madmole

Alpha 19 Dev Diary

1 minute ago, meganoth said:

Here is the full patch note:

Aye that says the same as the patch notes I pulled my quote from.

So you get a Crit, take infection then it 'heals' on it's own, slowly, but when it gets to 5% it begins doing something else? I don't understand, does it begin at 50 and heal down to 5% then start damaging you? 

13 hours ago, Adam the Waster said:

@madmole

i remember hearing in one of the streams that

"there is a new pistol model" but when i look at the footage. i don't really see any difference.

is that intentional or?   

It's still a Beretta M9, but with a new model, to better suit the Linear lighting (I THINK)

4 minutes ago, Worrun said:

Can you clear this up please, as I am a little confused (straight from patch notes)

"An infection is completely harmless and will even heal on it’s own… until 5%"

Each time you are hit by a zombie there is a chance of getting infected. Before now, once you were infected, that was it, you were infected and needed to do something to cure it. Now, each zombie hit can give you a degree or % of total infection. So if each hit gives you a 2% infection, if you get hit twice you have 4% infection but it will heal on its own. However, I 3rd hit that brings the total infection above 5% now means that you need to treat it.

It is a nice way to add a buffer to infections early on in the game. My last game I got hit by a zombie on day 1 and was infected. It was 3 days before I found anything to treat it with and was nearly at 50% infected by then. If the airdrop had not provided several antibiotics, I probably would died from the infection in a couple more days. With this, it prevents a single unlucky hit in early game from changing your entire plan until you find something to treat it with.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Jarod_Silverstar said:

Each time you are hit by a zombie there is a chance of getting infected. Before now, once you were infected, that was it, you were infected and needed to do something to cure it. Now, each zombie hit can give you a degree or % of total infection. So if each hit gives you a 2% infection, if you get hit twice you have 4% infection but it will heal on its own. However, I 3rd hit that brings the total infection above 5% now means that you need to treat it.

It is a nice way to add a buffer to infections early on in the game. My last game I got hit by a zombie on day 1 and was infected. It was 3 days before I found anything to treat it with and was nearly at 50% infected by then. If the airdrop had not provided several antibiotics, I probably would died from the infection in a couple more days. With this, it prevents a single unlucky hit in early game from changing your entire plan until you find something to treat it with.

That is a perfect explanation, thank you Sir. Also a great feature, you're spot on with what you said.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Worrun said:

Aye that says the same as the patch notes I pulled my quote from.

So you get a Crit, take infection then it 'heals' on it's own, slowly, but when it gets to 5% it begins doing something else? I don't understand, does it begin at 50 and heal down to 5% then start damaging you? 

One hit might get you to 2%, the next hit immediately after that to 4%. If you have don't get hit further this infection will go away after some time. But if you get hit a third time instead with already 4% you might be at 10% now. Now it doesn't go away on its own and gets worse, so increase to 11%, 12% and there will be typical health issues.

EDIT: Oh well, Jarod was faster and wrote a better and more detailed explanation. I must be getting old. 😉

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Gazz said:

Only a handful of nerds read the whole thing.

HEY!...you're right 😭 

So early game, melee now seems to be for the very brave or the very... erm...  Brave! That's it!  :)

I salute those who will grab a club and in a few days, leave me all their loot!  If you have a shovel in your backpack, I will bury you with honors!

"Set hunting rifle and crossbows to not auto reload"

Pardon the directness, but why on earth would you disable auto reload for single shot weapons?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Falcon197 said:

Pardon the directness, but why on earth would you disable auto reload for single shot weapons?

Because auto-reload locks you in the reload animation. It was extremely annoying and a reason not to use a crossbow or bolt-action rifle when fighting zombies.

Edited by Kosmic Kerman (see edit history)
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Trankitas said:

HEY!...you're right 😭 

Other nerds watch other nerds on youtube read them for them.  The society we live in.  It's a nerd eat nerd world out there...😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jarod_Silverstar said:

The question for me is at what point do the lower Tech items get phased out if at all? When you get your GS to 100 or more will you still be finding Tech 0/1 items or would they have dropped completely from the loot tables?

Only the tech 0 items will be phased out completely.

Not explaining the whole 3D table here, though. =P

As always, thanks TFP for being consistent, for keeping updating the game, even when a global pandemic hit us, you still gave us a little happiness in this hard times.

THERE'S NOT A LOT OF DEVELOPERS WITH THE INTEGRITY AND HEART YOU SHOW.

Thanks again.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Kosmic Kerman said:

Because auto-reload locks you in the reload animation. It was extremely annoying and a reason not to use a crossbow or bolt-action rifle when fighting zombies.

Aye - made it rather hard to switch weapons quickly when you had to wait for the reload anim to finish.

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, Jarod_Silverstar said:

Aye - made it rather hard to switch weapons quickly when you had to wait for the reload anim to finish.

This is why Roland said he has three blunderbuss's on his belt and I will have five or six!  :)

Edited by Aldranon
cant spell (see edit history)

4 minutes ago, Gazz said:

Oh, come on ! Give us a stick !

Does Tech 0 mean 0 emissions ?

2 minutes ago, Gazz said:

Good enough. 

2 minutes ago, Blake_ said:

Oh, come on ! Give us a stick !

Does Tech 0 mean 0 emissions ?

Heh - probably not. To me black powder has always had a stronger smell than refined gunpowder when fired.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Falcon197 said:

probably so the animation can work properly 

7 hours ago, Gazz said:

Only a handful of nerds read the whole thing so it's certainly good enough.

That something is "fixed" doesn't mean it stays fixed or that there won't be regressions due to the fix, leading to the ticket to be reopened.

It's just how things go.

oh. he might be me

7 minutes ago, Jarod_Silverstar said:

Heh - probably not. To me black powder has always had a stronger smell than refined gunpowder when fired.

Omg report ! Black powder matters !

46 minutes ago, Trankitas said:

It's still a Beretta M9, but with a new model, to better suit the Linear lighting (I THINK)

for some reason i always think the Beretta M9 is the same as the B93R but that gun is a burst Fire!

kinda sad they didn't really make any difference to it. at least some Tape would be nice! but oh well! ONLY 3 MORE DAYS!

LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Cheap wooden chests or desk safes have less storage capacity, large storage boxes are tougher, gun safes have the same capacity as large boxes

as a hoarder and a builder, this annoyed me. I don't like using the large box because it so cumbersome and take so much space.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Blake_ said:

Omg report ! Black powder matters !

Smokeless power!

Edited by Gazz (see edit history)
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, kuratowakiru said:

as a hoarder and a builder, this annoyed me. I don't like using the large box because it so cumbersome and take so much space.

i mean. it makes sense! the bigger the box! the more you can hold!

So the huge melee range issue is still not fixed? What a shame. I wonder if this will ever be returned to its previous, sane state.

14 minutes ago, kuratowakiru said:

Do you mean the chest and the crates? If I recall they both take up the same amount of space. Maybe I misunderstand which ones you mean.

10 minutes ago, xfejiou5 said:

So the huge melee range issue is still not fixed? What a shame. I wonder if this will ever be returned to its previous, sane state.

I keep bugging @faatal about it, he denies me over and over, like my wife.