Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

5 hours ago, FileMachete said:

@Gazz, you've kind of taken on the mantle of, "Evil meany coder!" :biggrin1: so I'm curious...

Just _how_ many new, "special" things have you managed to sneak into A19 that us poor players are going to fall victim to? :scared:

Moi? Why would you say such a thing!

I assure you that all these things will be... exciting!

12 minutes ago, Roland said:

All the zed replacements they've shown are already in A19. Whether there will be more or not depends on time.

ill wait for the Unfrozen Lumberjack! I hope that will come to A19 or at least A20!

so i can move in and see different zombies in the snow rather then ENDLESS LUMBERJACKS! i probably killed the whole population of NYC in terms of Lumberjacks!  I WANT MAPLE SYRUP!

1 hour ago, Roland said:

Whenever you take damage your chance to receive a critical hit grows and at some point you will fall victim to a critical hit which will give you one of the debuffs

@Roland, excellent write-up & appreciated. But could you clarify this bit ^

It can be read as every single hit taken by player will increase their chance to 'win' a debuff; even if they only take say 1 hit per day... is that right?

Just now, Gazz said:

Moi? Why would you say such a thing!

I assure you that all these things will be... exciting!

ohh lordy! we're doooommed!! :loco:

13 minutes ago, Roland said:

All the zed replacements they've shown are already in A19. Whether there will be more or not depends on time.

Regardless of the new zombies that make it to A19, do you know if they have plans to replace every zombie (Including the screamer, burnt zombie, etc.) in the game overtime? Or is there a list of zombies that will not see an HD makeover, for the time being at least?

7 minutes ago, Xtrakicking said:

Regardless of the new zombies that make it to A19, do you know if they have plans to replace every zombie (Including the screamer, burnt zombie, etc.) in the game overtime? Or is there a list of zombies that will not see an HD makeover, for the time being at least?

i hope some special zombies get some TLC in terms of ability 

10 minutes ago, FileMachete said:

@Roland, excellent write-up & appreciated. But could you clarify this bit ^

It can be read as every single hit taken by player will increase their chance to 'win' a debuff; even if they only take say 1 hit per day... is that right?

You take some damage and your % of receiving a critical hit goes up. I'm not sure of the actual amount and that is being fine tuned currently so its in flux but lets say 10%. Every second 1% of that drains away. So two hits in quick succession will get you up to a 20% chance on the next hit. But after 20 seconds it will be back to zero.

Again, this is the general idea. Actual percentages and recovery rates may vary depending on how testing and tuning goes.

14 minutes ago, Xtrakicking said:

It just depends on what they consider gold worthy. In my opinion, the new ones are so much better than the current ones that they will probably replace any and all that they want to keep and cut the rest. I doubt any of the current zombies will be in the final release version as they are. I don't know the cut list. 

6 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

money is hard to come by now. you gotta do what you gotta to do!

Snowdog is not bothered by such base instincts as the desire for money.

He's bothered by entirely different base instincts.

21 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

man wheres the News? it could be a New spoon melee weapon!

I am also curious on some updates for how a19 is coming, i know madmole so far has not hinted at there being any big issues thus far, i hope he shares with us, maybe the alpha can be released earlier than expected

2 minutes ago, Phoenixshade35 said:

I am also curious on some updates for how a19 is coming, i know madmole so far has not hinted at there being any big issues thus far, i hope he shares with us, maybe the alpha can be released earlier than expected

while i believe that good things take time! iv played the @%$*#! out of A18 and iv played almost every other game i had. A19 would be Very Summer treat! but say it with me!  "Its done when its done"

1 minute ago, Adam the Waster said:

while i believe that good things take time! iv played the @%$*#! out of A18 and iv played almost every other game i had. A19 would be Very Summer treat! but say it with me!  "Its done when its done"

Oh i know its done when its done, but imagine how shocking it would be if they released it before summer cause it worked that well, im curious how my computer will handle it now, right now i gotta turn the textures down to half to keep 60fps but thats fine by me, i can't wait to see the overhaul on the wight, not gonna lie, imagine seeing different wights coming at you with different clothes on, guts hanging out of the stomach still, and the naked ones are the oldest and strongest lol

1 hour ago, Phoenixshade35 said:

The good news about the no news is that Madmole is playing long term games now.  It means we are getting close....

5 hours ago, BobbyLee298 said:

Its the Remington R11 RSASS.......

It's an artist's impression of whatever bundle of guns were choosen as examples at the time.

That's why for the longest time our regular smg had been an MP5SD that had no actual suppressor. 😃

• Roland locked this topic
  • Roland unlocked this topic
  • Roland locked and unpinned this topic

Archived