Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

6 hours ago, Kanaan Brood said:

Mr. Mole sir: Any chance for a flame trap or turret? I enjoy burning zombies to death.

We have a flame trap modeled ages ago. It just needs a design and some programmer time. Perhaps A20.

6 hours ago, canadianbluebeer said:

This is very welcome news.

So no getting eaten by kitty cats, mutated mutts, or coyotes/vultures.

Just worry about  the big bad wolf, Yogi, and porky. (well, porky only if you hit first)

:)

Zombie dogs spawn in the burnt forest, but they are pretty easy to kill these days. I got pretty close to a bear and he didn't attack me.

37 minutes ago, madmole said:

Zombie dogs spawn in the burnt forest, but they are pretty easy to kill these days. I got pretty close to a bear and he didn't attack me.

Burnt forest needs burning zombie dogs. Reskin them like the burning zeds, add a chance of catching fire when they bite you, and toss some spark particles on them and call them done. ;)

4 minutes ago, Gareee said:

Burnt forest needs burning zombie dogs. Reskin them like the burning zeds, add a chance of catching fire when they bite you, and toss some spark particles on them and call them done. ;)

Hell no, the Crispy people are bad enough!

but i hope a new dog model will come, like A20

I can't wait to see other zombie animals enter the game, i mean sure we got the dog, bear and vulture, but i wouldn't mind seeing a zombie buck, zombie wolves and maybe even a zombie mountain lion, that would be bad @%$*#! and awesome for variety.  Only other think i would love to see one day, i may add it to the modders forum, is skins for the guns, so in the paint slot you can add the skin of a gun and change how it looks overall without changing specs, like having a skin for the pistol that makes it look like a lugar as an example, mainly for fun and personal customization lol

5 minutes ago, Phoenixshade35 said:

I can't wait to see other zombie animals enter the game, i mean sure we got the dog, bear and vulture, but i wouldn't mind seeing a zombie buck, zombie wolves and maybe even a zombie mountain lion, that would be bad @%$*#! and awesome for variety.  Only other think i would love to see one day, i may add it to the modders forum, is skins for the guns, so in the paint slot you can add the skin of a gun and change how it looks overall without changing specs, like having a skin for the pistol that makes it look like a lugar as an example, mainly for fun and personal customization lol

that would be cool! but nothing can beat "the Fun pimps touch" 

but back when the News was blowing up about "zombie deer" but it was just a diseases for deers. i imagined that TFP would add zombie deer cuz of that lol.

Zombies wolfs? Ehh would be cool but thats kinda what a dog is 

Mountain lion?  Sure! i rarely see them due to them spawning in only one Biome (still makes no SENSE!) and im waiting for the unfrozen lumberjacks to start living in the Snow. (kinda sucks to see endless lumberjacks!)

24 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

that would be cool! but nothing can beat "the Fun pimps touch" 

but back when the News was blowing up about "zombie deer" but it was just a diseases for deers. i imagined that TFP would add zombie deer cuz of that lol.

Zombies wolfs? Ehh would be cool but thats kinda what a dog is 

Mountain lion?  Sure! i rarely see them due to them spawning in only one Biome (still makes no SENSE!) and im waiting for the unfrozen lumberjacks to start living in the Snow. (kinda sucks to see endless lumberjacks!)

The pimps are great at what they do, definitely agree there, though another thought came to mind, given we are getting little robot companions, i wonder if tesla towers, like in good old command and conquer could be a thing for defence, the electric fence is cool and all but seeing a bolt of lighting streak out and fry a zombie, that would be something to see

16 minutes ago, TSBX said:

I'm digging the face on the business end of the sledge turret, and that's one nice sunset.

Yeah I want another one and more perks so I can smash them from both angles when they come to my door.  What a great horde night, I nearly ran out of bullets  and had to repair for a bit instead of kill. I need to get some traps going for the next horde this guy is INT so his damage capabilities are weak and zero firearm perks. I haven't even found a junk turret yet but I got the drone recipe but no mats to craft it yet.

5 minutes ago, DarlingCows said:

Is that a double sided axe I see in the tool bar? 

Yes that is the new steel battle axe. I love it, its making my baton not so exciting. I perked into STR for mining so its pretty badass.

22 hours ago, FileMachete said:

Yes please! :)

shush! it's story time! :biggrin1:  (maybe we'll get to hear the one about when DaVega was a roadie with The Rolling Stones!!) :pound::peep:

Well.. There was this time that daddy rock and mommy rock reeeeaaallly loved each other.

And that's how baby rocks are born!

13 hours ago, Adam the Waster said:

it better not be about sand!

Angry Sand Noises Sand People GIF - AngrySandNoises Angry ...

Sand is like mini rocks!

1 hour ago, madmole said:

My base and a couple of A19 screens

+ points for the ramparts looks on your horde base.  I love it. :) 

Having ole sledgy at the door sounds like a good use.  Will have to give that a try. 

25 minutes ago, Laz Man said:

+ points for the ramparts looks on your horde base.  I love it. :) 

Having ole sledgy at the door sounds like a good use.  Will have to give that a try. 

Still... They aren't the functional ramparts you'd expect from a "castle"... No holes for shooting down or pouring molten iron ;) 

11 hours ago, madmole said:

True, but there are vultures in the burnt forest as well. (batting practice time)

Starting in normal forest will be nice, as it should give us a chance to get a few things to survive.

Kinda stinks when a cat/coyote eats you as soon as you get the run to the trader quest, and you barely go 100m.

oops. mumble. drat. oh well, not far from the bedroll. heh.

Used to be the dogs were a real worry. Now, it's more "bad dog! no biscuit! *punch*"   :)

(and dogs are hilarious on pathing/jumping to a 1 block wide walkway. they fall down a lot. giggle)

Looking forward to seeing what new surprises y'all have tucked away for us.

6 hours ago, madmole said:

Yeah I want another one and more perks so I can smash them from both angles when they come to my door.  What a great horde night, I nearly ran out of bullets  and had to repair for a bit instead of kill. I need to get some traps going for the next horde this guy is INT so his damage capabilities are weak and zero firearm perks. I haven't even found a junk turret yet but I got the drone recipe but no mats to craft it yet.

Any chance this will change down the line? I was thinking of a good int based weapon option and i though maybe a flamethrower if you ever made one! Could have a paint can and lighter as the tier zero weapon found in kitchens, up to something much bigger and scarier. add some weapon perks to the fireman almanac relating to the weapon too.

I cant think of many things more satisfying that roasting a horde of zombies with a flamer. 

image.png.6a78bde1f627b93664df9cffedf9ab3b.png

Will there be a hotkey to toggle this off? I think they are amazing when traveling outside and a great added feature to the game, but will be somewhat annoying and in the way when Clearing inside a POI.

13 hours ago, Phoenixshade35 said:

More undead animals would be great. However, I'm thinking that the problem is that a new zombie animal should bring something new to the table, otherwise it would be using resources for an enemy that does the same. If zombie wolves made it to the game, what would differenciate them from zombie dogs?

It would be cool to see a zombie cougar like in RDR Undead Nightmare, for example, that is faster than any other creature in the game (talking nightmare run speed) and is only found in wastelands or legendary item locations. A zombie bull would be another idea, that could be a substitute for "Grace", and have a charge attack.

spacer.pngspacer.png

Archived