Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

19 hours ago, faatal said:

I was just looking at that. 81, but at this point they are going down at about the same speed new ones are added.

That's bad. You guys can only squash like 14 MF tops per week being said bugs of various fixing difficulties and teams involved.  So the bug free release is in 40-50 days from now in the worst case scenario, which in fact is the best, because 14 MF per week can be sometimes 7 fixed, or 50 remaining bugs for the programming team only.

2 minutes ago, Blake_ said:

That's bad. You guys can only squash like 14 MF tops per week being said bugs of various fixing difficulties and teams involved.  So the bug free release is in 40-50 days from now in the worst case scenario, which in fact is the best, because 14 MF per week can be sometimes 7 fixed, or 50 remaining bugs for the programming team only.

Hopefully he meant MF for "Stable" and not for experimental....

5 hours ago, Draven Black said:

Are we going to be able to repair or take over say the deuce and half military truck or we just going to get what we have now, because being able to fix a vehicle in world would be great I mean a loot bus or Military truck 

I think they should add Vehicle frames, wheels and handlebars as a very rare drop from broken down versions in the world.

It would be great for example if they added broken down motorcycles to some POIs and when you find them you have like 0.1% chance of finding a vehicle part! 😀

Since A20 will be "the vehicles alpha" they're still in time to add stuff like this IMO. 😉

8 minutes ago, Jost Amman said:

I think they should add Vehicle frames, wheels and handlebars as a very rare drop from broken down versions in the world.

It would be great for example if they added broken down motorcycles to some POIs and when you find them you have like 0.1% chance of finding a vehicle part! 😀

Since A20 will be "the vehicles alpha" they're still in time to add stuff like this IMO. 😉

i would cool if with the 4x4 has a change option 

Sudan would look makeshift and would as fast as a Motorcycle and looks kinda like a Dune buggy mixed with a sudan, it can hold 2 people and has less space then 4X4

4x4 would be great for offroading, storage and is ok with speed, can fit 4 people but its a Bit of a gas guesser

Van would be a tank and would be equal to a military truck, can hold six people, has aton of Health, can hold alot but it is slow and zombies could catch up with you. (when feral)

1 hour ago, Laz Man said:

Hopefully he meant MF for "Stable" and not for experimental....

It's gotta be a middle ground. I doubt everything is easy to fix so they'll probably plan to fix some in the 19.1+ versions in order not to delay the release too much, but then again it would be silly to release, even to experimental, with so many known bugs. People would report a lot of the bugs they are already aware of, while also burrying possibly new bugs in the process. And releasing with too many bugs is like releasing with a due delay for future patches.

17 minutes ago, MechanicalLens said:

Not to mention it would damage the A19's initial reputation by releasing it with so many known critical errors.

If it takes until July or August or beyond to release A19 in a stable fashion, then I'll support that delay. I'd rather experience a delayed but stable (enough) build rather than a buggy mess.

That's the sad part, it hasn't much left to do with an experimental version because some people treated it like just another release in the past. I'd be glad playing with a "good enough" build for a while, knowing there will be issues and possibly some heavy ones, but then again a chunk of the guys who opt-in for experimental just want it with the same quality as a release simply sooner, and will criticize the stability of the build into oblivion. I know there was a "super early opt-in" for A19 but the timing was off for me and it's a bit different to be fair, more... "engaging".

7 hours ago, meganoth said:

The more accurate measure is the 80 must-fix bugs Fataal reported. I think he once said something about 10 or 20 bugs get fixed per week on average, so we are looking at a month AT LEAST.

Not all of the MF bugs need to be fixed for experimental. 3 of mine are graphics issues on Linux, 3 for Mac and 1 for a really old AMD GPU. To me, those should not hold up experimental.

3 hours ago, Blake_ said:

That remains to be seen. The bugs are spread across 15 people, but not evenly. 39 of them are on 4 programmers.

3 hours ago, faatal said:

Not all of the MF bugs need to be fixed for experimental. 3 of mine are graphics issues on Linux, 3 for Mac and 1 for a really old AMD GPU. To me, those should not hold up experimental.

Also as a Linux user I say that should be top of the list. 🤥 And if you need a tester let me know. 😉 I might even have an old AMD GPU.

1 hour ago, Sigil_Thane said:

As a Linux user, I thank you.

Not the response I was expecting...

10 minutes ago, Nfg said:

Also as a Linux user I say that should be top of the list. 🤥 And if you need a tester let me know. 😉 I might even have an old AMD GPU.

There it is. 

8 hours ago, Blake_ said:

Thats a lot of text to say "We cant know"

3 hours ago, Roland said:

Not the response I was expecting...

Glad to disappoint? :D

3 hours ago, Roland said:

There it is. 

I completely understand the rationale of offering to be a Linux Tester... however, I'm sure there are plenty of the existing testers that have at least a passable knowledge of Linux, and it's not like TFP would have a hard time locating Linux gamers (with specific system hardware if it made any difference) from the Steam analytics if they actually did need more.

Got the Tier 3(5?) machine gun for the game.  It has a steel/brass hybrid case so making the ammo would be more expensive to the player.

The new weapon is the SIG Sauer MG 6.8mm.  Suposedly the "Ooh ahh" weapon of the future.

Edit: You can also just switch the barrel assembly and fire 7.62.

7 hours ago, Sigil_Thane said:

Glad to disappoint? :D

I completely understand the rationale of offering to be a Linux Tester... however, I'm sure there are plenty of the existing testers that have at least a passable knowledge of Linux, and it's not like TFP would have a hard time locating Linux gamers (with specific system hardware if it made any difference) from the Steam analytics if they actually did need more.

I completely agree, thus the joke. With a company as small as TFP, I'm sure they already have a few hard core penguins on staff. 

Archived