Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

5 minutes ago, Khalagar said:

Pls pls pls pls

As someone who lives at Bedrock, add Elevators or just undo the fix to the Hatch Frame Elevator. I dunno why that one was even patched, it was so useful. It literally takes me like 40 seconds to reach the top of the ladder to get out of my base, and uses my entire stamina bar even at level 40+. Elevators, or teleporters, just some way to yeet myself to the surface quickly.

Rest in peace, janky as sin Hatchframe Elevator Exploit™

I am with you 100%  I personally feel like they have already thought of this as an idea and that its something on there mind just not something that there giving there full attention too however i am with you on the whole wanting an elevator and maybe a variety of sizes for them as well with that being said ill take what i can get as it comes 

17 hours ago, MechanicalLens said:

I personally believe the marksman rifle and the hunting rifle are fine the way they are, especially since a new T3 sniper rifle is coming in A19, but we'll have to wait and see. But I completely agree with you on the magnum. My current build is agility-based, and after finding a T5 magnum recently, I crafted 500 AP magnum ammo and about the equivalent amount of regular ammo for it. Huge waste. The magnum cannot take a silencer (to my knowledge), making it pointless for any and all stealth scavenge raids. Unless you're playing on, like, 16 max alive during blood moons, the magnum can never hold its own. It has a terribly slow reload, it only has a half-dozen shots in the cylinder (nothing you can do about that), and worse still, even on Nomad difficulty, it takes several shots to drop the average radiated... and those are headshots! I bet you that the upcoming Desert Vulture will replace it outright unless some serious rework is done to the magnum, which is just a glorified hunting rifle in my eyes.

Maybe giving the magnum a high decapitation chance would be the balance change it needs.

IMPORTANT: Giving these trying times right now, perhaps it would be for the best if we now use a synonym for "looting" such as "scavenging", out of moral respect. Maybe; you do you, but maybe it's a good idea right now to abandon that word, like for example we have abandoned clowns due to many incidents a few years back.

Wait, you're suggesting changing your language use so as to not offend Looters? WTF are you even talking about? Moral respect? For looters??????

12 hours ago, Dethar said:

Now I also have to ask, do you not know difference of a rifle and assault rifle?

Do you? Cause..the in game marksmen rifle is NOT an assault rifle. Assault Rifle by definition has to have full auto or burst fire capability.  DO not confuse yourself with the media created category of "assault weapon".

17 hours ago, MechanicalLens said:

IMPORTANT: Giving these trying times right now, perhaps it would be for the best if we now use a synonym for "looting" such as "scavenging", out of moral respect. Maybe; you do you, but maybe it's a good idea right now to abandon that word, like for example we have abandoned clowns due to many incidents a few years back.

You are ridiculous.

Unless you're saying it's ok for people to "scavenge" your store/home.

9 minutes ago, JCrook1028 said:

Wait, you're suggesting changing your language use so as to not offend Looters? WTF are you even talking about? Moral respect? For looters??????

Take what you think they suggested, flip it on its head and you'll be closer to what they had actually suggested before they dropped the subject...

40 minutes ago, Gazz said:

A catapult. Completely safe, I'm certain.

But, with a random chance to land on the proper location, or survive. 

3 minutes ago, technoDaleks said:

You are ridiculous.

Unless you're saying it's ok for me to "scavenge" your store/home.

Let`s don`t play with words here, A19 is on its way and THAT is what this thread is about. 

6 minutes ago, Demonoid74 said:

I wish there was a catapult trap that would launch zombies...with all the animation and ragdoll improvements it would be very entertaining to watch!

*Shooting zombies with a catapult onto enemy`s bases in PvP*

18 hours ago, MechanicalLens said:

Spiderman Laugh GIFs | Tenor

43 minutes ago, meganoth said:

If you simply increase magazine size on the sniper rifle it just becomes an M60 with a different texture. The objective is to get guns into the game that are very distinct in handling and usage.

Increasing the magazine does not make the sniper rifle a machine gun by any stretch, what I'm arguing for is the weapon to be buffed in a way so it's viable/comparable because maybe each weapon class should be viable? Remember the AK/M60 has almost the same range as the sniper rifle, superior magazine, superior rate of fire and is more accurate in both hip AND aimed fire. The SMG is almost as good but with a shorter range but higher ammo cap, fire rate, better silencer performance, higher accuracy and perks makes it out dps the M60. Right now the rifles are distinctly dominant in NO AREAS, I think that's a major problem.

