madmole

Alpha 19 Dev Diary

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

those are not special zombies, those are tough/normal zombies 

he's talking about stuff like the burnt victim, screamer, cop, and wight!

Ya, I just double checked and was about to edit my post to say "Ignore, I derped"... :)  👍

Edited by hiemfire
Wow, there's double posts and there's posts that squash double posts into a single post. Deleted repeat section. (see edit history)

1 minute ago, hiemfire said:

Ya, I just double checked and was about to edit my post to say "Ignore, I derped"... :)  👍

Ya, I double just double checked myself and was about to fix my post. :) 👍

thats ok! we all derp up!

Just now, Adam the Waster said:

thats ok! we all derp up!

So do internet connections on occasion... 😛 

1 hour ago, madmole said:

So far I think it is going to have this effect. I'm getting a proper carrot on a stick so far. I think that traders upset the balance a little, but its fine. They give you t1 guns before you could find one but loot will out grow what they can sell you (snip)

A question : Have you guys touched the secret stash table for a19? 

Right now every level of secret stash (barter perk) is the same for all the players, so if one player buys everything useful in his secret stash and all the players in the server (8 players) have the same level of the Barter perk (for example, level 5 of Barter) only 1 player will buy the things he wants and the rest ends up with nothing.

Result: no ammo, no food, no medicines, or even nothing remotely useful for those 7 players with the same perk benefits, rendering the perk useless for 90% of the people. Also happens with just 2 players.

I understand that traders and vending machines can be exhausted by just 1 guy/gal. But the secret stash should be PERSONAL and different for each player because it's a perk that is directly tied to player effort, choices and progression.

I think it would be great to have a simple modification that works for each primitive tool and weapon...like a duct tape wrap for the grip. The trader could give you the recipe as part of the reward for for finding him. Then it could be crafted and added to your primitive weapons for a slight stat boost and a nice tutorial on how mods work. 

• Like 5

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, madmole said:

Eventually (A20) we want to put in a game and loot slider in so you can have enemies get harder faster or slower, and loot get better faster or slower so .

An option slider would be awesome here.

There can never be too may option sliders, in a seperate “advanced settings” page.  

I do like when enemies, and friendlies, get HARDER, FASTER. 

Edited by SnowDog1942 (see edit history)

46 minutes ago, Roland said:

I think it would be great to have a simple modification that works for each primitive tool and weapon...like a duct tape wrap for the grip. The trader could give you the recipe as part of the reward for for finding him. Then it could be crafted and added to your primitive weapons for a slight stat boost and a nice tutorial on how mods work. 

I'd much rather just be able to craft low-tier mods from the beginning. Gate them behind semi-rare resources, not recipes.

@madmole How strongly does location effect gamestage? Like if I'm at the point where I'm seeing orange pistols in the forest, what would I be seeing in a wastelend city?

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, Roland said:

I like this idea. There could be a mini quest to craft and install the mod.

Edited by CarlCastello
Typo (see edit history)

59 minutes ago, Roland said:

Dont get me started now...lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, MechanicalLens said:

This sounds pretty identical to what I've been silently asking for a couple years now, so yay to this! :D

So how did your first horde night or two go? (Gun wise, ammo wise; were you forced to use the blunderbuss? Is ammo less common in loot, including early game?)

What happened to not wanting spoilers, you keep asking for them?😜

On 5/19/2020 at 4:05 AM, PandaTea said:

my dear develper!!!

why not use unity ECS system to optimize this game,the ecs can prevent the large amount of zombies to break the player`s fps.

why not change the astar to the bstar?bstar is much faster than the astar,and i think the players doesn`t want the zombies become too clever.bstar is enough for the zombies.

after all,the game is a good work!

The last time I looked at ECS, It seemed like a complete pain in the butt to use and would require a lot of rewriting of our code. Unity needs to do better than that. I don't want to jump through their hoops. Just like IL2CPP does not work in editor and requires extra build steps. Other engines are doing it better.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Trankitas said:

@faatal I just wanted to know what are you working on right now. 😇

Im 100 percent certain he just finished improving zombie reach in peer to peer games.

Right faatal? :)

Edited by SnowDog1942 (see edit history)

14 minutes ago, SnowDog1942 said:

Im 100 percent certain he just finished improving zombie reach in peer to peer games.

Right faatal? :)

Yes they can now hit you from .... behind....🤔

2 hours ago, SnowDog1942 said:

An option slider would be awesome here.
There can never be too may option sliders, in a seperate “advanced settings” page.

spacer.png

😵

12 hours ago, MechanicalLens said:

the Stripper?

Pretty sure they said they are taking her out =(

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Khalagar said:

welp… instant uninstall as soon as its official.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Khalagar said:

she is going to have a dress or something. i hope she will be like a business woman.....

Spoiler

OR A HOOKER!

RIP all those 8 year olds that got the game cuz Zombie titties sounds like me!

Edited by Adam the Waster (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

44 minutes ago, Laz Man said:

Yes they can now hit you from .... behind....🤔

I enjoy hitting from behind.

I love what I'm seeing in twitter everything looks so much better and improved smashing job @TFP

1 minute ago, Adam the Waster said:

she is going to have a dress or something. 

RIP all those 8 year olds that got the game cuz Zombie titties sounds like me!

Lol

Just now, MechanicalLens said:

but I'll be glad to see the Stripper removed or "removed" from the game.)

you no good preacher :)

• Haha 1