madmole

Alpha 19 Dev Diary

Roland

When you download A19 you MUST start a new save. Maps generated in A18 will NOT work for A19 games. 

Head HERE to report bugs.

Message added by Roland

15 minutes ago, Roland said:

Sorry--my attention has been elsewhere the last couple of days. Lots of irons in the fire right now.

Well hello there and welcome to the forums, unknown new member.

😬

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, meilodasreh said:

Haven't tried it, but it could work if you lay an "X" out of maybe 9 woodframes in front of the building. Player crafted structures are painted grey on the map if i remember correctly. So the "X" (or whatever form you choose) should be visible when you zoom in the map.

Guys... there's also PAINT, do you remember? Yes, the one no one uses anymore... 😃

31 minutes ago, Roland said:

Sorry--my attention has been elsewhere the last couple of days. Lots of irons in the fire right now.

Don't worry, life is like a chicken's coop ladder, short and full of crap.

Edited by Jost Amman (see edit history)
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Jost Amman said:

Guys... there's also PAINT, do you remember? Yes, the one no one uses anymore... 😃

Still dont know if everybody is missing the point  or just trolling.

Painted blocks, letter blocks, signs,...are Not visible on the map.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Roland said:

I wonder how TFP are doing during these times, I know they are in Texas, hopefully they aren't being swarmed by looters . Several of the devs in my company are literally barricaded in their apartments in LA with looters outside the building breaking their windows and stuff, super scary.  One of my NYC customers was apparently out with the looters last night lol, pretty interesting times for nation wide companies, lots of silly tales coming in when customers call

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Adam the Waster said:

what about 1001 times?

And Ill SAY IT AGAIN! CANNED CHEESEBURGER! and Fresh sham sandwich 

isn't "Fresh Sham" an oxymoron?

• Thanks 1

On 6/2/2020 at 9:57 PM, madmole said:

You will have to make due. We've done a little bit of loot cleanup like removing harvest items from loot. There is no point in finding 3 coal in chemical loot when you can get 1000's in seconds mining. So a bit less useless looting should help a tad bit in the backpack space situation.

I like this a lot!

1 hour ago, Sigil_Thane said:

isn't "Fresh Sham" an oxymoron?

its better then eating a old sandwich from the trash!

i mean get 2 Corn bread, can of sham,  2 slabs of Grilled meat, and maybe some other canned food like beef and some Mushrooms and YUMM!

fresh Shamway sandwich

Shamway! EAT FLESH!©

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Adam the Waster said:

its better then eating a old sandwich from the trash!

i mean get 2 Corn bread, can of sham,  2 slabs of Grilled meat, and maybe some other canned food like beef and some Mushrooms and YUMM!

fresh Shamway sandwich

Shamway! EAT FLESH!©

Best food.  I'm still waiting for the pimps to add a hairy chest buff from eating one...😅

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, jdifran said:

Sort of an opposite problem:  Maybe have airdrops have more than a single unit of cornmeal?  99% of the time it gets dropped because who's going to tie up an inventory slot for one cornmeal early game?  One can of rations or pasta or chili is worth eating immediately or carrying home.  One cornmeal is just silly.

Air drops are OP. You get about 6 food items, and some other stuff, and don't even have to fight for it.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, madmole said:

Air drops are OP. You get about 6 food items, and some other stuff, and don't even have to fight for it.

maybe sometimes zombies would be their waiting. i mean you would think that a Noisy Airplane doping a Box with yellow smoke and the sound of it crashing. you would think that would at least draw attention to 1 ZOMBIE!  

Yep , said it along time ago , air drops should be a beacon for zombies and or eventually bandits...having to fight off bandits that are fighting off a zombie horde could get interesting...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Khalagar said:

I wonder how TFP are doing during these times, I know they are in Texas, hopefully they aren't being swarmed by looters . Several of the devs in my company are literally barricaded in their apartments in LA with looters outside the building breaking their windows and stuff, super scary.  One of my NYC customers was apparently out with the looters last night lol, pretty interesting times for nation wide companies, lots of silly tales coming in when customers call

From what I understand most are not in Texas, just where office is in Dallas i believe. Not sure if there was looting in Dallas. Moved from Dallas to Austin year ago. The was small riot/looting in Austin that shutdown I35.

Stay safe, Pimps! 

@madmole, any plans for some gameplay videos in a couple of weeks? I'd like to see some of these new, slick graphics in motion!

I know double doors or any other kind of new blocks are out of question for alpha 19 by this point, but could we please just get mirrored doors? Same door, but it swings from the opposite side, so that when put side by side with the normal one, they are aligned and open in the same direction.

2 minutes ago, dcsobral said:

I know double doors or any other kind of new blocks are out of question for alpha 19 by this point, but could we please just get mirrored doors? Same door, but it swings from the opposite side, so that when put side by side with the normal one, they are aligned and open in the same direction.

Instead of a set of mirrored doors, how about an optional "Door, Centered" that can be rotated as normal to create the double door look?

1 minute ago, Sigil_Thane said:

Instead of a set of mirrored doors, how about an optional "Door, Centered" that can be rotated as normal to create the double door look?

Works too, but that would be newer than just mirrored. :)

@madmole will we enjoy a video of your adventures this week? The hype train is extremely real.

I already apologize to my English, I really like 7 days to die, I wanted to give some suggestions.
Starting with the map, it could have more different places, have a zoo, put lions, elephants, gorillas, wolves, even an alligator and hippopotamus that is hidden in the water, this with them infected.
there are few animals in the game, putting one (zoo) would be really cool.
amusement park would also be nice, some clowns infected hehe.
swamp places, denser forests with zombies in clothes and camping backpacks, some huts too.
I don't know how many people work on 7 days to die, but I could make bigger cities, have more hidden underground paths.
Some hiding places with infected more resistant and faster, I do not know if you have seen the movie REC, in the end the zombie appears with legs and arms longer, very scary. Put some more bizarre creatures. Give a terror atimosferica in the game, some houses like resident evil 7, darker places, etc.

Posted (edited)

Another post that should be in Pimp Dreams.

But since Roland is still not swinging his police baton yet, there was a good zombie zoo in CP before it got broken with A17.

Edit: Damn alphas, go gold already. Jk.😜

Edited by Dethar (see edit history)

3 hours ago, madmole said:

Would it be possible to make something spawn in after opening them just like how buried supplies quests work?  

19 minutes ago, Laz Man said:

Would it be possible to make something spawn in after opening them just like how buried supplies quests work?  

In Ravenhearst z's spawn as you approach. 

Oh and MM "release the Kraken"! 

Keen as