Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

Yes, the M60 is also not compulsory, but it does not interfere.  With proper attention, it can also be made useful.

But the "drone" ... i can't imagine. I think, could have come up with something more appropriate "for fun".

5 minutes ago, Jarod_Silverstar said:

Why have bows and crossbows? There a lot of things in games that are not needed at a basic level, but having them adds variety, fun and minor goals for people to work towards.

??? what? .... hmmm..... well.... I need them , I use them, they fit into the game....

Many who saw the drone - said that they will not use it in the game if it appears.

56 minutes ago, Jarod_Silverstar said:

Why not up it with a third option to add some random debuff or two after death? That would be assuming you didn't already have something....

It's best to keep things simple. IMO there are two player archtypes, ones who want a clean start when they die, others who want more of a I didn't die simulation, I got my @%$*#! kicked and woke up feeling like crap after I blacked out with all my sickness still intact.

1 minute ago, madmole said:

It's best to keep things simple. IMO there are two player archtypes, ones who want a clean start when they die, others who want more of a I didn't die simulation, I got my @%$*#! kicked and woke up feeling like crap after I blacked out with all my sickness still intact.

Spoilsport

53 minutes ago, Laz Man said:

Good morning @madmole,

Any particular streamers you'll be watching today?

Whatever the team points me to. Maybe Grumble won't need mods to play now since the game is much more saturated now. I might watch Kage to see what he thinks about the stone age.

11 minutes ago, Ta-Lika said:

I watched the stream. The animation of the drone looks ridiculous. Star Wars mod. This is not compatible with 7DTD. A lot of good has been brought into the game! Thanks guys! It would be nice to fix the particles that fly off when a zombie’s head is destroyed.

Spoiler

7 Days to Die 19.jpg

So you then didn't watch the parts of the stream when they said that the particles, where just placeholders? and that the Drone wasn't ready? and that it was just basically giving us a first look? and that it probably wasn't even going in the first release of a19, but maybe a couple/few builds later?  

Edit: I mean I probably won't even use the Drone. but come on..  

1 hour ago, madmole said:

For A20 I want a game opition: Debuffs clear on death true/false.

Mr. Mole, kind of related:

you talked about a Game option a while back that you would Like: Killing Zombies per Headshots only.

Im curious if its still something you would like to see in the game down the road.

10 minutes ago, n2n1 said:

The drone model is really well made and invented, i like it.

But you don't need a drone.

Simply:  not needed. This is my reasonable assumption - just not needed...

I don't understand why you remove interesting and useful things and add unnecessary ones. What is the meaning of this is unclear.

We don't need npcs in the game. Humans are enough. Neither do we need more weapons. The perk system ? Unnecessary.  Food and drink ? I can eat and drink just fine in real life thank you very much. Linear lighting ? Please just 0% brightness so I can see my toes and imagine zombie attacks. Vehicles? I can walk. Walking ? I can do it Just Fine. Horde night ? Why on earth. 7 days to die ? Why, I have many years under my belt already, plz fix dangit. Steam games ? Whatever happened to the floppy disk ?

n2n1 ? Nope, not needed, but we bear with him for the sake of his dashing eyebrows.

39 minutes ago, beerfly said:

*blinking in silence* 

A man have to learn at least few things a day at least. Always loved having honey from loot and thought it is scarce now in A18. Met so many stumps and have few around my base, but thought honey went away from these when you remodeled it in A17 and never chopped one. 

Hah, there is even a perk book that gives you a higher chance to extract honey.

2 minutes ago, Guppys Fur said:

Mr. Mole, kind of related:

you talked about a Game option a while back that you would Like: Killing Zombies per Headshots only.

Im curious if its still something you would like to see in the game down the road.

Yeah, we're big on adding simulation control that adds legs to the game.

1 minute ago, madmole said:

Hah, there is even a perk book that gives you a higher chance to extract honey.

I kinda miss the lootable stumps, last seen in A16.

