Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

8 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

Ready to laugh?

AMD FX(IM)-9350 SIX-CORE PROCESSOR 3.90 GHz

RAM: 8.00GB

System type: 64-BIT OPERATING SYSTEM x64 base porcessor 

( i don't know if its safe to put device and produce ID)  

You forgotted the most important part/spec: your graphics card.

41 minutes ago, MajorMunchy said:

i dont liek the bug so far where the junk turrets/sledge (from what ive seen) dont get mod perks when they are on the ground ONLY when you are holding them. Is taht intended? also WHY cant i put burning shaft on my stun baton. legit only thing that made is fun to use it IS a long shaft 

Whoa whoa whoa, the bug applies to Junk Turret too? That's super serious as literally nobody uses Junk Turret in handheld mode. I'd heard the Sledge wasn't making use of mods in placement mode, but if Junk Turret is affected too that would cripple it pretty hard. Junk Turret is already a T2 competing against every other class having T3's, mods are a huge part of it's damage.

Will need to do some testing on this later, hopefully it's fixed soon if true

6 minutes ago, Roland said:

He wanted us to laugh. not cry.

is it to much to ask for both? heck i do it all the time. hhahahahaha

9 minutes ago, Mechanimal said:

You forgotted the most important part/spec: your graphics card.

Geforce GTX 750

Total memory 5111 MB

Video memory 1024 MB

system video memory. 0MB

Shard system memory 4078 

3 hours ago, madmole said:

Leveled books are coming so you guys won't be finding crucibles or tier 3 schematics on day 1, that should help a bit with the "game over" feeling when you totally luck out, and we can weed out the "1 pocket" stuff or diminish its chance a bit later game so you have a better chance of getting something good since there is a less chance of getting something crappy ish.

Nice!!! Good news. Every book store we were hitting up are just giving us everything lol, now I don't have to go through them and get detailed data since you said you had plans :)

45 minutes ago, MajorMunchy said:

i dont liek the bug so far where the junk turrets/sledge (from what ive seen) dont get mod perks when they are on the ground ONLY when you are holding them. Is taht intended? also WHY cant i put burning shaft on my stun baton. legit only thing that made is fun to use it IS a long shaft 

If your shaft is burning you might want to have that looked at 😛

10 minutes ago, Khalagar said:

Whoa whoa whoa, the bug applies to Junk Turret too? That's super serious as literally nobody uses Junk Turret in handheld mode. I'd heard the Sledge wasn't making use of mods in placement mode, but if Junk Turret is affected too that would cripple it pretty hard. Junk Turret is already a T2 competing against every other class having T3's, mods are a huge part of it's damage.

Will need to do some testing on this later, hopefully it's fixed soon if true

i dont know why they WOULDNT let the junk sledge have it. Why can i put a burning shaft mod on it if the placed down turret wont use it? yea ppl are reporting that it doesnt get the damage increase etc. Easy way you/i/anyone can test it spawn a turret in, DM yourself and watch it hit once with no mods and once with a mod that adds X damage. if no change, they dont do anyhting. Kind of sad... was honestly hoping for a rare mod/ammo for shock rounds or a flamthrow mod. if i had a flamethrower mod i wouldnt care if the t3 drone is ever released LOL

I just found a pair of night vision goggles. I can't remember the last time I found a pair. Whatever you guys have done I love them. They work so good at night now. No longer on the hunt for a light mod for my cowboy hat which has become the norm.

7 minutes ago, Grubbage said:

I just found a pair of night vision goggles. I can't remember the last time I found a pair. Whatever you guys have done I love them. They work so good at night now. No longer on the hunt for a light mod for my cowboy hat which has become the norm.

So, how much for the second one ? 

Dukes only. 

3 minutes ago, beerfly said:

So, how much for the second one ? 

Dukes only. 

Wait, does a pair count as two in your case, I found one in a chest that left unlooted in first horde night and it was broken by the zeds, eventually just left it and the loot from it. There must be a chance for them to spawn, which is awesome. 

@madmole, check this out ! 

https://community.7daystodie.com/topic/19723-iron-gut-perk-typos-and-a-couple-of-books/

And this is a big one! probably @Gazz 's or @faatal department. 

https://community.7daystodie.com/topic/19727-bug-how-to-lose-a-full-stack-of-items/

While the misspellings are weak stuff, the second one is one big mother. I'm glad that the streamer weekend finally helped with the repro.

1 hour ago, Mechanimal said:

I will try it, just really want to avoid the super blurry textures. I used Pregen 3, didn't make my own. I should have enough vRAM, I have a friggin Titan card, albeit first gen, and 32 GB system RAM on top of that.

People with <4GB, possibly even <6GB should probably be using Half for Texture Quality.

How much RAM does your GPU have?

1 hour ago, Roland said:

If reading duplicate schematics could increase the quality tier at which you could craft it that could help. If I find and read 3 schematics on crafting a pistol and can therefore craft yellow quality pistols even though I never perked into pistols that would open up crafting a bit. On MP servers people might start trading schematics more to get their levels up on crafting.

