trust is back again!

3 hours ago, PoloPoPo said:

Thank you but the only thing that is linked there for me is "Updating to Alpha 19 instructions". Bug report forum should be accessible via link from "home" landing page and not via direct link only.

Moreover, that means my topic in the "old" bug report forum from yesterday does not exist anymore? Oh well... not gonna take those screenshots again.

He means that the bar at the top of this thread has the link to the bug report forum. I will add the link to the Updating to Alpha 19 instructions announcement as well.

Also, the old bug reporting forum has simply been hidden from view and not deleted so your topic is not gone and the QA team can still benefit from your screenshots and there is no need for you to do them again. 

Thanks for both your A19 and forum feedback. :) 

29 minutes ago, Roland said:

He means that the bar at the top of this thread has the link to the bug report forum. I will add the link to the Updating to Alpha 19 instructions announcement as well.

Also, the old bug reporting forum has simply been hidden from view and not deleted so your topic is not gone and the QA team can still benefit from your screenshots and there is no need for you to do them again. 

Thanks for both your A19 and forum feedback. :) 

Will those bugs from the old section be transferred to the new database? Or are they internally acknowledged AKA "we might not give a rat's tail about them because we have a lot on our hands right now" ?

13 hours ago, Matt 1977 said:

@faatal

But what happened to fixing bases that are built above doors , that when the door is open the ai doesn't target the doors and just wonders around?

Doors look like the same issue as using edge poles. They don't get attacked because the AI can walk through them. Added to my todo list.

2 hours ago, MechanicalLens said:

That's been a thing for years, including newer POI's. Doggos is one such example. Definitely intentional.

Seems odd, for a door to not close. I mean whats stopping it ? - I think it shouldn't be there then if its meant to be broken or laying on the ground at least.

Hey Joel (AKA Madmole),

Are we going to see a video of your gameplay, like fighting on horde night, or maybe showing off your newest base.

I'd love to see that. The older base was nice by the way. Your castle type designs are really cool!

Also, any word on the next new zombie to show up in A19? Is it almost ready for prime time?

Keep up the nice work... Alpha 19 is the best and will bring those positive Steam reviews even higher than Alpha 18 did.

This game has defiantly leveled up with Alien Isolation as one of my best horror games.

Loving the dead bodies about, and the feeling the POI have with whats happened..

Also noticing these, can I use them as pictures in my own POI ? (tried taking one yet destroyed it)

20200702231250-1.jpg

Just watched Reach Gaming vid testing a few bases, wedge tips for walls, fall path, hatches+tunnel, etc.  https://youtu.be/FYmgzwAJVac

Really nice job on the AI changes @faatal , zombie behaviour looks quite realistic with some zs milling about &/or slipping back down on wedge walls, a few falling off wedgetip paths, some saying, oh h3ll no to longer paths and just going after support columns, etc.

And the dirty birds going after the blocks above the player even if blocks are solid, yay! No more limiting z spawns due to a half dozen high flying, untouchable by turret birds. :)

---

@Kosmic Kerman , agree with you re getting enough mats to build early bm base. Good point Builder v Miner, I'm SP only so tend to forget the ability to split the two in MP, heh. Also, to clarify (sry again for the mess of a post) I'm not totally against needing to spend points in order to become a 'good' miner, or even 'builder' for that matter. And you're right about the early cost of 1 point each into mining perks and sex-rex; don't have to perk into Str tree itself for them. It's that later on, to improve mining skills, you do have to buy the Str tree. That part, as always solo miner/builder, has gotten confining, at least to me. So personally I'd like to see Mining be on it's own, and even a distinct Hunting tree/glob-o-perks. Simple example, rw deer hunters can choose bows, handguns, shotguns or rifles. Some states even have special days for black powder.

On the general stamina bit, I failed to distinctly bring up boredom. Very early game there's little to do at night for those hunkering down. Mining has always been the go-to middle of night activity. If stamina burn rate is high, like a17 exp was, then you take a few wacks, wait to regen stamina, take a few more, wait, do that 5 times to break a single block. Nothing else to do so it's quickly tedious and boring. Sure, it's a choice. Can be brave and go out in the pitch black w a torch and loot I guess? Just seems counter productive to, in effect, discourage early game mining. Especially when there are several other ways to insure it doesn't become overpowered or result in too rapid progression.

