Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

10 minutes ago, Blake_ said:

LOL, if I had a dollar .... but he is always right, you know?

Of course, that's why we have so many sleepless nights on our belt...

Also... If you had a dollar... You could soon buy an extra copy and start counting again... :drum:

7 minutes ago, Damocles said:

Switching to linear rendering requires to adjust the lights and their intensities.

Also the textures will have more colors in dark and bright locations. This can alter the look, especially if the textures where tuned to the look of gamma rendering.

The screenshots look a bit too colorful for my taste.

I think they will eventually tweak it again, but I like those new colors actually much better which is why I asked if it can be backported to A18 while we wait for A19. Sadly it can't, too many changes had to be done to make it happen.

8 hours ago, madmole said:

Given that its passed, nope :)
Bad news, I found out we have different testing branches and I was testing a pretty old build. The good news is it felt pretty solid so I can't wait to start a new game with the latest version.

I guess I'll have to wait another week to get my A19 fix. Oh well, there's worse problems to have!

5 minutes ago, sillls said:

Tell me you got the shadows fixed in A-19.  Walking through them is literally like night and day. 

Also the way that they seem to follow you in the morning and in the evening is a pain. 

This. It must be related to the level of detail "sphere" that follows you around. It's really noticeable in the giro.

18 hours ago, Adam the Waster said:

thats one crappy strip club

lol

lol :) ---  naaa.  not a private dance.. just like a 30 second / 1 minute dollar dance at your table, not in a private booth/room.  Actual dances are usually quite a bit more :)

Lots of places do this.

18 hours ago, Adam the Waster said:

thats one crappy strip club

lol

Never heard anyone say "you going to strip club" to someone with a bunch of one dollar bills? Guess you dont hang out with cool crowd.😈

On 5/2/2020 at 1:12 AM, Odetta said:

Real life is nothing but micro transactions if you think about it.

True. Macro and micro!

On 5/2/2020 at 2:51 AM, Roland said:

But....have you ever designed and implemented one? Your purchasing skills are not the concern here. Why WERE you hired...?

I'm pretty sure it was to only do cool stuff.

25 minutes ago, Roland said:

Zombie reach can be shortened for $.25 per centimeter...

I get emails about this all the time...except it's not shorten it's lengthen...and it's not per centimeter it's millimeter...and it's not zombies..it's...never mind

38 minutes ago, Gamida said:

I get emails about this all the time...except it's not shorten it's lengthen...and it's not per centimeter it's millimeter...and it's not zombies..it's...never mind

Don't be ashamed to call these things the right name - spam emails! :classic_tongue:

10 minutes ago, Zaroff said:

So much for release first half of 2020. I hope it’s a nice HUGE update that’s worth the extended wait. 

Its always worth the wait, at least for me since I started A15.

• Roland locked this topic
  • Roland unlocked this topic
  • Roland locked and unpinned this topic

Archived