Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

1 minute ago, MechanicalLens said:

Care to explain?

On second thought, I probably don't want to know what's going on in your head right now... Or in general, for that matter.

I dont' wanna know whats going on in my head most of the time.    But, I was only joking around... ya prude ;)

8 minutes ago, MechanicalLens said:

Also Adam, I know you were joking, but just so you know, if you're not, that would make you and all those other kids necrophiliacs.

Except that according to Madmole they aren't dead (or undead for that matter).

11 minutes ago, MechanicalLens said:

Also Adam, I know you were joking, but just so you know, if you're not, that would make you and all those other kids necrophiliacs. 😛

yeah boi. - Scrap.TF

3 minutes ago, SnowDog1942 said:

Maybe they are non-dead.

but what if the Undead died and the Undead turned Undead and those zombies die and turn Undead undead!

6 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

but what if the Undead died and the Undead turned Undead and those zombies die and turn Undead undead!

Reminds me of Dawn of War 2 Last Stand where one character could clone enemies, and there was a round where you faced copies of your own character so you would end up with clones cloning clones  cloning clones  cloning clones  cloning clones and have an army on both sides cloning each other and expanding into infinity.

In this game it was when screamers could summon other screamers, which summoned more screamers until you had a blood moon sized horde at all times . . .  Made for an interesting deterrent to running your forge too much!

Just now, Khalagar said:

Reminds me of Dawn of War 2 Last Stand where one character could clone enemies, and there was a round where you faced copies of your own character so you would end up with clones cloning clones  cloning clones  cloning clones  cloning clones and have an army on both sides cloning each other and expanding into infinity.

In this game it was when screamers could summon other screamers, which summoned more screamers until you had a blood moon sized horde at all times . . .  Made for an interesting deterrent to running your forge too much!

but what if that screamer summoned a horde of new screamer and then summon a new horde of sceam- 

ADAM/UDAM.EXE has stopped working. click here to find more.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JgF4CMXU9M

PC crash cause saves being corrupted.  Any plans reducing amount of such cases? I think game keep savefiles opened and consistantly rewrites them instead of doing it in some period of time, using small buffer.

14 hours ago, Roland said:

It's bygones, guys. Let's move on from it.

I've seen a couple additional remade zombies not yet shown-- and one of them is incredibly disturbing to me. I don't know why, as it isn't particularly gory but it is just.... wrong. Uncanny valley? I dunno. At any rate the art guys continue to hit home runs with these and the fact that they look at you now....<shiver>

Any guesses on which two? 

zombie Roland?  :)

On 5/20/2020 at 4:50 PM, wclem1974 said:

Thank you for coming in and discussing my post. I will admit I was a little harsh. We have a passion for this game. We have bought 6 copies and built 3 computers to play it. My wife loves this game more than any other. She was so excited when we found the sign ups for a19. It was very hard to tell her that they did not pick her. The look of disappointment on her face for the love of your game was hard to take .  This is a 50 year old woman who has talked many, many people into buying your game. 

If you guys meet your expected date or at least communicate as soon as you know that it has to be pushed back I will publically apologize and praise you. If nothing else I hope you see how much passion people have for this game. While there are many more important things in life this one distraction from it means a great deal from many people.  

PS I do respect that you took time to address my post. I do not give my respect easily. Maybe you guys could open up a couple more of thos a19 slots for her. Lol

To whomever has to approve my message. I hope you can see that this post I genuine and appropriate.  

As a player of the game, you might be better off waiting, you only get one A19 first impression and having to restart every few days or week because of changes kind of sucks. I haven't had a forced restart, but to get a sense of balance or rwg fixes you have to so I decided to. My point is there are lots of things incomplete and buggy yet so as a player you might enjoy yourself properly to a finished version. Its like when you buy a nice juicy steak, marinate it, and put it on the grill and it smells amazing. You step away to hit the rest room and come back to a grease fire and its ruined.