I like that idea of some kind of looting perk that also affected gathering poi materials @meganoth , helpful in SP for those who prefer to take over and remodel/reinforce POIs, and would be useful in MP for when the miner stays back home.

Edit: from vid looks like TnT is quite powerful against blocks now (never tested this before so new to me). So got me thinking, maybe in future could be possible to use 1/2 or 1/4 sticks to selectively destroy one or two blocks?

Thinking of when folks take over a poi early on and need to destroy a few concrete stair blocks, seems like judicious use of TnT would be ideal, and fun to boot :)

8 minutes ago, Jay_ombie said:

This game has defiantly leveled up with Alien Isolation as one of my best horror games.

Loving the dead bodies about, and the feeling the POI have with whats happened..

Also noticing these, can I use them as pictures in my own POI ? (tried taking one yet destroyed it)

20200702231250-1.jpg

That's cool because 7 Days to Die and Alien Isolation are my two favorite games of all time.

Being a huge Alien fan, I upgraded my computer so I could play Alien Isolation with the best graphics (I pre-ordered the game on Steam before release).

After playing, and totally loving Alien Isolation, I started looking for another game to play; I stumbled on 7 Days to Die by looking through Steam games... The rest, as they say, is history.

Two very different games, but my two favorites for sure.

On 7/1/2020 at 2:04 PM, Roland said:

If reading duplicate schematics could increase the quality tier at which you could craft it that could help. If I find and read 3 schematics on crafting a pistol and can therefore craft yellow quality pistols even though I never perked into pistols that would open up crafting a bit. On MP servers people might start trading schematics more to get their levels up on crafting.

That is not a bad idea. I've been annoyed at how I spec into mining, shotguns and clubs and I'm pretty much crafting blue the first time I even try. That ability to craft blue so quickly pretty much kills a big chunk of progression.

On 7/1/2020 at 5:32 PM, Adam the Waster said:

i agree!

Iron tools take WAY to much stamina, the Axe i can understand but the shovel and Pick? no but it should be more then the Stone tools, it was annoying to mine metal because i had to take a break every 5 seconds!

and with the Cement! i like the idea of another way to get cement but IMO its way to easy! hell most people get cement from POIS

now if maybe it gave some Raw cement and rocks but mostly gives sand! it makes sense, some if not most bags would be old!

Intended use is to eat a hearty meal,  chase with coffee and then get to work.

17 hours ago, Khalagar said:

Just noticed a typo on the loading screen

NT2PFDe.png

Someone's finger slipped while typing and they accidentally told new players one of the objectively best melee weapons in the game is not good for killing zombies. Might want to get a hotfix out for that one

I wrote that tip. Its true. DPS is poor on the fire axe is less than about every other melee weapon. It isn't useless, but if you are looking for DPS there are much better choices.

9 hours ago, FileMachete said:

There's been a fair bit of drama around here during the night. Sirens, lights and such. No sleep for me so the following is a mess. Reader beware heh.

That's a nice clear way of putting it, imo, and I agree.

While of course I have no idea what TFPs ultimate ideal stamina balance is, it's clear that whatever balance is found during the closed phase of recent new alpha coding and testing, stamina winds up being more punishing on release than where it winds up after it's been stable for a point release or so.

I expect I'm missing something in the overall, but these bits combined confuse me somewhat;

1) All Tools and Weapons have individual stamina costs. Obvious yes. Allows for Sledges to have very high cost vs a knife.

2) Player gathered materials, wood, stone, ores, etc., are basically worthless to sell to traders.

3) Zombie block damage is higher than it was (a16) so Wood or Flagstone horde bases are not really a viable option.

Assuming no exploits, player defended w low tech weapons, and not spending majority of week cutting wood for a vast spike field. I have watched MechanicalLens' first horde night vid, 7x7 solid cobblestone tower with bar overhangs, and zeds didn't break even one block. Mech had a number of pipebombs & molotovs and a T1 double barrel & T1 Pistol (not used) plus a number of zeds focused on the jump-gap access structure that allowed for some nice clustered pipebomb shots. And obviously Mech's a veteran player.

