Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

I  want to say that i think A19 is going to

Make   me love this game even more.

Women  and men are going to 
Squirm   seeing new zombie looks.  

Using  bandages just wont cure everything.

My  focus wii be getting a base built 

Quick  and finding food to satisfy my 

Tongue.  

Looking forward to A19!!!  :)

Saw earlier comment by MM that doors may be getting a rework.

Any chance that an Iron Bars type Hatch might be added?  Could shoot thru it when closed but also open it to allow Repairing/Looting.

Also the Jailcell Door, will that be coming back? Really liked that one...

Saw @Mechanimals posts re Space Engineers. Agree w his comments (2000+ hrs in SE here).

For anyone considering SE I'd highly recommend watching a least 1 or 2 of youtuber Splitsie s tutorials.

He's an excellent & entertaining yt'er & his tuts will provide a good idea of just how in depth SE is. It ain't for everyone, heh.

Edit: Haha, just vertically read yer post @SnowDog1942, nice one!

So glad to see the health system reworked as it is currently very unintuitive for the newb. Everything proposed sounds great.

Also, please consider making infections stack late game.  There should be a fear of making infections worse if you dont avoid direct attacks. At least allow Hazmat zombie infections stack

On 5/4/2020 at 12:45 PM, Anthonydevidal said:

hello madmole,  I would like too see zombies that could / will try climb,  and more zombies around town and outdoors

you know if there will be any of this.   and tell me what are you working on right now

spacer.png

hello reality check. The zombies that we have in 7dtd are very complex individual entities that can navigate through a changing voxel world. Your CPU will explode like a nuclear bomb if they had that many zombies in the game with all the A.I code flying around. Point is voxel games is more of a blessing than a curse but it's still going to give you serous limitations.

14 minutes ago, Zombiepoptard said:

hello reality check. The zombies that we have in 7dtd are very complex individual entities that can navigate through a changing voxel world. Your CPU will explode like a nuclear box if they had that many zombies in the game with all the A.I code flying around. Point is voxel games is more of a blessing than a curse but it's still going to give you serous limitations.

Can confirm. I spawned 200 zombies at once.

My CPU cried.

8 hours ago, SnowDog1942 said:

LIke fix that zombie reach on the client PC's, pretty pretty pretty pretty please..... I beg of you.

You can short their reach in the XML.
However in A18, making their reach shorter gives them the ability to push you around and I've been pushed INTO and THROUGH walls numerous times!

5 hours ago, Laz Man said:

It hasn't even been 6 months yet.  Jumping the gun a full month? lol

A full month and 3 weeks, crazy. Would be a short year if there were only 8 months!

On 11/27/2019 at 1:16 AM, madmole said:

Vehicle Update - pushed to A20

• Vehicle Mods
  • Vehicle break down and collision system

Greetings

What i want to know is .... when do we get the 6 wheel Army truck to drive around in?! 😎

21 minutes ago, Sparks said:

Greetings

What i want to know is .... when do we get the 6 wheel Army truck to drive around in?! 😎

I can answer that. 

6 wheels Army truck?Likely  never .

Vehicle mods? Alpha 20, making your post a little off topic.

A vehicle mod that allows the 4x4 truck to have more passengers and maybe also on the motorcycle ? Alpha 20.

Strip clubs with vultures and Marlenes? Probably already in.

On 11/26/2019 at 4:28 PM, Abbii said:

OMG am I the only female that plays this obsessively? Please may I have some new paint effects/ Lots of them. i want to make my house look really nice. Once I wash the zomb blood off...

No way, this is something i've wanted for so long.  New wall/floor paints, styles, furniture, etc.  I would love functioning stoves!  More things for the role player would be so freaking cool ♥ 

2 hours ago, aram83 said:

No way, this is something i've wanted for so long.  New wall/floor paints, styles, furniture, etc.  I would love functioning stoves!  More things for the role player would be so freaking cool ♥ 

Hi, my name is SnowDog, come here often?

7 minutes ago, Gamida said:

I see an engine with a pull cord in that pic. Tweak coming to mixer in A19? Maybe gas required to run?

Wouldn't surprise me one bit if they made it so the concrete mixer needs electricity. Whether if that's good or bad, remains to be seen.

1 hour ago, Adam the Waster said:

new cement mixer for A19

https://twitter.com/7DaystoDie/status/1257888010609229831/photo/1  link

Image                                                                                                                         how i feel sense sense my pc pooped out on me 

Reveal hidden contents

Tyler1 GIFs | Tenor

I don't want this dirty and gross cement mixer. I want my bright and silver A18 cement mixer.

On a more serious note. Man, I wish cement mixer had mods: crafting concrete takes too long.

20 minutes ago, lord_ahriman said:

I don't want this dirty and gross cement mixer. I want my bright and silver A18 cement mixer.

On a more serious note. Man, I wish cement mixer had mods: crafting concrete takes too long.

From ones I had the pleasure to use over the years this one looks like one of the cleaner ones :)

27 minutes ago, lord_ahriman said:

i love how people didn't see the "how i feel sense my Pc Pooped out" LOL

1 hour ago, Gamida said:

From ones I had the pleasure to use over the years this one looks like one of the cleaner ones :)

23 yrs as electrician in construction field... you are so right and some were beaten to death with dents and holes in them... T.A.C. tool abuse committee would have a field day writing these up (if there was such a thing) :)

Are we likely to get more options for Tier V quests from traders in Navezgane? I spend a lot of time doing quests for Experience, Dukes and Rewards but I am tiring of the same 2 factories (shotgun messiah & the pill factory)

I understand that Random Gen has more options, but I appreciate the original Navezgane map and would prefer to stay on playing it for as long as I can.

33 minutes ago, Worrun said:

Are we likely to get more options for Tier V quests from traders in Navezgane? I spend a lot of time doing quests for Experience, Dukes and Rewards but I am tiring of the same 2 factories (shotgun messiah & the pill factory)

I understand that Random Gen has more options, but I appreciate the original Navezgane map and would prefer to stay on playing it for as long as I can.

There are 3 T5 quests: Shotgun Messiah Factory, Shamway Factory and Hospital (for some reason my save is bugged and I can't start quests at hospital). But yeah, more options would be awesome because Navezgane still my favorite map.

39 minutes ago, Roland said:

There aren't any new T5 quests for A19, afaik. The team's focus was on providing more of the lower tiers since those will be experienced most often by more people.

A missed Oppurturnity, but maybe A20.

When nothing else is providing fun, me and my group team up for those T5 Buildings and spend a good 2 or 3 hours in. Killing all, wrenching everything.

Makes up for a good Endgame Content until the Wasteland thingy rolls on.

And there are so many possibilities for Big and complex T5 Buildings to explore and fight in.

Swimming Pools, Stadium, Airport. Mall, Inside of an Cargo Ship, Cineplex, etc etc

One may dream.

• Roland locked this topic
  • Roland unlocked this topic
  • Roland locked and unpinned this topic

Archived