Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

22 minutes ago, Guppycur said:

Same.  Make water dangerous.

Id kinda like it if in shallow water areas of the game, or water areas in general that more snakes would appear and swim after you, that could be fun, easy to counter but still add to water dangers haha

I'm starting to feel the need for an A19 fix guys. 😐

I almost always played vanilla (since A7 I think), but after so much time in A18 I thought I could keep the interest/novelty up with mods and I decided to take a chance and downloaded Ravenhearst... well, no offense to the authors, the mod has a lot of content and I see a lot of effort went into it. It is "well done". But tt's just not my cup of tea. For me it's a chore fest and we're back to sticks and grinding. I also prefer the current vanilla perk tree (mostly). Maybe I'm irrevocably stuck into 7D2D vanilla, I don't know. I like how TFP put everything you need to have fun in the game and still keep it simple and straightforward enough. Or maybe I'm just a dumb ass who can't dig complicated stuff lol

So guys @TFP: HURRY UP!!

We need an A19 experimental soon!! 😬

2 hours ago, Jost Amman said:

I'm starting to feel the need for an A19 fix guys. 😐

I almost always played vanilla (since A7 I think), but after so much time in A18 I thought I could keep the interest/novelty up with mods and I decided to take a chance and downloaded Ravenhearst... well, no offense to the authors, the mod has a lot of content and I see a lot of effort went into it. It is "well done". But tt's just not my cup of tea. For me it's a chore fest and we're back to sticks and grinding. I also prefer the current vanilla perk tree (mostly). Maybe I'm irrevocably stuck into 7D2D vanilla, I don't know. I like how TFP put everything you need to have fun in the game and still keep it simple and straightforward enough. Or maybe I'm just a dumb ass who can't dig complicated stuff lol

So guys @TFP: HURRY UP!!

We need an A19 experimental soon!! 😬

No offense taken at all, RH was designed by veteran players and its intended purpose is to give other fans of older alphas their fix while still honoring some of the newer alphas additions and improvements. Sticks, molds, irrigation, LBD all live and breathe in an A18 environment. 

Also we like to think we fill a niche for players who want a slower longer more survival oriented gameplay style. Let Pimps do their thing while avoiding some of the more routine requests for things to come back. 

5 hours ago, Roland said:

I'm telling you that the telemetry and analytics TFP uses is very next gen...

Yeah, telepathymetry (patent pending) ....

3 hours ago, Roland said:

And suspenseful. 

If water view distance turns to 4 meters, there better be JAWS the movie themed dynamic music when the zombies get close lol...

3 hours ago, JaxTeller718 said:

No offense taken at all, RH was designed by veteran players and its intended purpose is to give other fans of older alphas their fix while still honoring some of the newer alphas additions and improvements. Sticks, molds, irrigation, LBD all live and breathe in an A18 environment. 

Also we like to think we fill a niche for players who want a slower longer more survival oriented gameplay style. Let Pimps do their thing while avoiding some of the more routine requests for things to come back. 

And that's what mods are for.

The vanilla game can not, will not, and does not want to only cater to players with 1000+ hours played.

Modders get more toys to play with every alpha - even ones that are not actually used in the vanilla game - so everyone wins.

8 minutes ago, Gazz said:

The vanilla game can not, will not, and does not want to only cater to players with 1000+ hours played.

Modders get more toys to play with every alpha - even ones that are not actually used in the vanilla game - so everyone wins.

Exactly, what has kept Skyrim alive for nearly a decade? Mods that were not and will not ever be in the vanilla game itself. 7DTD is going to be a similar story. Thousands of vanilla hours couple with thousands of modded hours. I've still not touched a mod for this game yet with over 900 hours in it.

57 minutes ago, Gazz said:

Anything new for 19 you can disclose? I love reading about new ways to rewire things. :)

Im curious if this was talked about, i know looting is a big part of the game, and the quests respawning pois is great, but i wouldn't mind an option where the loot doesn't respawn on a trader quest, it would make exploring and crafting a little more of a concept again, admittedly i generally don't craft much at all thanks to the quests respawning loot, i think it would make for a good advanced option for some more challenging gameplay, then all u can rely on is the trader reward, food for thought lol, i like thinking of challenging ways in the game, without removing the core element itself lol.

28 minutes ago, Phoenixshade35 said:

Im curious if this was talked about, i know looting is a big part of the game, and the quests respawning pois is great, but i wouldn't mind an option where the loot doesn't respawn on a trader quest, it would make exploring and crafting a little more of a concept again, admittedly i generally don't craft much at all thanks to the quests respawning loot, i think it would make for a good advanced option for some more challenging gameplay, then all u can rely on is the trader reward, food for thought lol, i like thinking of challenging ways in the game, without removing the core element itself lol.

MM stated he is not having settling turn in to Ark, which I am glad to hear. It is interesting idea. Wont say go mod it, as would need program code change. Probly want to go to mod thread and see if any that do change code are interested in trying it.