The rifles do about 80 to 120 per shot, which with headshots sometimes kills normal zombies but can take anywhere between 1-6 headshots to kill a radiated zombie. The other glaring issue is an unmodified Marksman takes 6 seconds to shrink to the smallest reticule AND has the biggest expansion after a shot (it's also unusable in hip fire). So if you're doing the math it could take 6 seconds to fire 1 accurate shot or another 6 seconds to land as many headshots required to kill that zombie, if you're shooting a radiated zombie biker it would require you to land 6 perfect headshots, taking 36 seconds to kill one zombie! (most other firearms take about 3 seconds to shrink to their minimum crosshair size...)

So if the distinct handling and usage of the sniper rifle is that it's supposed to be @%$*#!... then that's been solidly achieved and I'll shut up.

4 minutes ago, Zombieforlife said:

So I watched a youtuber and he said A19 is coming in a week. Time to fess up. And give us an ETA. I was completely focused on A18 until I heard this. Now I'm ready to blow up my base and put a down payment on my zombie killin' drone.

Mhhhhh streamer applications are open until the 10th which is wednesday... the streamer week-end would only be 2 days after that, and 1 week prior to the event there would still be absolutely no communication so people can get on the edges of their seats ? I doubt it. Two weeks seem more believable imo. But i'd be glad to be wrong !

16 minutes ago, Zombieforlife said:

So I watched a youtuber and he said A19 is coming in a week. Time to fess up. And give us an ETA. I was completely focused on A18 until I heard this. Now I'm ready to blow up my base and put a down payment on my zombie killin' drone.

Why? You can simply ask that youtuber for an exact ETA.

6 minutes ago, Gazz said:

Why? You can simply ask that youtuber for an exact ETA.

I love this.  Its Pretty well known i will admit not to everyone but id say more than not that the Fun pimps dont give release dates as they shouldent if they did it would make way for many issues. I think its best that they dont so that they can work on things at a rate there comfortable with and i feel like its the best way to get quality updates our way.

10 minutes ago, EclipsingDeity said:

I love this.  Its Pretty well known i will admit not to everyone but id say more than not that the Fun pimps dont give release dates as they shouldent if they did it would make way for many issues. I think its best that they dont so that they can work on things at a rate there comfortable with and i feel like its the best way to get quality updates our way.

but i want it! 

Spoiler

Glowing eyes Memes

2 hours ago, Zombieforlife said:

While your at it, ask them for the winning lotto numbers this week, a 100% effective covid vaccine and maybe the meaning of life...😂

5 hours ago, Deadalready said:

Increasing the magazine does not make the sniper rifle a machine gun by any stretch, what I'm arguing for is the weapon to be buffed in a way so it's viable/comparable because maybe each weapon class should be viable? Remember the AK/M60 has almost the same range as the sniper rifle, superior magazine, superior rate of fire and is more accurate in both hip AND aimed fire. The SMG is almost as good but with a shorter range but higher ammo cap, fire rate, better silencer performance, higher accuracy and perks makes it out dps the M60. Right now the rifles are distinctly dominant in NO AREAS, I think that's a major problem.

The rifles do about 80 to 120 per shot, which with headshots sometimes kills normal zombies but can take anywhere between 1-6 headshots to kill a radiated zombie. The other glaring issue is an unmodified Marksman takes 6 seconds to shrink to the smallest reticule AND has the biggest expansion after a shot (it's also unusable in hip fire). So if you're doing the math it could take 6 seconds to fire 1 accurate shot or another 6 seconds to land as many headshots required to kill that zombie, if you're shooting a radiated zombie biker it would require you to land 6 perfect headshots, taking 36 seconds to kill one zombie! (most other firearms take about 3 seconds to shrink to their minimum crosshair size...)

So if the distinct handling and usage of the sniper rifle is that it's supposed to be @%$*#!... then that's been solidly achieved and I'll shut up.

So increasing magazine size doesn't make the sniper rifle into an M60 but a bad M60? My point exactly, increasing magazine size is NOT the solution.

1 minute ago, meganoth said:

So increasing magazine size doesn't make the sniper rifle into an M60 but a bad M60? My point exactly, increasing magazine size is NOT the solution.

How about make it so one bullet of the magnum causes an explosion so if your aim sucks your still great with it? 😂

1 minute ago, MechanicalLens said:

While we're at it, have it fire homing projectiles that explode and heal the max player's HP for every point of damage dealt. XD

I see the Magnum like the hunting rifle, high damage for high precision.  It's a finesse weapon.  Dont expect to spray and pray with it.

• Roland locked this topic
  • Roland unlocked this topic
  • Roland locked and unpinned this topic

Archived