madmole

Alpha 19 Dev Diary

Roland

When you download A19 you MUST start a new save. Maps generated in A18 will NOT work for A19 games. 

Head HERE to report bugs.

Message added by Roland

Holy ♥♥♥♥, a20 zombies look freaking awesome.

Beware, Madmole is gonna punch you :D

• Like 1

@faatal will the roads be getting any painted lines on them in random gen?

now your going to have a fight about whic side of the road the signs should be and face... LHD or RHD...lol

This was a fun feature to do and took less than a day:

Added AI head tracking to movement or target positions.

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","data-attachmentid":1729343}[/ATTACH]

How does this work in mp? Will we see zombies head tracking a focused player?

Btw, I love this!

Is it just the heads that track or the eyes as well?

Ignots? you been playing Raft?

No. We had ingots first. I was just too lazy to write forged steel.

Let it go, even if you were 100% correct you wont get most people to accept they were wrong...especially on the internet lol...

I read part of it. The spirit it is good (zombies should be stupid) but at the end of the day this is a tower defense horror game and there can't be a guaranteed "I'm safe" situation or all fear and motivation to play is lost for a lot of people.

• Like 2

wait it was remove?

Yes I had it removed because zombies would nearly do exorcist 360s and it didn't blend with their animations at all, so it was this sea of heads staring at you like a bunch of sprites. It was better to disable it for the time being until we could redo it properly.... which is now.

• Like 2

Thats a pretty sweet looking base...especially for early alpha standards. Symmetry, ramp column accents, walkways and sniper roost. :p

7 Days always had the bones of a fun game. Yes nice base for back in the day.

• Like 1

Any luck on those models?

When its done, son :)

And the bird bird bird, the bird is a nerd... sorry Peter Griffin stuck that song in my head forever.

• Like 3

Yes I had it removed because zombies would nearly do exorcist 360s and it didn't blend with their animations at all, so it was this sea of heads staring at you like a bunch of sprites. It was better to disable it for the time being until we could redo it properly.... which is now.

well thats good that its back, intead of zombies using there telepathy powers and their nose to find you loll

MM, you are wrong! If games were easy to do, there would be no millionaires, it would just be 100,500 times more games =)

There is easily room on the market for 100x the games. I cannot find a game I like other than one a year at best. 7 Days, Ark, Rust, Skyrim, Fallout 4, Subnautica are the only memorable titles in the last 10 years. I have time and money for more of those. I'm so bored right now I'm playing BFME2 and Plants vs Zombies. I'm simply unwilling to try new stuff because it always sucks and cannot hold my interest. So I replay old stuff until Starfield or ES6 drop. I'm ready to play 7 days, just waiting for a few more missing components and I'll start a new build.

There is easily room on the market for 100x the games. I cannot find a game I like other than one a year at best. 7 Days, Ark, Rust, Skyrim, Fallout 4, Subnautica are the only memorable titles in the last 10 years. I have time and money for more of those. I'm so bored right now I'm playing BFME2 and Plants vs Zombies. I'm simply unwilling to try new stuff because it always sucks and cannot hold my interest. So I replay old stuff until Starfield or ES6 drop. I'm ready to play 7 days, just waiting for a few more missing components and I'll start a new build.

Look into T3A online if you are interested in multiplayer BFME2

Try raft and stranded deep, both fun survival games.

Except there only be 3 or 4 zs lol ??

Turn max alive up to 64 bruh.

• Like 1

Big Bertha in the new concept art on Twitter looks awfully like the (woman? zombie?) from Dawn of the Dead. Just voicing my concern, but maybe you should be afraid of copyright issues and consider changing her design.

EWOurErWAAMH2OH?format=jpg&name=small

EWOdHi7UYAELeIO?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

You can't copyright fat or nightgowns.

• Like 2

@MM

Are we gonna see more depth in to the game?

That is a deep question.

• Like 2

Still should make a shirt that says "I was there when it was square!" that shows the old A7 and early gameplay...Would be "retro-cool" for all us old time players...lol

Wouldn't that be pre a7? A7 had smooth terrain I think.

Will the cheerleader and football zombie be remodeled or will they be removed from the game like it has been discussed in the past? (If it's the latter, I assume the stadium will go as well?)

They are being nuked. Why would we remove the stadium? The fans make up 99.99% of the population in a stadium anyway so the chances of seeing a football player or cheerleader would be slim at best. Realistically there would not be a game scheduled during a pandemic anyway, but some people might have taken refuge there or looted it post apocalypse.

Might i recommend to you Deep Rock Galactic?

Fun as hell and besides some similarities to Borderlands fairly unique.

Mr. Mole, i have noticed that Composer Mick Gordon no longer works for Bethesda.

Since you allready hired a Dev from Doom 2016, you maybe consider hiring Mick to pimp the Soundtrack?

For the poor souls that dont know him: watch BFG Division on Youtube to get a taste :)

We work with a Dallas studio to do the music.

MM, I’m very interested in what you think about the Project Zomboid. It is strange that it is not on your list. Maybe you have not heard about this game?

An experimental branch is now available, in which a lot of things were added and changed (animations, models, features

etc.).

This is one of the few games that I always want to return to, of course, after 7 Days To Die =)

Look into T3A online if you are interested in multiplayer BFME2

Try raft and stranded deep, both fun survival games.

I don't like MP games, I'm too competitive and it triggers too much adrenaline and cortisol and makes me hot flash since I got old. I am so rusty I can barely beat the AI on easy, but its coming back quickly.

Edit: I've thought about raft and stranded deep. I've been meaning to play the forest its been in my steam forever and I haven't played it yet.

• Like 1

Payday 2 is an awesome experience with a good group of 4.

Might i recommend to you Deep Rock Galactic?

Fun as hell and besides some similarities to Borderlands fairly unique.

I don't like that graphic style, I prefer a more realistic look. I hate borderlands.

I need open world, RPG or survival, (preferably both), first person. I can do RTS overhead games, but don't care for diablo iso games really or side scrollers. Oblivion changed me forever lol.

• Like 1

They are being nuked. Why would we remove the stadium? The fans make up 99.99% of the population in a stadium anyway so the chances of seeing a football player or cheerleader would be slim at best. Realistically there would not be a game scheduled during a pandemic anyway, but some people might have taken refuge there or looted it post apocalypse.

Any plans on replacing them with other, new zombie models? Or does that just mean that the game now has 2 zombie variants less?

MM, I’m very interested in what you think about the Project Zomboid. It is strange that it is not on your list. Maybe you have not heard about this game?

An experimental branch is now available, in which a lot of things were added and changed (animations, models, features

etc.).

This is one of the few games that I always want to return to, of course, after 7 Days To Die =)

I don't like ISO games. I bought it because people were saying 7 days was a lot like it so I was curious. IMO it was too indy feeling and glitchy af.

Any plans on replacing them with other, new zombie models? Or does that just mean that the game now has 2 zombie variants less?

2 less for now. We have the staff to do whatever we want now, but the first priority is to replace the ones we don want to keep, then we're going to focus on radiated which will be unique looking and have custom AI for each one. We'll delete all the old radiated then which are just glowing green ferals, nothing exciting about that. The new ones will be really cool, and present a unique challenge.

• Like 3