17 hours ago, Kanaan Brood said:

Are we ever going to be able to use 'R' to empty the output in a forge, mixer, workbench or chem station? I can't count the number of times I open one and hit the 'R' key.

You mean "take all"?

11 hours ago, SnowDog1942 said:

I like your confidence - you have a high sense of self importance.  Id be willing to bet tho - that they would have made this same change if u never joined the forums.  

However, in the off chance that im wrong, and your sphere if influence is really that grand,  can you convince Peta Jensen or Asa Akira to stop by my house? Please?

It had nothing to do with community feedback. It was one of those "save this system" choices instead of just hitting the delete button and moving on when you should. For some reason I don't have @%$*#! to eat in my latest game. I guess my crappy shotgun can't kill a stag, and mining/biking takes a lot of calories. I'm having a blast though, there is nothing like this before. I'm on day 13 and have the kind of gear you might have had on day 2 or 3 before, and I already know there is no good stuff anywhere in my near future, I'm level 25. I think people will be sucked into this for much longer than ever. There is no way I'm going to try and kill a bear.... muahahahahhahaha!

30 minutes ago, madmole said:

I guess my crappy shotgun can't kill a stag,

Unless you guys changed it for A19, the startle and run range of the non-aggressive animals is a good bit longer than the effective range of the pump shotgun and longer than the max ranges of the double barrel and blunderbuss from what I've seen in A18. I don't bother with the shotguns anymore because of this. For me if the target is in shotgun range then it is time to switch to melee and get ready to kite and brawl. 

1 hour ago, madmole said:

There is no way I'm going to try and kill a bear.... muahahahahhahaha!

Tin Can Landmine. You can make them straight away if you have access to a work bench.  Shoot and bait them for food stuffs.

"Work smarter not harder" should be a mantra for survival.

Also making a small pit of wood spikes so they're flush with the surrounding ground is also a good option. If you can spare the wood.

1 hour ago, madmole said:

As a player of the game, you might be better off waiting, you only get one A19 first impression and having to restart every few days or week because of changes kind of sucks. I haven't had a forced restart, but to get a sense of balance or rwg fixes you have to so I decided to. My point is there are lots of things incomplete and buggy yet so as a player you might enjoy yourself properly to a finished version. Its like when you buy a nice juicy steak, marinate it, and put it on the grill and it smells amazing. You step away to hit the rest room and come back to a grease fire and its ruined.

You mean "take all"?

But sometimes , that little grease fire adds just the right amount of char it and comes out absolutely amazing! ;)

7 hours ago, Blake_ said:

A question : Have you guys touched the secret stash table for a19? 

Right now every level of secret stash (barter perk) is the same for all the players, so if one player buys everything useful in his secret stash and all the players in the server (8 players) have the same level of the Barter perk (for example, level 5 of Barter) only 1 player will buy the things he wants and the rest ends up with nothing.

Result: no ammo, no food, no medicines, or even nothing remotely useful for those 7 players with the same perk benefits, rendering the perk useless for 90% of the people. Also happens with just 2 players.

I understand that traders and vending machines can be exhausted by just 1 guy/gal. But the secret stash should be PERSONAL and different for each player because it's a perk that is directly tied to player effort, choices and progression.

Early bird gets the worm, for now at least.

6 hours ago, Dimpy said:

I'd much rather just be able to craft low-tier mods from the beginning. Gate them behind semi-rare resources, not recipes.

@madmole How strongly does location effect gamestage? Like if I'm at the point where I'm seeing orange pistols in the forest, what would I be seeing in a wastelend city?

The same. Biomes will not increase game or loot until A20.

2 hours ago, Khalagar said:

Pretty sure they said they are taking her out =(

Replacing her with a club girl in a sexy dress so she fits into more than one location.

2 hours ago, SnowDog1942 said:

Faatal/Madmole, can we add a twerk animation for Trader Jen?

Vic, If this happens -- I was responsible for it, not you. remember that.

No but she does flirt a little.

Archived