Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

thats my point Guppy, they shouldn't all be sleepers.  should be a mix of some sleeping and some tooling around, even if most are sleeping, never knowing when one might walk around the corner   Maybe if they can have them on a random timer of wake/sleep. 

1 hour ago, Tin said:

I liked it personally and thought it was great game play, and thought the sleeper mechanic would be an "addition to" what we already had, instead of the sleeper mechanic taking it all over, for ever building.

I was hoping it would be like: You made noise outside to try and wake them up, and the majority of zombies would try to get out like 60-70%, and the rest (30-40%) wouldn't activate yet till you started to cross the trigger points. So that way you never truly knew if the building was totally cleared or not, and still needed to proceed with caution.

The path finding is at a point now, that they would be able to path find, over just destroying everything, no matter what level of the building they were on. Even if, some did go the destroy route, then no big deal. Next time stealth your way in instead.

No biggie though, it can be done with what they have. Just not worth the effort, till they are done. Too many building to go through and set up, just to have it be changed later by them. 

Edit: Just my opinion ofc. TFP will do, what they are going to do. Not expecting them to change things, just on how I would like it. 

I had the same thought.  Because sleeper groups are 100% xml, you could make the entire house wake up if you wanted to.  The trade off though is eating up more entity counts per player which is a bigger deal on MP servers.

20 minutes ago, MechanicalLens said:

Whatever happens though, I look forward to the challenges that A19 brings. And as for me, NO MORE HUGE CASTLE BASES. I'm kind of tired of building an impenetrable (or "impenetrable") base and then almost having the option to sit back and let the horde night tick by without doing anything meanwhile.107a97ca5bd4a571edcebec54a66fc32.jpg.62c6e7db2b2cb886ab0927665dfb2018.jpg

Didn't know you were an optimist....lol

1 minute ago, MechanicalLens said:

Lopado­temacho­selacho­galeo­kranio­leipsano­drim­hypo­trimmato­silphio­parao­melito­katakechy­meno­kichl­epi­kossypho­phatto­perister­alektryon­opte­kephallio­kigklo­peleio­lagoio­siraio­baphe­tragano­pterygon

Look up the definition if you're that intrigued; wiki's got your back

*crys in headace*

3 minutes ago, MechanicalLens said:

Lopado­temacho­selacho­galeo­kranio­leipsano­drim­hypo­trimmato­silphio­parao­melito­katakechy­meno­kichl­epi­kossypho­phatto­perister­alektryon­opte­kephallio­kigklo­peleio­lagoio­siraio­baphe­tragano­pterygon

2 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

*crys in headace*

Or Pseudopseudohypoparathyroidism ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pseudopseudohypoparathyroidism ), which is the Longest non-contrived word in a major dictionary.

"TFP is proud to announce the Alpha 19 Developer Stream series starting June 12th at 9 PM CST. Founder & Designer Richard Huenink will be on a live stream with Senior Developer Lathan Meadows for some Q & A. More Dev streams to follow in the coming days."

im going to bully Madmole. Hehehehe JK

1 hour ago, MechanicalLens said:

my 6th grade teacher used that word on us in class one day... he gave us 1 week to find its definition... none of us got it.. that was back before cell phones and PCs in every household. circa early 70s :)

32 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

NO ME! ILL PUT OIL ON IT!

ILL ALSO EAT THE NOTES WITH PEPPER! 

Its a ritual for me, Ive rubbed patch notes on my naked glistening perfectly manicured body from A16 to A18, and soon A19.

Roland rejected my streamer application though, so,  sorry.   It was gonna be one hell of a show, but not on twitch.

6 minutes ago, SnowDog1942 said:

Its a ritual for me, Ive rubbed patch notes on my naked glistening perfectly manicured body from A16 to A18, and soon A19.

Roland rejected my streamer application though, so,  sorry.   It was gonna be one hell of a show, but not on twitch.

Can we make sure the patch list is a long one... printed on wide paper... and doubled spaced... with a really large font?  Please?

🙂

10 minutes ago, SnowDog1942 said:

Roland rejected my streamer application though, so,  sorry. 

i just find the rats that like to eat my corn and watermelons and i sacrifice them in a burning pit while chanting "releases the kraken" then i uses the blood of the rats to draw the TFP logo and do the same thing, then i will my own blood and draw the Pimp cane with the Logo and chant it AGAIN!

but hey! you do you!

55 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

"TFP is proud to announce the Alpha 19 Developer Stream series starting June 12th at 9 PM CST. Founder & Designer Richard Huenink will be on a live stream with Senior Developer Lathan Meadows for some Q & A. More Dev streams to follow in the coming days."

im going to bully Madmole. Hehehehe JK

Joel's going to be on this also? It doesn't say in the announcement. We need Madmole on this!

• Roland locked this topic
  • Roland unlocked this topic
  • Roland locked and unpinned this topic

Archived