Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

4 minutes ago, danielspoa said:

excuse me the stupid question, the keys streamers will be giving are for the game itself or for the alpha access this weekend?

Streamers will be giving steam codes for activating 7 Days to Die. Until Monday recipients of the codes would be playing A18.4

Okay - did a quick first pass through the rn and one item did stick out.

Blood moon zombies will 50/50 teleport closer or die if target player is far away

@madmole - can you explain this a little further? I assume that means that if your bedroll is some distance away from where you are fighting the horde and you are killed, some zombies will move to a location close to where you respawned so there is a risk of them finding you and attacking. I am okay with that, but does this also mean that if you are found and fight back, the horde spawn will start up again and rush you in the new location?

Sounds like a great way to get people into a death spiral...

2 minutes ago, Jarod_Silverstar said:

Okay - did a quick first pass through the rn and one item did stick out.

Blood moon zombies will 50/50 teleport closer or die if target player is far away

@madmole - can you explain this a little further? I assume that means that if your bedroll is some distance away from where you are fighting the horde and you are killed, some zombies will move to a location close to where you respawned so there is a risk of them finding you and attacking. I am okay with that, but does this also mean that if you are found and fight back, the horde spawn will start up again and rush you in the new location?

Sounds like a great way to get people into a death spiral...

Teleport closer doesn't mean teleport on top of you. I'm okay with the game presenting you with two options after you die on horde night: fight or hide.

3 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

Wait so A19 is coming out on monday??

You've watched the streams and obsessively follow the dev thread and this is news to you? Current plan is A19 experimental to streamers on Friday and general public Mondayish (they've released on a Sunday evening before and have hinted that's a possibility this time as well).

8 minutes ago, Kosmic Kerman said:

You've watched the streams and obsessively follow the dev thread and this is news to you? Current plan is A19 experimental to streamers on Friday and general public Mondayish (they've released on a Sunday evening before and have hinted that's a possibility this time as well).

i fall asleep during the streams, i took the pics and i stopped watching when they did the play though ( i would like to get my rotten hands on the stuff before seeing people play with the stuff). but at least i know its coming out in like 4 days....

damn i can't wait!

Spoiler

LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

wait i did not seee the drone DID IT GET TAKEN OUT Q.Q

Added rigs and content created for support on new weapons and tools including: Impact Driver, Auto Shotgun, Desert Eagle, Sharpshooter Rifle, Double Barrel Shotgun (reworked model), Junk Drone, Junk Sledge, and Ratchet.

YAY found it

1 hour ago, Guppycur said:

In normal circumstances you wouldn't have even *heard* about 7days for those first 5 years or so; so in reality, we got to have EARLY early access.

For example, Cyberpunk 2077 has been in development for over a decade now, and had begun on kickstarter, although I might be incorrect on the latter part. Do you see people complaining? Nope. What about Minecraft and Terraria, two full-release games that frequently/infrequently receive (or received, in Terraria's case) updates beyond launch, some of which forced the player to restart. Other than optimization and that juicy "full release" label, there is nothing really different between those games and 7D2D. Do you see people demanding that then Terraria, now only Minecraft, be finished? As far as I know, that group doesn't even exist.

Labels - words themselves - are very powerful, influential things.

11 minutes ago, The Gronk said:

"Stubble Entrance – The enemy will stubble after landing before pursuing the player"

I'm pretty sure that's meant to say "stumble"

No its accurate. All the new HD zombies, especially big mama, have some stubble on their face.  Provides a slight tingle as they bite you...😂

40 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

i fall asleep during the streams, i took the pics and i stopped watching when they did the play though ( i would like to get my rotten hands on the stuff before seeing people play with the stuff). but at least i know its coming out in like 4 days....

damn i can't wait!

Reveal hidden contents

LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Its a bit of a bummer when we have a whole weekend ahead of us yet we have to wait till Monday (prob late in the evening) before its released and we get our hands on it.

Just now, Jay_ombie said:

Its a bit of a bummer when we have a whole weekend ahead of us yet we have to wait till Monday (prob late in the evening) before its released and we get our hands on it.

That's true, I've been busting my @%$*#! working all week, and I'll have to wait until next weekend to play image.jpeg.554ab2fba2a3597057344fbae0ee093a.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Jay_ombie said:

Im suprised they do this. i would think it would make more sense to do a hyped midnight on saturday/sunday release. 

they coudl do a dev stream RIGHT before just answering questions and hyping us up, give away keys etc. bet lots of people would stay pu until 12 to play!

34 minutes ago, MajorMunchy said:

wait i did not seee the drone DID IT GET TAKEN OUT Q.Q

It's been talked about on every stream and was even shown pretty in depth last night. It's not likely to be in Alpha 19 at launch, but will get patched in once they get it working. They are having to work on balancing and bug fixes because it's a totally new system to try and have a flying companion path find along behind you, through small buildings and rooms and up 40 story sky scrapers etc

Archived