Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

1 hour ago, Blake_ said:

You need to try a T4, T5 with clear in it for it to happen apparently.  Lower tiers should also bug out, but due to the small amount of Zds, that case probably won't happen.

64 Zds horde and T5 should directly result in the unspawning/non spawning of sleeper Zds. That said, I haven't tested it for a looooong time.

Nevertheless, I would put the horde night on hold until after the quest is done (and make it an option in the start settings). Even random events should be finely timed to certain quest progression moments for certain quest sizes. That is not a19 talk though.

If im in the middle of mining and horde night is supposed to come can it be delayed so I have a choice to keep mining?

A20 pls kthx

11 hours ago, madmole said:

LOL I don't know what dream state you live in, but around here visibility is 6" or less. I've only been to a few lakes that have sand bottoms that have decent visibility and that is maybe 4 to 6 feet at max is what I consider a nice clear lake.

Deadlakes at Mount Rainier in Washington has water so clear you can see all the fallen trees at the bottom throughout the whole lake.

23C33BF7-2C6F-489C-9818-FE2C07943A71.jpeg

3 hours ago, Blake_ said:

You need to try a T4, T5 with clear in it for it to happen apparently.  Lower tiers should also bug out, but due to the small amount of Zds, that case probably won't happen.

64 Zds horde and T5 should directly result in the unspawning/non spawning of sleeper Zds. That said, I haven't tested it for a looooong time.

Nevertheless, I would put the horde night on hold until after the quest is done (and make it an option in the start settings). Even random events should be finely timed to certain quest progression moments for certain quest sizes. That is not a19 talk though.

I know this sounds crazy but you COULD.... plan out your questing? Since you're already saying rando BM is  not something a noob would do then getting caught out on horde night in the middle of a t5 is 100 percent on you.

2 hours ago, falloutcloud said:

Deadlakes at Mount Rainier in Washington has water so clear you can see all the fallen trees at the bottom throughout the whole lake.

23C33BF7-2C6F-489C-9818-FE2C07943A71.jpeg

Well I'd vote for a murky 4 meter visibility at most.

4 hours ago, Laz Man said:

Not sure if your just trolling at this point...

There is a function to not interrupt the player with blood moons.  It's called turning them off lol...

Worse things would happen if they tried to programmatically make them not interrupt each other.  For example, exploits.  Want to skip horde night? Let's start a quest, yay!!!

Thank god for the telemetry software...then the devs can see what are edge cases and not waste limited dev time on it....

I know. I'm talking about future big quests with storyline and npcs which will not be ideal to interrupt. So this gets tiresome to explain and was also a suggestion,  offtopic. 

3 hours ago, SnowDog1942 said:

If im in the middle of mining and horde night is supposed to come can it be delayed so I have a choice to keep mining?

A20 pls kthx

Nothing to do with my comment. Interrupting mining has to do with planning at does not get bugged and it's not a quest with npcs neither is it prone to failure, unlike your flirting or jokes.

I'm talking about future big quests with storyline and npcs which will not be ideal to interrupt. So this gets tiresome to explain and was also a suggestion,  offtopic. 

1 hour ago, JaxTeller718 said:

I know this sounds crazy but you COULD.... plan out your questing? Since you're already saying rando BM is  not something a noob would do then getting caught out on horde night in the middle of a t5 is 100 percent on you.

I'm talking about future big quests with storyline and npcs which will not be ideal to interrupt. So this gets tiresome to explain and was also a suggestion,  offtopic. 

On 4/30/2020 at 10:17 AM, madmole said:

I can pretty much confirm that they are not undead, I've stomped on any ideas or hope of zombies coming out of graves about 100 times around here because its cheesy af and a cheap move. We don't have skeletons running around, those are undead, undead are animated through magic.

Isn't there 2 or 3 POIs where you have zombies climbing out of graves???

On 4/30/2020 at 1:12 PM, Ralathar44 said:

I not only never said that but that's directly against my core beliefs in game development.  In general there is no such thing as too complicated to make in game development.  Only a question of resources, ROI, and budget.  The idea of "you can't do that in a game" or "you can't make that fun" are things things I push back against because gaming has proven all of those concepts wrong far too many times.

Time travel as a means to cause a recalculation of history in a sandbox.

2 Minor requests (not Pimp Dreams).

Could Bob's Boars/Carl's Corn get moved to tier IV quests? It takes way longer than a Tier III to run, which is what it is currently. It takes as long as a Tier IV to run.

Can Farm Plots get moved to the Cement Mixer? All the inputs scream Cement Mixer and it is one of the more recipe starved work stations.

58 minutes ago, Ranzera said:

Isn't there 2 or 3 POIs where you have zombies climbing out of graves???

I just ran a Tier 3 quest at the semi spooky house where you climb up the trellis & enter from the roofs Captain walk. House has a number of body bags/gore blocks.

Basement has an area where the floor has been removed and when you enter there are 4-5 zeds sitting on the coffins recessed into the dirt.

They aren't in the coffins & then breaking out of them, but the effect can certainly come across as if they are... <shrug>

5 hours ago, madmole said:

I would be cool if the water's "murkiness" depended upon biome. You would expect a clearer lake in the forest or snow biomes than the wasteland.

Hey guys,

There is any upcoming changes in looting weapons/parts because for now it's too easy to find better weapon instead of craft new one. There is no point in crafting a weapons when you spending skill points and it makes crafting more expensive and you dont' have parts for that. The game could be more interesting if player have to collect resources to get better gun than from loot.

6 hours ago, Blake_ said:

You started off this conversation by complaining about current T5 questions.  But now its not an issue until a story line quest gets put in?

On ‎5‎/‎7‎/‎2020 at 6:47 PM, Blake_ said:

Well, we don't play them because of the lenght. Starting a tier V should not trigger a horde when activated until 24 game hours after everyone can get out of the POI or fails the quest.

I'm really excited to see the more modern HD models and textures for the NPCs, tools etc..  Are we going to see similar quality updates to the player models and textures? In any case, I hope we get to start early testing A19 soon :D    fingers crossed

22 minutes ago, Snowydeath said:

Okay guys, I literally had a dream about A19 last night. Are you doing some psychic experiments without telling anyone? Cause that was too good of a dream.

I'm telling you that the telemetry and analytics TFP uses is very next gen...

1 hour ago, SnowDog1942 said:

You started off this conversation by complaining about current T5 questions.  But now its not an issue until a story line quest gets put in?

Yes. I stated that T5, T4 etc  could be too long to be fun in the current design context of the horde night and I suggested holding it back during their course for many reasons, like time (it takes a lot to complete some of them in a thorough way) and future storyline quests like those Roland and MM mentioned earlier (T6 , T4 POIs overunned by bandits, etc) 

I really don't think we should keep talking about  something that would "be nice to have" and we agree to disagree on, unless you really enjoy talking to me, "no more homo than usual" intended.

9 hours ago, madmole said:

Well, all your in game water bodies have no real vegetation in them atm. So, I am not surprised they are stagnant and murky.

😛(joking) 

• Roland locked this topic
  • Roland unlocked this topic
  • Roland locked and unpinned this topic

Archived