It was just nice having something lootable in the forest that was "natural" and specific to that biome, aside from random trash piles and other manmade objects like backpacks.

Plus, for some reason, that's almost always where I found night vision goggles. Anyway, no big push to bring it back, though I certainly wouldn't mind if ya did.

19 hours ago, Jarod_Silverstar said:

Okay - did a quick first pass through the rn and one item did stick out.

Blood moon zombies will 50/50 teleport closer or die if target player is far away

@madmole - can you explain this a little further? I assume that means that if your bedroll is some distance away from where you are fighting the horde and you are killed, some zombies will move to a location close to where you respawned so there is a risk of them finding you and attacking. I am okay with that, but does this also mean that if you are found and fight back, the horde spawn will start up again and rush you in the new location?

Sounds like a great way to get people into a death spiral...

It's to help the zombies get to you when you try to run away from them, like on a vehicle. When you respawn the zombies do not know where you are at all, unless they happen to see you or you ttack them again.

14 minutes ago, madmole said:

Hehe, i like how you have archtypes for players as if they were entity AI sets.  🤣

16 minutes ago, Blake_ said:

We don't need npcs in the game. Humans are enough. Neither do we need more weapons. The perk system ? Unnecessary.  Food and drink ? I can eat and drink just fine in real life thank you very much. Linear lighting ? Please just 0% brightness so I can see my toes and imagine zombie attacks. Vehicles? I can walk. Walking ? I can do it Just Fine. Horde night ? Why on earth. 7 days to die ? Why, I have many years under my belt already, plz fix dangit. Steam games ? Whatever happened to the floppy disk ?

n2n1 ? Nope, not needed, but we bear with him for the sake of his dashing eyebrows.

:D Thanks Cap!

I really think a lot of what you have listed is unnecessary :) . Neither You, nor I - are needed in this game, either ;)

(and this is confirmed in practice :heh: -  the game just feels great without it!!!)

6 minutes ago, n2n1 said:

:D Thanks Cap!

I really think a lot of what you have listed is unnecessary :)

There are games where there is only one way to do things. Some games also have only one linear path to follow or a fixed story to follow. And some of them are still excellent games. But this isn't one of those games though. Multiple ways to do the same thing, open world, ...

35 minutes ago, madmole said:

The third archetype is players who want to wake up at the last Pokemon center.

3 minutes ago, weren said:

I play from 11-12 alpha. I like this game.You worked for so many years to make the game super atmospheric and you did it. Please remove the drone. It destroys the theme of the apocalypse.

So..............don't build one?

47 minutes ago, madmole said:

I remember in FarCry 2, when you are critically injured, you get a little cutscene of one of your allies coming to rescue you, injecting you a syringe or something like that.
I would make a little cinematic of someone in a brown or black robe dragging you in a Improvised Stretcher.

Spoiler

How to Make an Improvised Stretcher | The Art of Manliness

and leaving you in your base. To provide mystery, lore, fan theorys, etc. Those things keep games alive (fallout, skyrim,etc) longer

13 minutes ago, weren said:

I play from 11-12 alpha. I like this game.You worked for so many years to make the game super atmospheric and you did it. Please remove the drone. It destroys the theme of the apocalypse.

Please use the standard writing style. colors/Sizes should be for Staff in my opinion to highlight for players attention.

Thanks mate.

10 minutes ago, JCrook1028 said:

So..............don't build one?

This. I dont get the complains like the ones he made. You dont like it, dont use it.

Roleplay after all. Would be the same if a guy that only likes to use clubs asks to remove all firearm.

23 minutes ago, weren said:

Look - the user made their first post.

Before that, he was silent and just played the game. He expressed his opinion in his first post about this.... probably it is important for him.

This is his opinion.

Well..... he probably went a little too far with the font size....but, to throw poop at him in his first post as it is not good... we - polite people.....:)

Just collect statistics ;) 

• Roland locked this topic
  • Roland unlocked this topic
  • Roland locked and unpinned this topic

Archived