Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

2 minutes ago, Jost Amman said:

Hey smartass! Come down from your high horse and mingle with us mortals! 😡

I did start reading in the edits but after a while it became tedious.

I was asking WHY they were deleted, not how to read them.

If it's a forum bug or a moderation abuse I'd like to know, if you don't mind that is... *smh*

looks self inflicted, I could be wrong

8 minutes ago, Cork55 said:

Since we are on the topic of Nerd Polling, has there been any discussion about players "double looting" quest POI's? Players will get a quest to go to a certain building, loot it and then turn around and activate their quest, which resets the building immediately which allows the to loot it again.

I don’t consider this a problem as you still have to decide if you even have time to do both. Second, if you already looted the building prior to the quest or you are on a repeat quest isn’t that essentially the same thing?

@TFPS 
Been a huge fan of this game for years and am always drag new people into it.
Would you be down to increase roamer spawn and roaming hoards a bit or otherwise eventually implement a world gen option to control those parameters? Roamers made the game more intense and interesting to me in earlier builds. Nowadays I find every update I dive into the txt files to increase roam spawns. Cheers!

17 hours ago, Laz Man said:

I think it would be so awesome if they did more models like what they did for the clubs (e.g. spiked/barb wire etc.) But for other weapon types.  Soooo much more immersive. 😎👍

Edit: The new wooden club with a barbed wire / chain / spikes mod on it looked so Fing badass!

Looks like something snowdog would use...😏

MvyrRup.jpg

Is Prime's face merged with the model or is it a mod? Cool!

1 hour ago, Cork55 said:

Since we are on the topic of Nerd Polling, has there been any discussion about players "double looting" quest POI's? Players will get a quest to go to a certain building, loot it and then turn around and activate their quest, which resets the building immediately which allows the to loot it again.

Yes. Madmole talked about it and uses this. I asked him about it being an exploit but he did not agree. 

19 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

WTF is "nerd polling"!

well i got me in-game!

Caminante corpulento - Oficial 7 Days to Die Wiki

Nerd polling is when a player builds a tower or poll of blocks right under there feet, literally. 

They jump up, place the block and land on top of it. then repeat this step.  It's done to reach higher places and other things. 

1 hour ago, Cork55 said:

Usually there are lots of POIs around in a typical town. Instead of double-dipping you could as well loot one of the neighborhood POIs for somewhat the same effect.

It does make a difference on densely populated servers, but anything above 8 on a server is outside of what TFP has to balance and needs to be dealt with by the server owner himself. If such an owner even wants to change anything, double dipping makes sure people still have lootable POIs on those servers, its more like a feature than a bug.

2 hours ago, Jost Amman said:

Hey smartass! Come down from your high horse and mingle with us mortals! 😡

I did start reading in the edits but after a while it became tedious.

I was asking WHY they were deleted, not how to read them.

If it's a forum bug or a moderation abuse I'd like to know, if you don't mind that is... *smh*

image.jpeg.83890c39d92c58c667b864a17b5371c3.jpeg

20 minutes ago, MajorMunchy said:

I wonder how hard it would bhe for them to just implement it. would be so cool!

It would be amazing, yes!, but I guess they don't want to spend more time on adding trivial stuff, they have bandits to make yet... 

5 minutes ago, SnowDog1942 said:

Maybe the forums should automatically add an -IMO as a signature to all posts so we dont have to have people waste their time pointing it out on posts they dont agree with?

-IMO

That's your opinion. I mean, yes. They should add IMO, IMO.

-IMO

2 hours ago, Adam the Waster said:

WTF is "nerd polling"!

people placing a frame, then jumping on it, and placing another one an so on, it's a gameplay style. there is even an achievement "(On TOP of the World)"  that requires you to nerd pole in order to unlock it.

what some people should understand is that it's just a way to play the game, wether they like it or not. im cool if people don't like to do that, and im also cool if people do it.

what i don't like is when someone jumps and try to force their gameplay style to everyone, when "if" they dont want it, they can use a server that has it disabled, or they can disable it on the xml, or play offline.

ya know, these are "The Fun Pimps" so why not have some fun with nerd poling?

might be possible to add a low priority situationaly triggered script that when a player has placed >3 , unsupported wood frames in <4 seconds near/in a poi  there's a chance to spawn a zed. Said zeds last remaining 'thoughts' are of being in daycare and knocking over all the other kids blocks. So zed would barrel into the nerd column and knock out a few frames. If chance was quite small then we wouldn't all just adjust and tie column into a wall all the time.

I know, I know, not gonna happen... but I kinda wish TFPs would intentionally add in a 'goof/funny-bit' every alpha.

as the Joker said, "Why so serious?" :biggrin1:

9 minutes ago, Grandpa Minion said:

Hello, I have really enjoyd the streams for a19. Especially how detail in covering everything has been for a19 but It is there any way we could get a stream that would cover all the BUG FIXS for A19 in Detail? Maybe Faatal or another Dev could do it? 

thanks.

We will get that probably in the release notes.  If it was a stream it would be a 9 hour stream...😂

3 hours ago, Trankitas said:

Yeah, next time I'll put "IMO" at the end.

Isnt anything anyone ever posts in here their opinion? 😂

Archived