Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

4 hours ago, Guppycur said:

Yes.

You all gotta love Guppy's exhaustive replies. :lol:

1 hour ago, Odetta said:

I'm thinking a tiny hot air balloon with a tiny trader joel in it. Portable trader lol.  

A19 looks to be shaping up nicely.

This is actually a pretty cool idea.

I was thinking overnight of a new quest that could be done, might be hard to implement though, what if we had a quest that had us go to a weapons cache, but it is a bunker with only hazmat and military zombies inside, but the payoff is worth it, i would say we could have the bunker spawn with the quest instead of using a premade poi, it wouldn't be a bad idea, what does everyone think?

1 hour ago, Phoenixshade35 said:

I was thinking overnight of a new quest that could be done, might be hard to implement though, what if we had a quest that had us go to a weapons cache, but it is a bunker with only hazmat and military zombies inside, but the payoff is worth it, i would say we could have the bunker spawn with the quest instead of using a premade poi, it wouldn't be a bad idea, what does everyone think?

Basically is what you already get from Military POIs, what would be so different about that being a quest?

@MM or Roland.......on your post about your A19 testing you both mentioned it is tougher to get or keep your health at 100% due to changes on how you heal injuries. My question is, with those changes are the vultures attacking more or was their attacking people with less than 100% health nerfed? Early game those vultures can be nasty.

On 11/26/2019 at 9:16 AM, madmole said:

All weapon types will have 3 tiers. (eg: Wood Club --> Baseball Bat --> Steel Mace) Each weapon still has 6 quality levels.

I'm curious what the rifle will be and where it'd land in the tiering.

2 hours ago, Jost Amman said:

Basically is what you already get from Military POIs, what would be so different about that being a quest?

as a quest from the trader that spawns a hidden poi in an area that was not there before, and its an extra hard dungeon unlike any in the game, even the missile silo, thats what i would want

Just now, Adam the Waster said:

AK47 Tier 1, Tactical assault Rifle (AKA M4A1) Tier 2, M60 Tier 3

I'm aware of the Tier 2 machine gun. I'm curious about what is going to be added to the rifle line. Currently the line is Hunting Rifle and Marksman Rifle.

11 hours ago, meganoth said:

Are you sure it is autoinclude (as you imply because of better loot) ? In one of the A17s it was nerfed well enough to make it nice but not essential

Personally I think it is autoinclude, but not because of the loot bonus but because of the loot speed bonus. It saves so much time (subjectively) and looting feels like a chore without it.

Lets say you have LL3, that saves 40% time per loot attempt. A T3 POI I just counted now had 72 lootable containers, unskilled taking about .8 to 1 second to loot. SP the average player might go through such a POI in about 10 to 20 minutes, LL3 saves you about 30-35 seconds useless waiting. Which isn't that much objectively. But subjectively it feels as essential as a minibike/motorbike for moving around the map.

A good problem to have for the player.  Faster looting?  Or perk into crafting a bicycle to move around the map faster.  Both have trade offs.

5 hours ago, Phoenixshade35 said:

Yes.

4 hours ago, Star69 said:

@MM or Roland.......on your post about your A19 testing you both mentioned it is tougher to get or keep your health at 100% due to changes on how you heal injuries. My question is, with those changes are the vultures attacking more or was their attacking people with less than 100% health nerfed? Early game those vultures can be nasty.

Vultures are the same so far-- no nerf to their behavior or attacks that I can see. I was jumping at shadows to be sure. :) However, I was also sticking to the forest biome and vultures are pretty rare there as wilderness spawns.

12 minutes ago, Roland said:

Vultures are the same so far-- no nerf to their behavior or attacks that I can see. I was jumping at shadows to be sure. :) However, I was also sticking to the forest biome and vultures are pretty rare there as wilderness spawns.

