Jump to content

Alpha 19 Dev Diary


madmole

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, madmole said:

All the guys staring at map generation trying to see how it worked ruined the biome distribution. Just saying. Ignorance is bliss. As soon as you understand the code/mechanics it loses its flavor because you aren't imagining what horrors could possibly happen yet.

As soon as I understood the mechanics of erections, I started having MORE fun, not LESS -- just saying.

Edited by SnowDog1942 (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

MM
What environmental changes have you incorporated for A19?

 

A17 was microsplat precursor, texture2darray for blocks
a more reactive lighting. Was that the first linear test?
Image heightmap to create worlds. Quiet walking sleepers.
Biome reduction.

 

A18 was microsplat terrain full, texture2darray for blocks,
interior poi culling. Still tiptoe sleepers. Active music
system. Biome reduction.

 

A19? Just looking at the environmental evolution.

What is your personal environmental representation goal?
Examples: old,new,mixed POIs. Clean,ravaged,mixed landscape.
Realistic or surreal lightingscape.
4Sheetz

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We haven't had a good gate like this in a long time. And (mostly) everyone was so well behaved it almost didn't feel like a gate, Now excuse me while I go run some errands around town. I don't have to leave quite yet but I want to eat a good meal before I do all that driving... ;)

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, The Gronk said:

Duct tape, for wrapping around ducts.  Duck tape would probably be animal cruelty  🙂

 

  Hide contents

 

 

 

i know it is called Duct tape but i say DUCK tape due to it being it old name.

 

Back in Nam, the USA Army called it Duck tape due to its green color and water proof capability's. when solders came home from war and the housing industry boomed it was called Duct tape due to it being used to reinforced/fix air ducts 

Edited by Adam the Waster (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Roland said:

We haven't had a good gate like this in a long time. And (mostly) everyone was so well behaved it almost didn't feel like a gate, Now excuse me while I go run some errands around town. I don't have to leave quite yet but I want to eat a good meal before I do all that driving... ;)

Eat up my friend.. ever since I started working form home I only eat once a week.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, madmole said:

Development just doesn't work like that

 

Always great when you can tell someone doesn't work in an office / has never worked with code in their life. I like the joke about the first 80% of the work taking 80% of the allotted time, and the remaining 20% of work taking the other 80% . 

 

I don't know about game design, but when working with databases and tables, what should be a 20 minute fix can very easily end up being 4 hours of head tilting and frowning

 

Tasks

Edited by Khalagar (see edit history)
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

i know it is called Duct tape but i say DUCK tape due to it being it old name.

 

Back in Nam, the USA Army called it Duck tape due to its green color and water proof capability's. when solders came home from war and the housing industry boomed it was called Duct tape due to it being used to reinforced/fix air ducts 

And after the world sees the final "7 Days to die", it will be called Duke tape.

 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, meganoth said:

And after the world sees the final "7 Days to die", it will be called Duke tape.

 

Nope it will be called never enough tape, as you can never have enough.....

1 hour ago, 4sheetzngeegles said:

MM
What environmental changes have you incorporated for A19?

 

A17 was microsplat precursor, texture2darray for blocks
a more reactive lighting. Was that the first linear test?
Image heightmap to create worlds. Quiet walking sleepers.
Biome reduction.

 

A18 was microsplat terrain full, texture2darray for blocks,
interior poi culling. Still tiptoe sleepers. Active music
system. Biome reduction.

 

A19? Just looking at the environmental evolution.

What is your personal environmental representation goal?
Examples: old,new,mixed POIs. Clean,ravaged,mixed landscape.
Realistic or surreal lightingscape.
4Sheetz

So this is what is in A19 that I can find.

 

Linear Lighting

PBR textures
Horizon Tech
Fog Tech
Some New Textures
Updated Zombies
New Weapons
New POIs
Candy
Vastly Updated AI
Swimming Zombies
New Bookshelves
Redone Cement Mixer
New Zombies
New Winter Trees
New Creepy Mannequins 
New Couch
New Freezers
New Drones
New Driver
New Beds
New Stone Axe
New Backpack
New Trader Jen
Rebalanced Game leveling
Much slower progression of game
Possible forest start?
Reduced perk tree
Vomiting removed
Health + Stamina Bars
Changes to eating and drinking

Driving a vehicle consumes food

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

#madmole , any chance you can add supercorn as an item for sale at Rekt's ( he is the farming goodies dude I think). 

The reason being, supercorn is only found in 1 POI and I was out of luck in my 4kx4k maps a couple of times and buried supplies would't spit that seed even if I prayed for it. (No airdrops).

 

That said, being a late game seed which might be useful to make awesome stuff like glue or gas, it should be extremely expensive, like 5000 dukes expensive.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, SylenThunder said:

In a modern vehicle maybe.  We're post-apocalyptic here. There isn't any power steering. Brakes are going to be real work as well. This is something you cobbled together from spare parts. Go find an older car without disk brakes and power steering. Then drive it on regular roads.  Now go drive it on some rutty back country roads. I guarantee you will notice the difference, and you may also be sweating quite a bit when you're done.

It's only difficult at low speeds, which you won't spend much time at when you're the only guy on the road.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, Annihilatorza said:

Nope it will be called never enough tape, as you can never have enough.....

So this is what is in A19 that I can find.

 

Linear Lighting

PBR textures
Horizon Tech
Fog Tech
Some New Textures
Updated Zombies
New Weapons
New POIs
Candy
Vastly Updated AI
Swimming Zombies
New Bookshelves
Redone Cement Mixer
New Zombies
New Winter Trees
New Creepy Mannequins 
New Couch
New Freezers
New Drones
New Driver
New Beds
New Stone Axe
New Backpack
New Trader Jen
Rebalanced Game leveling
Much slower progression of game
Possible forest start?
Reduced perk tree
Vomiting removed
Health + Stamina Bars
Changes to eating and drinking

Driving a vehicle consumes food

 

All within the Estimated release window of the Summer of 2020.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ranzera said:

It's only difficult at low speeds, which you won't spend much time at when you're the only guy on the road.

You won't be travelling at high speed over unmaintained roads unless you're a huge fan of replacing shock absorbers and drivetrains.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Roland locked this topic
  • Roland unlocked this topic
  • Roland locked and unpinned this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...