4) Point of 3 is that Cobblestone is bare minimum, and I'll cheery pick a couple bits from MMs recent post about his current game;

"I'm on day 12, another shotgun build. I have my 7x7 tower with r concrete up 4 layers and iron bars are almost finished"

<<I'm guessing he's forged a fair bit of Iron for Bars: takes 530 Iron Ingots for a single wide wrap of a 7x7>>

"I already made over 4k concrete mix all from loot!"

4a) Between getting enough iron (6000?) for several hundred ingots (assumption), and shoveling all the blue bags for Cobblestone (assumption, could be building w wet concrete), and shoveling all that POI bagged cement, plus either scrapping POI cobblestone for 4000 stone or mining it (I think he mentioned he hasn't done any stone mining?) also needed 4000 sand to make 4k concrete mix.

Could also be having good luck at Trader and buying most/all? cobblestone used. 1000 Cobblestone scraps down to 750 Stone but maybe it's more abundant in A19?

4b) Sry, got sidetracked with particulars. Point is MM has done a fair bit of at least shovel work. And he mentions how good the shotgun is, "once you get STR up there", so the stamina/food/drink cost may not be a major issue with a Strength build. Or could be his knowledge of what to drink & eat, and when, etc.

5) Regardless of character build template, they all need to be able to fight the horde, and have a chance to survive, during blood moons.

Even 'crazy' templates shouldn't result in guaranteed bm failure. Keep in mind recent discussions of being able to pick up and use any weapon.

6) Could easily disconnect 'mining' centric perks from Strength into their own tree, or into stand alone bits. Sure they make sense under Strength, but"Gameplay trumps realism".

7) The Building aspect of 7dtd seems to be a significant attraction for new players. I know building and a voxel world were the two biggest initial draws for me.

8.) Current meta of just using up a POI for a horde night base, while valid, doesn't seem like a thing to be encouraged, at least to me. So, (again my opinion) it would seem to be beneficial to support players building their own horde night bases.

9) Honest question: What's the downside if a player gathers a bunch of materials early game? Other than Flag/Cobble there's nothing you can do with them without the workstations. Along with crafting times there's also the Heat Map mechanic available to temper workstation useage.

For oldtimers think back a couple few alphas. How many working stations were in the average world? Wrenches? How long till you had/found a Forge, Workbench & a Mixer? Much less a Minibike? Or a dang Mining Helmet (argh!..)?

Downside 1) break many blocks, make mucho xp. fix=lower xp gained from breaking blocks

Downside 2) players can break into safes too easily.  really...? anyone using a stone axe to crack a 5000 hp safe would chew it open if that's all they had :)

Downside 3) players won't burn through all their food.  ..kinda got me there. can't recall what the food burn is in 18.4 for an all night pickaxe mining session. will say the food consumption for a 'normal' day out looting is pretty low, but I'm all guns, drugs (healing) & motorcycle.

Anyway. I'm not saying that day 1 we should be able to pick up any shovel/pick and just endlessly swing.

Don't want it to take 50 swings of a stoneaxe to break a 500 hp stone block, and exhaust stamina every 4 swings either.

Final bit: I'd prefer to see things balanced to fit TFPs goals food usage goals that also supported 'builders' _not_ spec'ing so heavily into Strength.

I don't have any issues with stamina. Stone tools don't use much. I always eat a stamina fortifying food before I mine and drink coffee. The +10 to 40 stamina plus the +30-35% stamina regen equates to endless (or nearly so) mining with everything but steel tools. There are mods that reduce stamina use in tools.

I typically build with wood. For a few alphas I built with cobblestone but screw digging except for dig quests. This way I get more xp for upgrading my frame to wood and then my wood to reinforced wood, and then another round of xp upgrading to brick, where with cobble you get 1 upgrade to brick. I get my cobble from the blue tarps and quit crafting it. I mine at night and the stone piles up if you aren't wasting it on cobblestone. All I mine is coal and nitrate, I get enough iron from wrenching cars usually. I use wooden bars, I don't upgrade them to iron until about day 28-35 because I just don't have enough iron. Wood is fine, I've never had a problem with them breaking. They get some cracks but never break.