I don't mind the vultures so far, they are annoying to be sure, but easy enough to deal with, one question for you Roland, have the pimps ever thought about a kind of diary system, like the notes, where when you kill a certain amount of zombies of a certain type your character writes about them, just as something neat and fun without adding anything, except maybe a small buff against that certain zombie depending on the amounts defeated?

1 hour ago, Phoenixshade35 said:

I don't mind the vultures so far, they are annoying to be sure, but easy enough to deal with, one question for you Roland, have the pimps ever thought about a kind of diary system, like the notes, where when you kill a certain amount of zombies of a certain type your character writes about them, just as something neat and fun without adding anything, except maybe a small buff against that certain zombie depending on the amounts defeated?

That's a cool idea but no, I haven't heard anything like that. So far the in-game journal is only for @Gazz to write to us exactly how to do things and for us to completely ignore and then ask here how to do those things. ;)

21 minutes ago, Roland said:

That's a cool idea but no, I haven't heard anything like that. So far the in-game journal is only for Gazz to write to us exactly how to do things and for us to completely ignore and then ask here how to do those things. ;)

I hope maybe one day it could be a thing, then the higher difficulties wont feel so bullet spongy, i kinda remembered it from playing bioshock recently and when you snap enemies photos enough you eventually get a boost against certain ones, either overall damage or certain weapons deal more damage, could be an idea for a new series of books, could call them zombie slayers guide to (enter zombies type here) and if all are collected you get something neat for the effort, even maybe clothes to look like said zed

18 minutes ago, Roland said:

That's a cool idea

Did you just say you like the concept of LBD? Because his idea of having some small buff against the types of enemies the player kills depending on how many of them the player would kill is exactly one of the possible implementations of "Learn By Doing" concept.

33 minutes ago, mr.devolver said:

Did you just say you like the concept of LBD? Because his idea of having some small buff against the types of enemies the player kills depending on how many of them the player would kill is exactly one of the possible implementations of "Learn By Doing" concept.

Heh... What I thought was cool was the journal tracking and listing out the stats of the particular types and numbers of zombies killed.

Really, I was just excited to poke fun at @Gazz and all the unrequited work he has done on the journals and that blinded me to any LBD sneak attack. :)

34 minutes ago, Roland said:

Heh... What I thought was cool was the journal tracking and listing out the stats of the particular types and numbers of zombies killed.

Really, I was just excited to poke fun at @Gazz and all the unrequited work he has done on the journals and that blinded me to any LBD sneak attack. :)

I was just wondering as you didn't explicitly state which part of that idea exactly you liked and it wasn't really clear as that buff was a part of the suggestion you replied to, not something I made up myself and certainly not an intentional "LBD sneak attack", so getting a "poop" reaction for asking a question is a thing now, well I guess that next time I will have to be more careful about what kind of questions I ask and who I address those questions to.

36 minutes ago, mr.devolver said:

I was just wondering as you didn't explicitly state which part of that idea exactly you liked and it wasn't really clear as that buff was a part of the suggestion you replied to, not something I made up myself and certainly not an intentional "LBD sneak attack", so getting a "poop" reaction for asking a question is a thing now, well I guess that next time I will have to be more careful about what kind of questions I ask and who I address those questions to.

The poop reaction is not negative rep, just so you know. I'm just joking around and I'm sorry if that wasn't apparent.  I didn't see your post as a gotcha against me. My referring to it as a sneak attack was simply poking fun at myself for not seeing what you did-- that tracking zombie kills and granting an advantage based on that is a form of LBD.

I'm not mad and the poop icon wasn't meant to be mean. I can take it back and exchange it for flowers. Those don't affect reputation either. ;)

54 minutes ago, DaVegaNL said:

Anybody wanna hear a tale about a rock?

Yes please! :)

17 minutes ago, Gazz said:

Way to silence the room! =P

shush! it's story time! :biggrin1:  (maybe we'll get to hear the one about when DaVega was a roadie with The Rolling Stones!!) :pound::peep:

• Roland locked this topic
  • Roland unlocked this topic
  • Roland locked and unpinned this topic

Archived