madmole

Alpha 19 Dev Diary

2 hours ago, Tin said:

Why not have it so, you can just pick whichever tier quest you are qualified for?

If you are only qualified for tier 1 quests? obv you can only get tier 1 quest to choose from.

If you are qualified for tier 2 quests?

You can get the tier 2 quest, plus able to choose any repeatable tier 1 quests.

You are qualified for tier 5 quests?

You can choose tier 1, tier 2, tier 3, tier 4, repeatable quest, along with the tier 5 quest.

Choose the quests you feel up to doing. Don't feel like doing the same set of tier 5 quests? choose a lower tier quest.

Because then the game wouldn't have a linear gameplay that it seems to focused on.  C'mon Tin, that's sandbox talk!  😃

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Tin said:

Why not have it so, you can just pick whichever tier quest you are qualified for?

If you are only qualified for tier 1 quests? obv you can only get tier 1 quest to choose from.

If you are qualified for tier 2 quests?

You can get the tier 2 quest, plus able to choose any repeatable tier 1 quests.

You are qualified for tier 5 quests?

You can choose tier 1, tier 2, tier 3, tier 4, repeatable quest, along with the tier 5 quest.

Choose the quests you feel up to doing. Don't feel like doing the same set of tier 5 quests? choose a lower tier quest.

I think that's what I said. It is what I meant to say. I agree with this.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Laz Man said:

Sorry, was just trying to help the guy out, I can continue through pms with him....yes yes....I know snowdog can too lol....

bahahaha i was being silly lol. sheesh wasnt serious 😛

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Roland said:

I think that's what I said. It is what I meant to say. I agree with this.

The way I read your comment was to only allow 1 tier down.  like if you are at tier 5 to only allow access to tier 4 quests.

Probably read it wrong <shrug>.

So just was adding on to include all of them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blake_ said:

Starting a tier V should not trigger a horde when activated until 24 game hours after everyone can get out of the POI or fails the quest.

this. see so much frustration in videos and streams, in the past from people losing in progress quests due to having fight a horde and either leaving the area during the course of it, or sleeper spawns choking and failing because of said horde. nothing like being 3 storeys up and suddenly your building stops spawning because of a horde, but your little blinky sleeper lights are still on the compass.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, mr.devolver said:

So this is why console gets no updates, people on consoles probably can't be spied on that easily!

On a serious note though, I wonder how much impact will this telemetry have on game performance which as we all know has been giving more headaches to many players with each new Alpha version. If for nothing else, I think for this one reason people should be able to opt-out of it.

Console games (and mobile games) can and do make use of 3rd party analytics services. Tracking game settings, options and things you do during play like looted x, died from y, reached level 15 in z hours, tells me nothing about an individual. Basically all we are looking at is graphs and charts of counts, percentages and choices for a week or month of collection.

Collecting the data takes a small amount of CPU time and memory and only gets sent every x amount of minutes. Trivial compared to all the other things the game has to do.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Blake_ said:

Well, we don't play them because of the lenght. Starting a tier V should not trigger a horde when activated until 24 game hours after everyone can get out of the POI or fails the quest.

How bout ya plan ahead and start a T5 when you have a enough time?

6 minutes ago, faatal said:

Collecting the data takes a small amount of CPU time and memory and only gets sent every x amount of minutes. Trivial compared to all the other things the game has to do.

Can it collect data on Zombie Reach on client PC's? :)

Edited by SnowDog1942 (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Zombie swim animations are in, synced up with the motion and some bugs fixed. Looking pretty good.7dtdZedSwim.thumb.jpg.d7553cbc2509f15b18a71e74b88247fd.jpg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

The only data players are afraid of being stolen is about their reckless deaths in 7 days to die. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, beerfly said:

The only data players are afraid of being stolen is about their reckless deaths in 7 days to die. 

As long as it doesnt track what I search for on Pronhub im okay.  

Posted (edited)

@faatal, are the any changes in behavior or damage that zeds do to us under water ? Awesome work on what you did so far ! 

Edited by beerfly (see edit history)

10 hours ago, FileMachete said:

Might be a nice mix-up for high lvl quests to have like a 'swarm' thing happen.

Like if the Stadium, when reset for high lvl quest, had 20 zeds in a locker room.

Something were single players might well consider building a little bunker to survive the rush.

Would potentially be fairly fast to run, need'nt rely on super complicated POI builds.

... dang it... did i do it again @Roland ... ??

You're fine :)  The only problem with the last time was that it went off the rails into full blown discussion about Empyrion so I backtracked to the best starting place I could to move it all to pimp dreams. Not really your fault-- just the way it happened. Gazz didn't help... ;) 

-- Roland

Edit: oops. hadn't read MMs reply yet.

I wouldn't mind seeing a quest like having to survive waves of zombies at ... location, could be the middle of nowhere, could be a poi, be like causing a mini horde day to happen at different areas, could be fun and totally bring tower defence to a whole new level

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, beerfly said:

@faatal, are the any changes in behavior or damage that zeds do to us under water ? Awesome work on what you did so far ! 

It is the same. Just a different way for zombies to move around.

Thx

Does water slow zombies so much as it slows players?

2 minutes ago, Gamida said:

Hope there is something that will make them faster, like if we bleed or make a sharp sound or something. 

It must be a place to die fast with the worst chance to survive. 

1 hour ago, faatal said:

Zombie swim animations are in, synced up with the motion and some bugs fixed. Looking pretty good.7dtdZedSwim.thumb.jpg.d7553cbc2509f15b18a71e74b88247fd.jpg

New wooden club looks awesome!  So does the zombie.  That will be terrifying :) YAY

The Tier 5 stuff got me thinking about how dangerous citys used to be. Any chance of that coming back at some point?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, beerfly said:

Hope there is something that will make them faster, like if we bleed or make a sharp sound or something. 

It must be a place to die fast with the worst chance to survive. 

You mean like rage mode...but in water?....😅

1 hour ago, faatal said:

Looking awesome, Just a small question @faatal are the icons going to get updated to reflect the new looking weapons and tools?

1 minute ago, Laz Man said:

You mean like rage mode...but in water?....😅

A sneaky one, sounds are dimmed down there. ,

1 hour ago, Gamida said:

Most zombies move at similar speed in water as players. Ferals are faster than non ferals. The spider zombie is very fast in water.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, faatal said:

Most zombies move at similar speed in water as players. Ferals are faster than non ferals. The spider zombie is very fast in water.

Does that warrant a name change?  SpiderFish Zombie? lol

Posted (edited)

You may think about increasing the underwater fog density later. Currently its as clear as in the tropical sea, and too easy to see those zombies then.

The visibility should be as low as only around 10 meters / 30 feet.

Edited by Damocles (see edit history)

3 hours ago, faatal said:

You Are Wet.... Indeed :)

5 minutes ago, JaxTeller718 said:

You Are Wet.... Indeed :)

Hmmmmm idk i think his game is bugged. It states he is a god in the left bottom panel lol 😕