Jump to content
madmole

Alpha 19 Dev Diary

Roland

When you download A19 you MUST start a new save. Maps generated in A18 will NOT work for A19 games. 

 

Head HERE to report bugs.

Message added by Roland

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Laz Man said:

Dont people have anything better to do then choking their chickens?  Sheeesh.

The current apocalypse must be getting to them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, faatal said:

Who would of thunk something in an experimental build needs to be fixed?

And we should be happy that there's a guy who can fix it!

1 hour ago, Adam the Waster said:

BREAKING NEWS! VEHICLES MAKE YOU HUNGRY!

 

OTHER NEWS! BIG MAMA HOT!

I love Big Mama!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally I think the Screamers are kind of hot ...  But to keep it on topic (is that allowed?) will "latest experimental" just appear in the list of betas we can opt in to or do we have to enter a code to unlock it ? I know one of my games I had to do that but I can't remember which one, the code was freely available but having to enter it stopped people selecting the unstable build by mistake.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Grolbu said:

Personally I think the Screamers are kind of hot ...  But to keep it on topic (is that allowed?) will "latest experimental" just appear in the list of betas we can opt in to or do we have to enter a code to unlock it ? I know one of my games I had to do that but I can't remember which one, the code was freely available but having to enter it stopped people selecting the unstable build by mistake.

Latest_experimental will appear in the list. No code required.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@faatal


Youtube finally got the last 2 hours of The Grand Spartan's second stream up. You can see the errant AI behavior in this stream a lot more clearly in this one, since there's more zombies and they eat up his spikes a lot quicker.

 

See the last 20 minutes here:

 

 

Since I know you're reading these Grand Spartan, I'm totally not calling you out dude. I enjoy your streams a lot. I'm just reporting the bug and letting TFP know where to look for an example of the behavior.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Blake_ said:

I got an itch on my acnestis as I beheld with meldropping eyes the very grommet of your comment.

That made my brain hurt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Poked around the forums and site a bit.  Is the Monday steam update like a midnight release, once the team is in the office release, or it's there when it's there release?  I'm guessing the last option, but "secretly" hoping for the first.

Edited by irongamer (see edit history)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, Ranzera said:

@faatal


Youtube finally got the last 2 hours of The Grand Spartan's second stream up. You can see the errant AI behavior in this stream a lot more clearly in this one, since there's more zombies and they eat up his spikes a lot quicker.

 

See the last 20 minutes here:

 

 

Since I know you're reading these Grand Spartan, I'm totally not calling you out dude. I enjoy your streams a lot. I'm just reporting the bug and letting TFP know where to look for an example of the behavior.

Wha? I want you to call me out too! . Nice report nevertheless! It would be of better help to put the exact timestamp on the video, rather than saying "watch these couple of days and tell me if I'm wrong".

 

I have a better idea, we can ask  @faatal  to create an AI interface using only ASCII and punch card computers so we can better report every single bug regarding his purpose as a human being. But don't get fixed on in! 

Edited by Blake_ (see edit history)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Blake_ said:

Seems to me sticks are still somewhere, certainly not in the game though. Nice report nevertheless! It would be of better help to put the exact timestamp on the video, rather than saying "watch these couple of days and tell me if I'm wrong".

 

I have a better idea, we can ask  @faatal  to create an AI interface using only ASCII and punch card computers so we can better report every single bug regarding his purpose as a human being. But don't get fixed on in! 

I'm pretty sure it's possible to copy a YouTube video's URL that is also a timestamp?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Blake_ said:

Seems to me sticks are still somewhere, certainly not in the game though. Nice report nevertheless! It would be of better help to put the exact timestamp on the video, rather than saying "watch these couple of days and tell me if I'm wrong".

 

I have a better idea, we can ask  @faatal  to create an AI interface using only ASCII and punch card computers so we can better report every single bug regarding his purpose as a human being. But don't get fixed on in! 

