madmole

Alpha 19 Dev Diary

Posted (edited)

So modding sucks because your friends are boring? Interesting. I also hate orange juice because it rains sometimes, so I can understand.

did you read past the first sentence or just needed an excuse to be mad with someone?

Edited by Guppys Fur
a bit too agressive^^ (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

I play the game since the early Alpha and i love it i have now

over 3000 hours but what i think the game really better performance

because that is what ruins Servers and the community.

I speak here about the problems because i would love to see Performance get better and Servers with a stable community.

There are 3 problems i see as main problem

- IDs get into the millions after 100 - 200 days with 20~ players daily maybe change thats into ids only for players that are fixed

and give zombies a Reseting id with every restart

- Let Gyrocopters only load the Farsight(Cant remember the name of the feature right now) if they are in a specific height so they dont actually load chunks

problem right now with it that it loads too many chunks in a too short time its fine if there are only 3-4 players but if there are more it gets problematic

-Water is a big FPS Killer anything that changes Water or the Place around it Kills performance.

If i talk about FPS i mean SERVER SIDE FPS!!!

Some things i would like too see are:

-option too set Zombie Respawn

-option too set Building Respawn Maybe linked with Zombie Respawn

Just a few Ideas of mine:

Bloodmoon

Changing Bloodmoon to per Player so you can actually prepare for Zombie Night and dont get into a Server with little too no time to prepare for it.

And too balance it out if one Player has Bloodmoon and is in a group that group (Or players in a 100m range) gets it to and then the 7day time gets reset too.

It would give a lot of Performance for Servers too because there are then no 20 ppl who have Hordenight at the same time.

Maybe make it changeable with an option.

Electronic

Maybe giving an Higher tier of production Stuff like Electric Forge, Furnance, Assembly Table (Electric Workbench)

Loot

Giving Better loot into higher tier Building, because right now the most worthy Building tier too loot is tier 3

Maybe not the best place for it but i think its still good too be in discussion here because the Fps Problems are a Thing

and it has not gotten better with 18.4

Edited by esoren
better visibility (see edit history)
  • Like 3

My "It worked for Gerber" statement explained.

My managers would let me read their books. This one was one of the best.

https://gulfbusiness.com/top-10-marketing-disasters-in-the-world/

Scroll down to #10.

Read and try not to laugh. :cheerful:

Lmao, I love Chinese mistranslated words

This list had me dying! ? https://www.boredpanda.com/funny-chi...mpaign=organic

IF only whilst we stuck in the house we get A19 to play with......:adoration:

Posted (edited)

did you read past the first sentence or just needed an excuse to be mad with someone?

Did YOU read your own post? You said modding sucks, then the only supporting argument was, "but if youre playing Multiplayer with some Friends and are not even the Server Host, you are left in the Rain."Then you go on to unrelated points. Then, finally, you end with, "PS: Sorry if i sound salty, but im always jealous that people get said or do Mods easily, while i have to vanilla due to Friends on MP Servers."

What else is anyone supposed to read, your mind? That's a tall order as you seem to be having trouble doing that yourself.

PS: Be sure to stock up on your medications folks.

Edited by TSBX (see edit history)
  • Like 1

IF only whilst we stuck in the house we get A19 to play with......:adoration:

I was just thinking that exact same thing. This isolation thing will go a lot nicer with A19 to play ;)

PS: Be sure to stock up on your medications folks.

Yeah and take your arguments about mods elsewhere, this is not the thread for that.

• Like 1

@tfp and fellow people of the forum stay safe and stay healthy around the current thing going around

on a side note do we have any hints to what the random biomes may be like? I have an idea but im not sure if it will work like im thinking.

Yeah and take your arguments about mods elsewhere, this is not the thread for that.

Changing the subject, do you have any goodies for us this week? Not being greedy here. Just 5 to 20 screenshots would suffice lol.

Also, are ALL the Zds geting redone or is it just an "if time permits" situation that may be delayed until the next alpha?

Posted (edited)

Ok, sure. Which gate should we revive instead? ;)

EDIT: Maybe there are new buff triggers hooked up? Those are exciting.

Edited by TSBX (see edit history)

Changing the subject, do you have any goodies for us this week? Not being greedy here. Just 5 to 20 screenshots would suffice lol.

Also, are ALL the Zds geting redone or is it just an "if time permits" situation that may be delayed until the next alpha?

Even a video of MM supervising the team is fine...? ......jking.

On a serious note...@MM, any new animations to show off? The previous ones shared were a breadth of fresh air.

So, if deco blocks that can be picked up from POI's isn't on the roadmap, could a deco multi-choice block be made with them instead? Along the same lines as the furniture multi-choice block, frame shape multi-choice block etc. but for the more interesting stuff like pool tables, ceiling fans etc.

So, if deco blocks that can be picked up from POI's isn't on the roadmap, could a deco multi-choice block be made with them instead? Along the same lines as the furniture multi-choice block, frame shape multi-choice block etc. but for the more interesting stuff like pool tables, ceiling fans etc.

I'm not really sure, try modding it I suppose. AFAIK its just a list of blocks I can't see why it wouldn't work unless we only support shapes for that feature.

that looks nice AF good job

Thanks, the sniper rifle is looking exceptional and its not even finished.

• Like 3

Hey MM,

on the barrel of the desert vulture there is 50.AE written on it-does it mean we are getting a new ammo type? it would also make sense with the new top tier sniper rifle coming that it would use .50 cal ammo?

Thanks, the sniper rifle is looking exceptional and its not even finished.

happy to read this. better weapons and a thicker spawn, <snowdog, down boy> is what I have been looking forward to.

Hey MM,

on the barrel of the desert vulture there is 50.AE written on it-does it mean we are getting a new ammo type? it would also make sense with the new top tier sniper rifle coming that it would use .50 cal ammo?

I normally try not to let reality become a downer, but .50 AE and .50 BMG are nothing alike; the bullet alone for .50 BMG is longer than the entire round for .50 AE. Here is, from left to right, .50 BMG (like a Barrett sniper would use), .50 AE (as the Desert Eagle), and 9mm. I personally think (and I believe MM said this at one point) that the Desert Vulture should be using .44 Magnum, so it's not a complete waste and you can share ammo between revolver and semi-auto.

EDIT: Won't let me attach, so here's a link. https://i.imgur.com/tZZTL.jpg

• Like 1

Hey MM,

No its just what it originally used. Maybe someone ported it to 44.

happy to read this. better weapons and a thicker spawn, <snowdog, down boy> is what I have been looking forward to.

Thicker > longer.