5 hours ago, TSBX said:

Anything new for 19 you can disclose? I love reading about new ways to rewire things. :)

Honestly it's hard to keep track. A lot of fiddly bits have been rewired but most players will notice none of that. Other than some old "features" no longer working.

There is some but other than the junk drone this is not an alpha with big new systems that the player would directly interact with.

4 hours ago, Gazz said:

Honestly it's hard to keep track. A lot of fiddly bits have been rewired but most players will notice none of that. Other than some old "features" no longer working.

There is some but other than the junk drone this is not an alpha with big new systems that the player would directly interact with.

Hey Gazz, I tried to ask about this a few days ago but no one replied... I was curious to know if the loot tables have been heavily (or at all) rebalanced for A19 since we'll find new stuff in loot, like the new weapons and candies. You know better than me that the more stuff you add, the more difficult it'll be to find anything specific while looting... it's like trying to get (e.g.) 7 on a 1-12 throw of dice, or trying to have 7 on 1-100 throw (it's much more difficult!).

Oh, and BTW, will candies be in loot or are they only found in vending machines?

22 hours ago, khzmusik said:

I would be cool if the water's "murkiness" depended upon biome. You would expect a clearer lake in the forest or snow biomes than the wasteland.

And depth.

On 5/9/2020 at 10:51 AM, FileMachete said:

I just ran a Tier 3 quest at the semi spooky house where you climb up the trellis & enter from the roofs Captain walk. House has a number of body bags/gore blocks.

Basement has an area where the floor has been removed and when you enter there are 4-5 zeds sitting on the coffins recessed into the dirt.

They aren't in the coffins & then breaking out of them, but the effect can certainly come across as if they are... <shrug>

I was thinking of that one too.  I remember that basementbut can't remember what the hosue looks like on the outside... 

43 minutes ago, Tahaan said:

I was thinking of that one too.  I remember that basementbut can't remember what the hosue looks like on the outside...

I think it's the one named "house_old_mansard_02" , at least the jpg in ...\7 Days To Die\Data\Prefabs by that name looks right?

I am just thinking about the lucky looter... loot is so important and I don´t like it if a skill is a autoinclude.

Now if there was no such skill, and we want to buff looting with raising level, could it be with the other skills?

like more (better) shotgun ammo and shotguns with the shotgun skill, more food with masterchef etc.

3 hours ago, SittingDuck said:

I am just thinking about the lucky looter... loot is so important and I don´t like it if a skill is a autoinclude.

Now if there was no such skill, and we want to buff looting with raising level, could it be with the other skills?

like more (better) shotgun ammo and shotguns with the shotgun skill, more food with masterchef etc.

Are you sure it is autoinclude (as you imply because of better loot) ? In one of the A17s it was nerfed well enough to make it nice but not essential

Personally I think it is autoinclude, but not because of the loot bonus but because of the loot speed bonus. It saves so much time (subjectively) and looting feels like a chore without it.

Lets say you have LL3, that saves 40% time per loot attempt. A T3 POI I just counted now had 72 lootable containers, unskilled taking about .8 to 1 second to loot. SP the average player might go through such a POI in about 10 to 20 minutes, LL3 saves you about 30-35 seconds useless waiting. Which isn't that much objectively. But subjectively it feels as essential as a minibike/motorbike for moving around the map.

I have a question about the drones.

I know that vehicles can be created and modified to make new vehicles within mods of the game.

Will we possibly be able to do the same thing to drones?  Create new drones or perhaps even turn it into a humanoid of some kind?  

Basically I am asking that the same things we can do with vehicles in modding can they also be done to drones?

29 minutes ago, Rizzano said:

I have a question about the drones.

I know that vehicles can be created and modified to make new vehicles within mods of the game.

Will we possibly be able to do the same thing to drones?  Create new drones or perhaps even turn it into a humanoid of some kind?  

Basically I am asking that the same things we can do with vehicles in modding can they also be done to drones?

Yes.

4 hours ago, meganoth said:

Are you sure it is autoinclude (as you imply because of better loot) ? In one of the A17s it was nerfed well enough to make it nice but not essential

Personally I think it is autoinclude, but not because of the loot bonus but because of the loot speed bonus. It saves so much time (subjectively) and looting feels like a chore without it.

Lets say you have LL3, that saves 40% time per loot attempt. A T3 POI I just counted now had 72 lootable containers, unskilled taking about .8 to 1 second to loot. SP the average player might go through such a POI in about 10 to 20 minutes, LL3 saves you about 30-35 seconds useless waiting. Which isn't that much objectively. But subjectively it feels as essential as a minibike/motorbike for moving around the map.

Yes it´s pretty much a autoinclude I think, perhaps not full level but 3 or so is just too good to pass... and you find the recepts for vehicles more likely... and for food etc.

• Roland locked this topic
  • Roland unlocked this topic
  • Roland locked and unpinned this topic

Archived