8 minutes ago, MechanicalLens said:

Those models honestly look so sick. Who are they replacing? (That is, if there is a zombie Joe in A18; cannot remember.)

I love the orange curls lol..

I think the rad variant zombies should have a subtle difference, just like the ferals do. Green glowing eyes and green veins/wounds. It would make them harder to see when it's pitch black too and you'd struggle to notice the subtle green glow when you're using the night vision goggles.

• Like 2

I thought at one point you all were thinking of getting rid of the glowpop zombies?

Holdover stuff? or just changed your minds on it? Don't care either way if they stay or go. 

Just thought you all talked about getting rid of it at one point. 

1 minute ago, Tin said:

I thought at one point you all were thinking of getting rid of the glowpop zombies?

Holdover stuff? or just changed your minds on it? Don't care either way if they stay or go. 

i think they are but they did it so that they don't look out of place.

7 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

Probably the rad replacements coming later and glow pop is a quick place holder so he can participate in higher GS parties...

12 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

not g

damn he has been though some dark magic!

At least he still has his sleeveless shirt and cargo shorts..😎👖👍

45 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

*Just my opinion ofc*

Even with the older infected models, since they looked a bit more cartoony. The glowpops didn't quite fit in, even then edit: either, but not that bad. 

With the new models? they are even more so out of place. ;)

Again, don't care if they stay or go. I can change them to how I want, if it bugs me too much. 

Edited by Tin (see edit history)

Swap the old Joe's cargo shorts for camo cargo pants, add some short hair on the side of the head and he'd be a "dead" ringer for me in sophomore and junior years in high school... Creepy...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, Tin said:

They probably are, just not in this alpha.

4 hours ago, Damocles said:

Nice new model. i hope you get rid of that glowing green effect at one point.

Maybe making them really dark and decayed. Like a "dark shadow" effect. Even better a separate texture of course.

Radiated will get removed for special new models with unique AI.

3 hours ago, Tin said:

When the new special infected are done we'll pull them out. Until then its pretty easy to make a variant like we are.

• Like 3
5 hours ago, Tahaan said:

Proton is still WINE.  Just re-branded and presumably tweaked by Steam.

And Steam does port some of those tweaks back into the WINE Development Branch.... Win,Win!

5 hours ago, Tahaan said:

TFP removed the stripper from the game because it "is not realistic" ... apparently she only works in a single POI because nobody could imagine that, like every single other zed she went wandering out in search of brains to suck on.

This makes me sad because the Stripper Zombie's an iconic zombie, from my point of view at least, and a indisputable answer to the question "Is this a game for kids?"

4 hours ago, Adam the Waster said:

i hope they make her into a business woman. if she was she could fit in with. Schools, offices, police stations etc.

just like i hope they change the biker into a muscular zombie because there is not really any areas i found that would need a biker like zombie! it could just be a strong guy the was turned... KINDA like if Madmole turned into a zombie!

(other babbling)

Hide contents

but i also hope that at least one zombie would look like a zombie that was laying in the ground for Years or at the very least. very Rotten! where you couldn't tell who they where!

Cheerleader and the Football player could be space for 2 special zombies  

maybe a bloated zombie that releases gas or a Fat Juggernaut like zombie 

I hope we don't generic the hell out of everything just because "It's not realistic" to have Bikers and Cheerleaders in places they would not normally be found. I mean, sure, there will always be places that are more likely to be populated by one kind of person or another, that doesn't mean you can't have a Biker and a Doctor in the stands at a football game.

2 hours ago, Damocles said:

Nice new model. i hope you get rid of that glowing green effect at one point.

Maybe making them really dark and decayed. Like a "dark shadow" effect. Even better a separate texture of course.

I heard someone talking about possibly modding the Green full body "glow" out and just doing glowing green eyes.... I pictured something like this:

Flaming Eyes3.jpeg

• Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, Sigil_Thane said:

I hope we don't generic the hell out of everything just because "It's not realistic" to have Bikers and Cheerleaders in places they would not normally be found.

Pretty sure Cheerleaders and Football zombies got the boot too.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
7 hours ago, Perlin_Worm said:

I love the idea of Knife bleed Damage Over Time. The problem.. You must be in risky close quarter combat in order to deliver stacks of DOT bleeds. Typically, DOT attacks are delivered at a distance while kiting so slow damage to the target can be inflicted. 

The biggest issue the Knife and Machete have is the same DoT weapons have in all games. Why ever use DoT when burst is just objectively better in nearly every situation?

You can stack bleed and burn on your machete and run around like a whirling dervish stacking DoT on zombies and try and let them die a few seconds later.

Or you can just konk them on the head with a Sledgehammer and one shot them instead. The Fire Axe IMO is the best in the game, because it and the base ball bat are just the best bang for the buck. Damage per stamina, range, utility on the fire axe etc. The machete has lower stamina per swing than some of the heavier melee weapons, but with it's lower damage focused on bleed it ends up taking more swings and a longer time to kill a target than just using a fire axe

Ranged bleed would make Bow a VASTLY more appealing option. Currently it's basically just there for explosive ammo, which is outclassed by just crafting explosives. Bow might matter more if Stealth is ever unborked, but atm stealth is ded since they added sleeper zombies so the bow basically has no niche besides early game when you are low on bullets, and that niche is waaaaay better filled by a shotgun, junk turret, and melee weapon.

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, Matt 1977 said:

Well that sucks

tbh im kinda glad. they to me always looked out of place too bright to me for a game like this

1 hour ago, Sigil_Thane said:

I hope we don't generic the hell out of everything just because "It's not realistic" to have Bikers and Cheerleaders in places they would not normally be found. I mean, sure, there will always be places that are more likely to be populated by one kind of person or another, that doesn't mean you can't have a Biker and a Doctor in the stands at a football game.

i disagree i think at least a few zombies could be very generic. like a zombie that looks like he has been though everything! and plus would make models less "copy paste" i don't know how to describe it.  

Edited by Adam the Waster (see edit history)
  • Roland locked this topic
  • Roland unlocked this topic
  • Roland locked and unpinned this topic