Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

9 minutes ago, hiemfire said:

So an AR 10... Look it up.

Its baced on the AR-10 platform but it isnt completely the same beast. 

Search Ar-10 then search R11 rsass you will see how the upper receiver, handguard and the chargeing handle is the exact same as the marksman rifle.

The Ar-10 is just a beefed up ar15 really. And its charging handle is in the middle of the receiver, which isnt what the marksman rifle looks like. Tho you think what ya wana think, im just saying how it is....

This isnt the place to go back and fourth about what gun it is.

I hope there won't be a streamers week/month only before A19 release, especially in these difficult times where we are stuck in homes ,waiting for this so we wouldn't go insane in quarantine.

1 hour ago, Nakz said:

I hope there won't be a streamers week/month only before A19 release, especially in these difficult times where we are stuck in homes ,waiting for this so we wouldn't go insane in quarantine.

I think TFP should do a "Streamers Year" where we normal players skip a couple small alphas and only the streamers get to stream the new versions for a year or two.

27 minutes ago, Jost Amman said:

I think TFP should do a "Streamers Year" where we normal players skip a couple small alphas and only the streamers get to stream the new versions for a year or two.

Sir, that will cause massive  riots all around our flat earth. 

my dear develper!!!

why not use unity ECS system to optimize this game,the ecs can prevent the large amount of zombies to break the player`s fps.

why not change the astar to the bstar?bstar is much faster than the astar,and i think the players doesn`t want the zombies become too clever.bstar is enough for the zombies.

after all,the game is a good work!

1 hour ago, PandaTea said:

my dear develper!!!

why not use unity ECS system to optimize this game,the ecs can prevent the large amount of zombies to break the player`s fps.

why not change the astar to the bstar?bstar is much faster than the astar,and i think the players doesn`t want the zombies become too clever.bstar is enough for the zombies.

after all,the game is a good work!

I always wanted to see a star. 🙁

12 hours ago, Phoenixshade35 said:

I am also curious on some updates for how a19 is coming, i know madmole so far has not hinted at there being any big issues thus far, i hope he shares with us, maybe the alpha can be released earlier than expected

A19 release is imminent

- Ministry of Desinformation

11 hours ago, Roland said:

The good news about the no news is that Madmole is playing long term games now.  It means we are getting close....

We fully endorse this statement

-- Ministry of Desinformation 😉

3 hours ago, Sarakatunga said:

Madmole are you going to update the unity engine ??

It was updated several times already, the are already using the Linear Lighting and PBR and new fog horizon tech.

I give a break down in my news video on youtube on the Linear Lighting as best I understand it. :) (Not a Dev)

30 minutes ago, Laz Man said:

Whoa is that what RWG maps look like now? 😅

Just remember, falling off the head is different than from the leg or back...

Considering mods... Modding your game for the first time is similar to pushing through a threshold in your head (losing your virginity, intentionally or by mistake killing an animal, cheating on your lover by watching your favourite Netflix series by yourself instead of together, etc.). When you're past that threshold there's no turning back and you view the world in a completely different manner. Your eyes open to many new possibilities and you can see so many things you couldn't before, but at the same time it's so subjectively the same. It's either this or that with no middle ground and no crossing over the other way. 

But let me tell you... I'm no virgin in modding... :angel2:

22 hours ago, MajorMunchy said:

@MM Any videos?

Earlier you posted a day 21 pic. wheres the video for that??

I retired that character last night. Base was pretty cool with 3 towers and a drawbridge entrance. I can do a short walk through. We've fixed some random gen bugs and have a complete new loot overhaul with proper stone age, iron age and steel age leveled loot so I'm dying to test that out right now and looking forward to not being so OP early game or not find a purple steel pick on day 15 and ruining all looting from there forward.

Also some changes were made where the combat got too easy, so we fixed those to feel more like Alpha 18, and some stuff will be harder, like enemies won't stun lock from bullet spam and reach you and hit you.

1 minute ago, madmole said:

I retired that character last night. Base was pretty cool with 3 towers and a drawbridge entrance. I can do a short walk through. We've fixed some random gen bugs and have a complete new loot overhaul with proper stone age, iron age and steel age leveled loot so I'm dying to test that out right now and looking forward to not being so OP early game or not find a purple steel pick on day 15 and ruining all looting from there forward.

Also some changes were made where the combat got too easy, so we fixed those to feel more like Alpha 18, and some stuff will be harder, like enemies won't stun lock from bullet spam and reach you and hit you.

YES THANK YOU! I HATE JUST FINDING OP STUFF ON DAY ONE! THANK YOU!

2 minutes ago, Guppycur said:

MM, welcome back.  Um, does that mean levelled loot is back in full force again, with no chance to find good stuff at early levels?

Yes, because it makes so much sense that if you open a cabinet you only find a stone sledgehammer, whereas if I open a cabinet I find a steel one...

So.. much.. sense.. lol. 

Literally. ;)

well not like that i mean stuff like you look in a reinforced box and find a AK and a stun baton!

Also can we please get arrows/bolts in ammo piles!

42 minutes ago, Guppycur said:

Look.  My pushable shopping cart.  It works, but is definitely not production ready.  Tfp would have to assign time for someone to add an element that changed the leg animation speed to match the movement of the cart.  That's time, as madmole would say, that could be used for bandits.  Modders can get away with a little animation issue, tfp can't.  I get that.  

But, if a little animation issue is no big deal, as it is not for people who use mods, then it's a viable add. 

I'm pretty damn sure I've said no mod talk in this thread about 500 times. Its GREAT what you are doing but this is NOT the place to talk about it, or even mention it in loose conversation.

23 minutes ago, madmole said:

Wait... wut?  Stone age is back?

Honestly dude, I thought you were going to phase that out.

1 hour ago, madmole said:

It's good to hear that each play-through helps refine, balance and prepare A19 for a better release.

But please, try to compromise and pack A19 up as soon as it's ready for (at least) an EXP release.

You can still fix the details later while we'll be playing on that branch...

Thanks so much! 👍

@Guppycur: sorry, can't reply here anymore... I'll just quickly say that modlets are ok but mods not so much. Tks

Archived