I see... so if I read two IKEA instructions for assembling a closet I'll have it switch from fir wood to oak wood? 😁

That's a net gain! Thanks for the tip! 🤑

1 hour ago, Mechanimal said:

Yeah I want to upgrade, that sounds nice, my Titan card is GTX, not RTX, and isn;t a whole new gen of cards about to drop soon? Been hearing about the 3080 and so on, are those the "new RTX" or do they have a new name for them, dunno yet, but that's probably what you're talkin about.

AMD and nVidia should have their next generation consumer GPUs out this fall. I hope to buy an RTX 3070 or AMD equivalent by the end of the year.

2 minutes ago, Jost Amman said:

I see... so if I read two IKEA instructions for assembling a closet I'll have it switch from fir wood to oak wood? 😁

That's a net gain! Thanks for the tip! 🤑

No. But you won't have a situation where you are short three #5 screws and have two extra #2 screws....

11 minutes ago, faatal said:

People with <4GB, possibly even <6GB should probably be using Half for Texture Quality.

Yeah... despite being a Titan, it only has 6GB, which WAS a lot at the time, but now my sons 2 yr old mid-range GTX 1080 even has more with 8 GB.

I would rather run a lower settings than EVER see any texture as low as texture streaming takes them, it honestly feels like a LOD system that isn't working right. 

But yes good point, I will adjust accordingly... until I upgrade, may get a 2080 Ti, with 11 or 12 GB, to hold me over until I can afford a new Titan with 24 GB.

6 minutes ago, MajorMunchy said:

8gb is somewhat the standard now a days

It does seem to have swung that way overall, yes, for the time being anyway. Once both the next gen consoles and new suite of graphics cards drop and settle in I imagine that will jump again, probably to 12 or 16 maybe. Wonder how long that'll take. Combine that with a new gen M.2 drive with NVME and holy hot damn, can hear my grandkids now: "It used to take time to load games? What's a framerate?"

My comments on A19 so far....like everyone has said, it’s beautiful! It also runs well on my potatoe (5 year old gaming laptop). The crawler zombie is stunning, the other zombies are greatly improved but the crawler is just amazing.

I love the candy, I love the longer stone age. One question....it doesn’t seem like the stone tools have random stats, is this true or a rng thing?

Changes that I didn’t expect....food consumption is definitely greater this alpha and stamina drain is harsher especially using iron tools. Not a complaint, just a statement. I know there are things that eventually I’ll be able to do to improve stamina but early game it’s tough.

To be honest, the only irritating thing is getting hit by zombies with no swing animation. There’s no visual swing hit, the only way that I know I’m hit is my characters reaction. Now I’m on a dedicated server so it might be a ‘net thing’, but nonetheless is obnoxious.

Overall, A19 is an incredible alpha that the fun pimps should be very proud of. I will play the heck out of it and can’t wait for A20. Kudos to TFP team!!

26 minutes ago, faatal said:

Are those sizes for GPU RAM or system RAM? If lowering the texture quality is supposed to lower the amount of system RAM used, then I don't think it's working.

2 minutes ago, khzmusik said:

Are those sizes for GPU RAM or system RAM? If lowering the texture quality is supposed to lower the amount of system RAM used, then I don't think it's working.

GPU RAM... I have 32 GB system RAM, so I gots no problem there. GPU is where it needs to be.

3 minutes ago, khzmusik said:

GPU ram. if they clam 6gb and lower use half i bet TI's anr etitans are the only one that cando max graphics @ 60+ fps
Im at id say "high " with a 3700x 2080 and 32gb ddr4 3200mhz on a 3440x1440p screen running 60-80 normally and 30-40 on horde nights for anyone who needs references on what you need for nice frames. (1080P is 60+ always)

1 minute ago, MajorMunchy said:

GPU ram. if they clam 6gb and lower use half i bet TI's anr etitans are the only one that cando max graphics @ 60+ fps
Im at id say "high " with a 3700x 2080 and 32gb ddr4 3200mhz on a 3440x1440p screen running 60-80 normally and 30-40 on horde nights for anyone who needs references on what you need for nice frames. (1080P is 60+ always)

Well I hit my first major performance hit when A18 dropped and it tried running at 3440x1440, lost me frames. I get them back instantly when I drop it a notch to 2560x1080.

I'm pretty sure the "norm" when I got my 6GB Titan was only 2 GB, so it was beefy at the time with triple the norm. But now that norm is 8, and once again the current Titan, which I do not own(currently) is again triple that at 24 GB. I need it for my CAD work anyway, but a 2080 Ti would suffice with around 12 GB. And again a whole new gen is about to drop, the 3k series (not sure what *TX label it will use, imagine that will change too though.)

1 minute ago, Mechanimal said:

Well I hit my first major performance hit when A18 dropped and it tried running at 3440x1440, lost me frames. I get them back instantly when I drop it a notch to 2560x1080.

I'm pretty sure the "norm" when I got my 6GB Titan was only 2 GB, so it was beefy at the time with triple the norm. But now that norm is 8, and once again the current Titan, which I do not own(currently) is again triple that at 24 GB. I need it for my CAD work anyway, but a 2080 Ti would suffice with around 12 GB. And again a whole new gen is about to drop, the 3k series (not sure what *TX label it will use, imagine that will change too though.)

If its anyhting liek nvidia, itll be a replaster 2000 series with "upgrades" lol companies these days

• Roland locked this topic
  • Roland unlocked this topic
  • Roland locked and unpinned this topic

Archived