The downside to gathering a bunch of materials early game is you aren't very efficient at it. I just shovel the pois up mainly, mine at night and pump points into miner69r, clubs, shotguns equally, but miner first and foremost, and try to get 2-3 ranks in by the end of day 1.

I play with 24 alive and on warrior and its too easy for me. I did get wrecked on day 14, all I had was one iron door and they managed to get through and climbed my ladder onto my bar loft and I had too many crits from vultures to run so I went down. On day 21 I built an airlock (2 doors in a row) and managed to upgrade the outer one to vault, it only had 1k hit points left by the end of the horde, but I cleared every zed before 1am with my shotgun. The only reason they killed me was I disrespected their abilities and worked on my medieval house down the road all week and did only a half day prep for the horde and didn't add that 2nd door or get enough steel to make a vault door.

BTW I don't use wood spikes at all any more, they steal my XP. I just shoot straight down from my perch above my door into their heads with a double barrel, so far its quite effective.

6 hours ago, bjurney said:

We had our first horde night in A19 and it ended in less than an hour and a half. In past alphas this was how it was when you killed enough zombies but in A18 they would come all night long. Are there supposed to be a finite amount of zombies or is it a bug or was A18 a bug?

It hasn't changed, in a18 you could clear out the horde night. We adjust game stage for multiplayer so its not so harsh, which also means quicker ending hordes. They will last all night eventually.

Hey guys! Been lurking for around 4-6 years, can`t remember anymore, and fighting the urge to post here for every heated discussion since AI swiss cheese(which was great btw), goreblocks, crafting molds, lbd etc.,  but I think it`s time to step out and share my experience and thoughts.

First, I would like to say thanks to The Fun Pimps for this amazing game, their devotion to it and fantastic engagement with  community, overall best game I have played and it gets better with each update.

Now for A19, short answer - I`m LOVING it! Long answer and some thoughts in spoiler, so I won`t clutter forum.

Spoiler

Loading screens are so beautiful! They make me want to get in-game asap and the tool-tips are great for new players as only few read Journal (btw, nice job Gazz, they explain the game remarkably!)

Visually game looks stunning and I really like the loot progression. So far I haven` t gotten to the "late game" as I had to restart game multiple times, highest GS was 55, I think.. still felt like stone age with only good item being handmade Q5 knife and stuck with Q4 primitive bow.

The joy of finding Q6 stone axe and Q5 stone shovel.. priceless, never had that excitement of progression in previous alphas, not to mention other items and books/schematics. 

Worth mentioning is that I am playing with self-made rule to not "abuse" traders as they are not properly balanced yet, so I`m not allowed to buy anything that has Quality - tools,weapons,armor. That also includes rewards for quests, also no full vehicles and ammo rewards as they come in max stacks. Makes the new leveled loot and game much more balanced and enjoyable for me.

I`m playing with my brother and we started A19 on default settings but after day 7 had to crank it up and start over as it became very boring, adjusted everything so we can get the thrill out of zombies being a threat again, so our settings changed to Survivalist, 40min days, bm every 2 days with 2day range for randomness(warning off), zombie speed - daytime jog and everything else on nightmare, delete all on death, loot respawn off and bm zombie count 64. Initially we had put loot abundance on 50% as we have always played on 25% in A18 and before, but with the new leveled loot system it was just too much.

The food/water finally feels right, we are constantly looking for animals and chasing those damn rabbits until our stamina is gone and we realize we are in deeper hole than we were before chasing those little fkers, but the risk/reward was worth trying. Food is an issue for us, even water is problematic as we don` t have time to run to river and spend precious time boiling it in campfire. It feels very polished and right as you always manage to get just enough food to get you by, but the next day or two you need to go loot some buildings for more. 

New candy is nice addition, liking the buffs it gives and food slots it took away. Still not sure about the price, 100$ seems very cheap for them comparing to learnin` elixir or other recipes that we can cook ourselves and their cost. Maybe 500$ or even 1k$  would be adequate.

Loving the new ISS, definitely better system than before!

I have read some complains about you needing to carry all "cures" at all time, therefore making inventory management a nightmare, but for me it` s not a problem.. I always have a bandage to stop bleeding and pain killers for "quick hp", so that` s 2 on me regardless of situation and the system is not as bad where you should cure it immediately, just like infection, who cares if you are at 10%.. you still got some time. 

