Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

11 hours ago, MechanicalLens said:

That's only a stereotype. Trust me, Canadians can be just as salty as every other person on the planet. ;) How do I know? I live among them.

Also, allow me to flip through my history records of the accomplishments of Canadians during times of war... Alright, let me see... Alright... Okay then... Mmm-hmm... Nope, sorry, I can't find anything. Even today, any other super power (Russia, U.S.A., even England) would crush us without a sweat.

Also, Canada barely participated in WW2, at least to my knowledge.

A lot of village in the Netherlands where I'm from were liberated by Canadians.

On 6/8/2020 at 6:41 PM, Orclover said:

MOTHER OF GOD.  We need Zombie Rickshaws STAT.

Nononono Hear me out.  It would be the perfect step up from bicycle to motorized vehicles in the game.  You could build it with much the same parts, maybe some sort of human part or live animal on a stick to get it moving.  If you don't put the brake on then it kinda wanders around a bit when your not in it.

Come on FunPimps, you can do this.  Knock out a working version with a laptop while your on the toilet next time.

Zombie Rickshaws.

amishzombiebuggy.jpg?w=600&ssl=1

Actually what we need is a rideable horse.  If left alone the zeds eat it.

23 hours ago, TheRani said:

When I had Windows 7, and Windows 10 was released as a free upgrade, I started hearing horror stories from friends whose computers got upgraded without their permission, and then subsequently bricked by mandatory updates, and I wasn't having that nonsense.  So I switched to Ubuntu (one of the many Linux distros, and one of the more user-friendly ones).  At first I did most of my gaming via WINE, but there were some really great games (such as this one) that ran on Linux without it.  Then Steam made a compatibility layer called Proton that made a Ton more Windows games run properly on Linux.  So I now have Lots of fun games to play, and an operating system that simply lets me know when updates are available and lets me install them when I please.   When I buy my next computer, I will probably give Windows 10 a chance to redeem itself, but if it pisses me off, I will happily reinstall Ubuntu.

Proton is still WINE.  Just re-branded and presumably tweaked by Steam.

On 6/8/2020 at 6:16 PM, SnowDog1942 said:

Id rather talk about boobies

TFP removed the stripper from the game because it "is not realistic" ... aparently she only works in a single POI because nobody could imagine that, like every single other zed she went wandering out in search of brains to suck on.

37 minutes ago, Tahaan said:

TFP removed the stripper from the game because it "is not realistic" ... aparently she only works in a single POI because nobody could imagine that, like every single other zed she went wandering out in search of brains to suck on.

i hope they make her into a business woman. if she was she could fit in with. Schools, offices, police stations etc.

just like i hope they change the biker into a muscular zombie because there is not really any areas i found that would need a biker like zombie! it could just be a strong guy the was turned... KINDA like if Madmole turned into a zombie!

(other babbling)

Spoiler

but i also hope that at least one zombie would look like a zombie that was laying in the ground for Years or at the very least. very Rotten! where you couldn't tell who they where!

Cheerleader and the Football player could be space for 2 special zombies  

maybe a bloated zombie that releases gas or a Fat Juggernaut like zombie 

Lets talk bow/knife in Agility tree..

I love the idea of Knife bleed Damage Over Time. The problem.. You must be in risky close quarter combat in order to deliver stacks of DOT bleeds. Typically, DOT attacks are delivered at a distance while kiting so slow damage to the target can be inflicted. 

Solution:  Allow skill points in Archery to add bleed stacks for bow damage. Now you can open with distant bow bleeds, then go in with hit and run knife attacks for additional bleed stacks to close, or open/close vise versa. This allows for a bow/knife synergy which can be tremendous fun without being OP. Would also suggest giving 'slow % while bleeding' into archery so archers can now act as CC by tagging running ferals to slow them down while stacking bleeds.

Thoughts? Comments? STFU?

41 minutes ago, Perlin_Worm said:

Lets talk bow/knife in Agility tree..

I love the idea of Knife bleed Damage Over Time. The problem.. You must be in risky close quarter combat in order to deliver stacks of DOT bleeds. Typically, DOT attacks are delivered at a distance while kiting so slow damage to the target can be inflicted. 

Solution:  Allow skill points in Archery to add bleed stacks for bow damage. Now you can open with distant bow bleeds, then go in with hit and run knife attacks for additional bleed stacks to close, or open/close vise versa. This allows for a bow/knife synergy which can be tremendous fun without being OP. Would also suggest giving 'slow % while bleeding' into archery so archers can now act as CC by tagging running ferals to slow them down while stacking bleeds.

Thoughts? Comments? STFU?

I like it on paper. Stacking bleed damage on melee seems like a bad mechanic in itself against the zombies, especially when alternatives like the sledge, the baseball bat or even the knuckles just pop them clean instantly. Maybe a bleeding target could do less damage or be slowed, so there's a positive counterpart to letting them live longer than with the alternative weapons.

17 hours ago, MechanicalLens said:

Just find a Bear Den or a construction site (the one with the zombie bear spawn) and farm it every 5 days. ;)

Honestly I acquire a majority of my paper and polymers by breaking up any and all garbage piles I see after looting them; it's only 0-3 of each at a time, but it adds up. Wrenching suitcases and the white laundry baskets also give you a decent amount of polymers.

Polymers I get from the cardboard boxes in POI's.

I think the rad variant zombies should have a subtle difference, just like the ferals do. Green glowing eyes and green veins/wounds. It would make them harder to see when it's pitch black too and you'd struggle to notice the subtle green glow when you're using the night vision goggles.

Archived