Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

16 hours ago, Star69 said:

@MM or Roland.......on your post about your A19 testing you both mentioned it is tougher to get or keep your health at 100% due to changes on how you heal injuries. My question is, with those changes are the vultures attacking more or was their attacking people with less than 100% health nerfed? Early game those vultures can be nasty.

I can't confirm this 100%, but our plan for A20 (might have happened already) is to only spawn in the forest(s) which have no vultures. So it is impossible to encounter a vulture unless you cross the border which is not where your trader is, etc.

10 hours ago, mr.devolver said:

I was just wondering as you didn't explicitly state which part of that idea exactly you liked and it wasn't really clear as that buff was a part of the suggestion you replied to, not something I made up myself and certainly not an intentional "LBD sneak attack", so getting a "poop" reaction for asking a question is a thing now, well I guess that next time I will have to be more careful about what kind of questions I ask and who I address those questions to.

Posting on the forums is like drinking in the game.  You have to be careful what you drink or you might get dysentary...😆

20 minutes ago, Operator_Death said:

Looking forward to A19. The changes look amazing. Already planning my base, etc... 

Have any optimization been done beyond what A18 has done? Will any new traps appear in A19? 

Robotic Sledge is like a trap. I put mine in front of my door where the zombies were trying to attack and it punched them down making them easy targets while they were flattened out and kept them from beating on my door unless there was more than one. Worked quite well.

58 minutes ago, Laz Man said:

Posting on the forums is like drinking in the game.  You have to be careful what you drink or you might get dysentary...😆

So true, it's even called "poop attacks" in buffs.xml and I already got two icons up there. I guess this is an early alpha though, because there's no goldenrod tea to cure it.

1 hour ago, madmole said:

I can't confirm this 100%, but our plan for A20 (might have happened already) is to only spawn in the forest(s) which have no vultures. So it is impossible to encounter a vulture unless you cross the border which is not where your trader is, etc.

This is very welcome news.

So no getting eaten by kitty cats, mutated mutts, or coyotes/vultures.

Just worry about  the big bad wolf, Yogi, and porky. (well, porky only if you hit first)

:)

1 hour ago, madmole said:

Could there be a possibility for that to depend on difficulty level that we choose when start a new map ?

If our choice is harder difficulty level, we could take the risk to spawn in random biomes.

Before my comment, some context: This game is great, I love it, and I'm proud of The Pimps and glad they put so much work into 7DTD.

I'm a little worried that added features like the candy and changing how weapons compare on a fundamental level (adding "tiers") is keeping the game from moving forward in terms of balance and gameplay. I think that the game is complete enough when it comes to existing weapons, consumables, and skills. I think if these aspects of the game were called feature complete now then they could be balanced and polished by the end of the year, and the game officially released much sooner.

Anyway, keep on trucking, TFP, and thanks for your hard work. Can't wait to see what the game has become at 1.0.

15 minutes ago, dcsobral said:

Sheesh, I've been browsing this topic for some kind of news but it's all dried up! What happened? Madmole rage quit? 😃

Yes, he started pumpkin farming as a way to feed his family. Roland took over the company and will convert "7 Days to Die" into an educational game to teach mathematics to small children.

17 minutes ago, meganoth said:

Yes, he started pumpkin farming as a way to feed his family. Roland took over the company and will convert "7 Days to Die" into an educational game to teach mathematics to small children.

to kill zombies you must do a Mathematical question 

You vs Feral wight

Whats 347 x 2888888 - 1000000000000000000000? Umm 2? NO!

Died 

1 minute ago, CrazyCelt said:

I don't know if road signs in Random Gen are on the horizon, but in case they are, might I suggest "Gnashville" as a candidate?

i don't think that would happen but Billboards would be cool! For like Shamway, SM, Crack a book, Pop an Pills, ETC

plus name the towns you're self, Like Datmot mot Vill, Basement town, Meth trailer ETC! 

We are already killing the zombies with math. Its just that TFP already did all the math for us before-hand. All the key presses are just macros for completing math problems super fast to kill entire hordes. Please feel free to call up Gazz before your next math test. Just mind the time difference.

7 minutes ago, Roland said:

We are already killing the zombies with math. Its just that TFP already did all the math for us before-hand. All the key presses are just macros for completing math problems super fast to kill entire hordes. Please feel free to call up Gazz before your next math test. Just mind the time difference.

<runs away before forums stop again>

• Roland locked this topic
  • Roland unlocked this topic
  • Roland locked and unpinned this topic

Archived