Although broken leg is pain in the butt, I think the time it takes you to heal should be reduced. I like the system and precautions you need to take as in not jumping/sprinting while curing the leg, but the time.. it should feel like a nuisance and "ah ***, my bad, alright" not rage inducing and wanting to give up on game. I was going through a POI and zombie jumped out of closet scaring me, fun times... anyway, fighting the ugly mofo I backtracked and felt down from top floor to the basement, @%$*#! happens, but now I`m left with broken leg for 2h. Crafted a splint and treated it, so it went from 2h to 30min.. now, in A18 it was all good as you had penalty to movement speed and jump height, but you can wait it out unlike now where I can`t jump/sprint for 30 real time minutes without damaging it more. I was considering alt-tabing out of the game just to pass that time as I couldn`t do anything in-game. Read some people only having it for 10min, now that would be reasonable time.. 15min is fine, but 30,45 is a bit extreme imo.

Still some multiplayer issues as zombies not reacting to hits properly and spear being completely unusable for players not hosting as it lags too much, had to restart 1 game because brother had perked into perception tree, but it`s just unplayable at this time. I have no doubt it will be fixed. 

Regarding tool stamina usage and quoting MechanicalLens - another spoiler for same reason.

Spoiler
15 hours ago, MechanicalLens said:

Here's one idea I propose. One of us (I'm offering but it's your choice whether or not to follow in my footsteps here) could go into a creative test world, spawn in some blackstrap coffee, a super filling food, some ergonomic grips, attach them to all the 6 iron/steel tool varients (pickaxe, axe, and shovel), giveXP to perk into 4/4 Sex Rex, and find out what happens. Do we still lose stamina by that point, even with everything maxed out, or can we use both without any issues if we meet all the requirements.

It all depends on TFP's vision here. Either they want us to go deep into the Strength tree to overcome stamina drainage, or if they want it to be a permanent issue no matter how many perks you have. I will perform the test above because, what is as important as the advocacy of balance, is the delivery, and if we are not in the know of what end-game is like, then that delivery loses weight.

I did some testing as level 1 character with various tools without any perks or buffs and here are my results.
I tried to break down concrete block (2500 HP) and timed it (min) with each tool, I used my phones stopwatch for timing so milliseconds are probably inaccurate.

Quality\Tool Stone Axe Iron Pickaxe Steel Pickaxe
1 2:47:81 2:96:56 1:27:13
4 1:36:92 1:47:75 1:22:08
6 1:23:47 1:12:45 00:55:28

You can check tool stats below (damage to blocks - stamina per swing)

Spoiler
Quality\Tool Stone Axe Iron Pickaxe Steel Pickaxe
1 21dmg - 8/s 37dmg - 18/s 65dmg - 26/s
4 27dmg - 8/s 43dmg - 19/s 76dmg - 27/s
6 32dmg - 8/s 53dmg - 19/s 95dmg - 25/s

These quality tools range were non-existent or minimal, at least for me when i tried to get random stats. I wanted to try other Quality tools also, but they varied in range so much that it` s impossible to get any data, some tools had +/- 10dmg on same Q. 

As for results themselves you can see that the range from Q1 stone axe to Q1 Steel Pickaxe is quite nice and noticeable, but Iron Pickaxe is meh.. waiting for stamina to get back in-between hits is more tedious than saving those extra few seconds. Q4 StoneAxe was better than Q4 Iron Pickaxe, how is that possible as Iron is considered T2 tool?

Granted that you gain more stamina with levels and nice foods, but you should never spend a single point in any perk just to make weapon/tool available.

Imagine M60 being worse than Ak-47 or Machete worse than bone knife unless you perk into right attributes.. that` s poor balance. T1<T2<T3 for everything, right?

Worth mentioning that adding mods increase damage to blocks gradually, so T1 gets +1, T2 - +3, but T3 - +6 per mod.

I think reducing Iron and Steel tool stamina usage would be great, but that` s up to Gazz and TFP, either way I`m not complaining, just found it curious to test it myself.