I normally would give an exact time stamp and even link with it starting there. However, The Grand Spartan actually streams on youtube and youtube... is pretty dumb.

 

You'll notice that video is exactly 2 hours long. Well, that video isn't 2 hours long. That video is still processing on youtube's end and until it's done, only the last 2 hours of it are available. When it finishes processing (no one can predict when that is) it will become the full 8 hour video. Any time stamp I provide for the video in it's current form will point to the wrong place after the processing finishes.

 

It's stupid, I know. I'm sorry, I can't do anything about it.

  • Thanks 1
  • Sympathy 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ranzera said:

I normally would give an exact time stamp and even link with it starting there. However, The Grand Spartan actually streams on youtube and youtube... is pretty dumb.

 

You'll notice that video is exactly 2 hours long. Well, that video isn't 2 hours long. That video is still processing on youtube's end and until it's done, only the last 2 hours of it are available. When it finishes processing (no one can predict when that is) it will become the full 8 hour video. Any time stamp I provide for the video in it's current form will point to the wrong place after the processing finishes.

 

It's stupid, I know. I'm sorry, I can't do anything about it.

No wonder why I clicked on a 3 hour long stream and the video was only an hour long... Good information, thanks.

And yeah, YouTube is stupid. What else is new?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, Ranzera said:

I normally would give an exact time stamp and even link with it starting there. However, The Grand Spartan actually streams on youtube and youtube... is pretty dumb.

 

You'll notice that video is exactly 2 hours long. Well, that video isn't 2 hours long. That video is still processing on youtube's end and until it's done, only the last 2 hours of it are available. When it finishes processing (no one can predict when that is) it will become the full 8 hour video. Any time stamp I provide for the video in it's current form will point to the wrong place after the processing finishes.

 

It's stupid, I know. I'm sorry, I can't do anything about it.

The current problem is that we don't have any way to report bugs on an alpha that we didn't even play but helped to spot bugs in.

 

Edit: Maybe some higher up can create the bug reporting thread on monday, wink wink.

Edited by Blake_ (see edit history)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, CholulaSouls said:

hey Madmole or any other dev, how do you guys feel about steam workshop support for custom prefabs and POIS? We could make our own prefabs and share it with anybody who wanted to use it without pesky modding tools like Vortex/NMM

Do you see that ever being implemented? If so how would it work? 

That is the plan. Magic.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Just a small warning to everyone who might make content for A19 when it hits the market (such as horde night videos). There's a rumor going around that one part of one of the new soundtracks that TFP just put in (I don't know which part or which song; again, just a rumor) that YouTube is waving its finger at and going, "That's copyrighted". Even though it's just a rumor, I would highly advise anybody who decides to make videos on A19 to NOT include the music from the game in the video.

Edit reason: spelling errors

Edited by MechanicalLens (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, KuriousTurtle said:

there is about 1200 pages less on this thread than the a18 thread

Roland has been a lot more active moving off topic posts to other threads in the A19 diary. 

 

I wonder how the new software will handle tomorrow's refresh storm though 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quick Question? I'm I going to have to delete my old saves again?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ryfyle said:

Quick Question? I'm I going to have to delete my old saves again?

Always best when starting a new Alpha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ryfyle said:

Quick Question? I'm I going to have to delete my old saves again?

As always yeah. Be sure to manually check your files after as well; sometimes they linger around even if you instruct them to be wiped automatically.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MechanicalLens said:

As always yeah. Be sure to manually check your files after as well; sometimes they linger around even if you instruct them to be wiped automatically.

Second question, are the swiming zombies in yet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ryfyle said:

Second question, are the swiming zombies in yet?

Yep. They don't swim like Olympic swimmers, but rather they swim up to you if you're directly or almost directly beneath them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MechanicalLens said:

Yep. They don't swim like Olympic swimmers, but rather they swim up to you if you're directly or almost directly beneath them.

Same speed as the player?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ryfyle said:

Same speed as the player?

Faster I think. The player swims in water as if they're in frozen honey.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...