Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

46 minutes ago, Guppys Fur said:

A missed Oppurturnity, but maybe A20.

I don't think it is a missed opportunity. I think it was a calculated prioritization. They were able to create more content that the greater part of the player base will experience instead of content that the smaller part will experience. Extended endgame content is great for post gold updates but for the gold release TFP is trying to flesh out and pack content into the first 30-50 hours of gameplay. I'm not saying they won't add some more T5 quests. With bandits they might even activate the currently dormant T6 level of questing. But their priority is getting the game to gold and having a fully fleshed out game for a solid playthrough --not counting going and redoing T5 quests twenty times. ;)

32 minutes ago, Roland said:

I don't think it is a missed opportunity. I think it was a calculated prioritization. They were able to create more content that the greater part of the player base will experience instead of content that the smaller part will experience. Extended endgame content is great for post gold updates but for the gold release TFP is trying to flesh out and pack content into the first 30-50 hours of gameplay. I'm not saying they won't add some more T5 quests. With bandits they might even activate the currently dormant T6 level of questing. But their priority is getting the game to gold and having a fully fleshed out game for a solid playthrough --not counting going and redoing T5 quests twenty times. ;)

Bandits??? T6??    KISS ME

On 4/30/2020 at 11:22 PM, madmole said:

We'll be in content lock soon and you guys will certainly have a stable 19 before the Steam summer sale.

Okay, you got me... I've searched the internet and can't find ANYTHING about Steam moving the summer sale to September :)

11 hours ago, Adam the Waster said:

new cement mixer for A19

https://twitter.com/7DaystoDie/status/1257888010609229831/photo/1  link

Image                                                                                                                         how i feel sense sense my pc pooped out on me 

Reveal hidden contents

Tyler1 GIFs | Tenor

Love the new Cement mixer look. Can't wait to see in game how it all looks :)

18 hours ago, FranticDan said:

You can short their reach in the XML.
However in A18, making their reach shorter gives them the ability to push you around and I've been pushed INTO and THROUGH walls numerous times!

A full month and 3 weeks, crazy. Would be a short year if there were only 8 months!

Let's see what they do about the zombie reach in A19.  It has been acknowledged and hopefully will be an improvement over A18.

4 hours ago, SnowDog1942 said:

Okay, you got me... I've searched the internet and can't find ANYTHING about Steam moving the summer sale to September :)

He didnt say what year summer sale...😅

Could some smaller POIs be reused for higher tier quests? Could just spawn in more difficult enemies or something to compensate. At least that way we would have more than 2-3 options at T5. Sucks constantly getting the exact same building over and over. 

30 minutes ago, unholyjoe said:

?? maybe multi-block with an attached entity ?? :) sometimes some things are unnoticed

I will not have anything against it if the concrete mixer is also a multiblock with an attached entity 😃 Could there be problems with optimization?

So far looking good, I don't do much for underwater but now it'll look more interesting when I have to dive down.

Oh i had an idea as something completely random, how hard would it be to make a working radio in the game where after its crafted, the player can move music to the radio folder in 7 days to die and have it play in the gyro, motorcycle, 4x4, and at home, of course coming with risk of luring zombies, can make for fun traps too.

• Roland locked this topic
  • Roland unlocked this topic
  • Roland locked and unpinned this topic

Archived