Traders specializations

Is this system in A19? I thought the theme thing for their inventory would be much more noticeable. For me there is no real change from previous alphas as Trader Jen who is supposed to be a medicine trader is selling 1 blood bag and 2 bandages... I was hoping for more. ATM every trader is jack of all trades. I`m hoping that it will get balanced and changed in A20 with upcoming traders leveled loot. personally I would like to see traders selling only their theme specific items, not everything.. So Jen would sell medicine and it`s related items.. some herbs. All traders could still sell generic decorative items, but for every trader selling everything.. breaks the immersion and I`m afraid people getting used to getting easy access to everything will result in large upraise and crying if they nerf it.. same as nerfing vehicle speed after people are used to driving max-speed.

Weapon auto-reload

Why was this removed? I could understand it being removed when you were stuck in animation, but now that you can switch and cancel animations having manually reload weapon is such a pain regarding X-bow and hunting rifle. Thankfully bow is still reloading automatically, hope that` s not a "bug".

For some folks having performance issues, i would recommend turning "Terrain Quality" to "lowest", it gives huge performance boost, in some cases 40-80fps and doesn`t look that bad.. I have everything turned on Ultra+, but in hilly area fps can drop from 60-80fps down to 15-30... by turning Terrain Quality to Lowest I easily get back to 70-110+ in those areas, playing on 1440p.

If anyone made it through this mess, thanks for reading and I forgot to say big thanks to you guys for being mature and keeping things civil in this forum.

5 hours ago, MechanicalLens said:

*Sits in the back of the room whistling all innocent like and twiddling my thumbs, not knowing what critical hits are like since I've yet to experience once since I'm so awesome at this game* 😜

When it rains it pours.

4 hours ago, Perlin_Worm said:

Sprained leg was 10 minutes. Wow, 45 minutes to heal a broken leg? That does seem a bit extreme.

Depends if you cast it or splint it, and if you are running on it. Running and jumping delay healing (watch the timer flash). 45 minutes is less than a game day. Should be 90 minutes IMO. We'll be adding an option that death doesn't clear your crits or hunger so this game is actually a challenge. I hate how death steals my crits away, I want to use my meds I have stocked up not get a free pass.

4 hours ago, Laz Man said:

I think its 45 min if u dont treat it....considering it takes weeks to heal a broken leg irl it's not immersion breaking...

...also encourages player to be more careful and/or perk into parkour.

Sound be great entertainment to watch....😂

I've got the impact mod in my boots and 5k dukes on my guy because I have the book perk for adrenaline falling. I was jumping down off of 12 plus meter roofs last night :) I have hay bales for when I get to the taller parts.

4 hours ago, Ranzera said:

My biggest disappointment with the Impact Driver is that it doesn't harvest like an auger/chainsaw. It would be so satisfying if it was low damage & fast hits. My second biggest disappointment is that it somehow uses stamina. They really should have a battery fuel system for it and the nail gun.

I haven't really got to it yet, but if it feels off I will make some changes. It shouldn't really suck any SERIOUS stamina since its a powered tool. We will be adding stamina drain though to augers/chainsaws at some point, that is pretty hard work.

1 hour ago, Space4Ace said:

Hey Joel (AKA Madmole),

Are we going to see a video of your gameplay, like fighting on horde night, or maybe showing off your newest base.

I'd love to see that. The older base was nice by the way. Your castle type designs are really cool!

Also, any word on the next new zombie to show up in A19? Is it almost ready for prime time?

Keep up the nice work... Alpha 19 is the best and will bring those positive Steam reviews even higher than Alpha 18 did.

I don't know about game play videos, we will see. I do plan on making some more base tour videos, this medieval house actually is turning out really cool, but it takes so long to build epic things in 7 days if you aren't cheating anyway. Might be a while yet :) I discovered the incline shape that makes rooves take way less space and the half eaves. I had to cheat some pieces in, I want to get them moved to the helper blocks soon so players can use them and make cool stuff.

42 minutes ago, madmole said:

Intended use is to eat a hearty meal,  chase with coffee and then get to work.

i would love to Find good food but i can't find a nice about of meat! but im kinda happy about that! gives me a bit of a challenge!

At least i got a ton of water in my Old trailer home so thats something! 

• Roland locked this topic
  • Roland unlocked this topic
  • Roland locked and unpinned this topic

Archived