Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

I have something to ask @TFP Team is there any more tracks to the dynamic music system or has it been changed a little? also played at least 700 hours of a18 and by far it is the most enjoyable and reply able experience I have ever bared witness to

its still in infancy so still being bottle fed. :)

I have something to ask @TFP Team is there any more tracks to the dynamic music system or has it been changed a little? also played at least 700 hours of a18 and by far it is the most enjoyable and reply able experience I have ever bared witness to

There are new music tracks in the game for A19. I particularly like one that may play when encountering the trader. Reminds me a bit of Firefly. Shiny!

There is new trader music, combat music and base music (when the player is not in a known threat situation)

There is new trader music, combat music and base music (when the player is not in a known threat situation)

This will most certainly help with my immersion levels! I look forward to it!

On a side note, i really love the music these people make for video games (e.g. for Battle Brothers). Hope you guys eventually have some music that really sets the tone for 7d2d. :)

https://breakdownepiphanies.bandcamp...ush-barbarians

...when the drums start going, i get all pumped up when playing that game...sorry nerd moment lol...

I like that.

Btw, in a19 you've talked about a reduction in perks. There is a bit of a problem with tools in particular, resource yield bonus and balance. Tool and resource yield perks are both in strenght and, while it doesn't take full STR to get them, it does kinda force you to get them if you want a decent quality, durability and/or yield. After all, resources in this game are the main plot point.

Current problems:

1.All tools under a perk under STR. You won't improve them in quality if you don't find a better on, which would be good if all the attr were equal or partial to tool decelopment. It isn't good because you can get to tier 5 in less than 8 real hours (level 12). And godly resource yield in just 10-12 hours (level 17). That's early game.

There are quite a few solutions to this, and I suggest for you to explore one:

1- Get rid of the tool perk. Tool quality (any) could improve each 2 levels of any Attribute regardless of the attribute and in a non stackable manner. So the first attribute to be bought to level 2 could allow you for lvl2 quality, attr 4 "" yellow, attr 7 "" green attr 10 blue or something like that.

2- Wrench is non essential to gathering basic resources, as one can live without it, so it can be separated.

3. Resource yield is a bonus that can be unlocked in a rewarding way:

If you cut down 100 trees then you get to level 1 of the former perk and get more resources per tree, cut down 300, get more yield as you automatically advance to level 2, 500 hundred level 3, 1000 level 4 and whatever level 5. Once you achieve the top you get the equivalent to the full perk.

Grinding? Not really, as you will most certainly cut down or mine quite a bit during your gameplay, if not, then you needen't do it.

any plans of adding some more hints on the origin story of the 7 days to die universe? There's already references to nuclear bombs and spread of virus in news papers and the radiation zones.

Perhaps it could be cool to add collectable items that tell more about the 7d2td background story, like parts of newspaper with readable articles, once all, lets say 10 pieces of information are found the player has a good idea of what happened and perhaps also gets a special ability/perk like how books work.

If written well, these bits of information can add allot of immersion and excitement to the game.

People could be led on a false trail by incomplete information like virus a emerges and becomes pandemic but later you find an article about the virus being successfully combated and even the discovery of a vaccination/cure.

Next bit of information you find tells something about a reaction between rabies and this new vacine that everybody got...

any plans of adding some more hints on the origin story of the 7 days to die universe? There's already references to nuclear bombs and spread of virus in news papers and the radiation zones.

There have been stories in the newspapers about nuclear bombs and viruses since the beginning of 2020.

When life imitates art... :-)

But we can't make it in game anymore, vanilla anyway.

Steel polish was removed from the game and so you can no longer upgrade steel blocks to stainless steel blocks. Stainless Steel blocks are probably still available from the Creative Menu and therefore still in the game, technically.

MM is having multiple conversations with multiple people in these threads across multiple days. It’s highly unlikely he will remember what “it” is.

Steel polish was removed from the game and so you can no longer upgrade steel blocks to stainless steel blocks. Stainless Steel blocks are probably still available from the Creative Menu and therefore still in the game, technically.

MM is having multiple conversations with multiple people in these threads across multiple days. It’s highly unlikely he will remember what “it” is.

We made steel the end game block its plenty good. If people want more protection they can turn down enemy block damage or mod steel.

We made steel the end game block its plenty good. If people want more protection they can turn down enemy block damage or mod steel.

But it shortens the upgrade path we have to look forward to, the opposite of expanding things to do in extended game sessions. I miss travelling to traders and scrounging loot for bottles of steel polish in A16, because you can't craft it, which also made that final level of upgrading more challenging, again this helped keep the late game more challenging and interesting.

Now you hit steel and you're done, the removal of stainless is just, weird, like a step backwards, especially since the blocks still exist. And the updated texture for it looks so damn nice too, much better than the basic white in A16... alas it is unobtainable without CM. Just feels like you are holding back the icing on the cake. Having those highlights of stainless on bases in A18 would be so dope. Guess it's on to mods once I hit late game in vanilla, as usual, bringing stainless steel back is practically default in all of them.

As much as I love improvements and additions in A17 and A18, and I do, the vanilla game sessions I have are nowhere near as long and involved as they were in A16, weirdly unnecessary changes like this heavily contribute to why that is.

But it shortens the upgrade path we have to look forward to, the opposite of expanding things to do in extended game sessions. I miss travelling to traders and scrounging loot for bottles of steel polish in A16, because you can't craft it, which also made that final level of upgrading more challenging, again this helped keep the late game more challenging and interesting.

Now you hit steel and you're done, the removal of stainless is just, weird, like a step backwards, especially since the blocks still exist. And the updated texture for it looks so damn nice too, much better than the basic white in A16... alas it is unobtainable without CM. Just feels like you are holding back the icing on the cake. Having those highlights of stainless on bases in A18 would be so dope. Guess it's on to mods once I hit late game in vanilla, as usual, bringing stainless steel back is practically default in all of them.

As much as I love improvements and additions in A17 and A18, and I do, the vanilla game sessions I have are nowhere near as long and involved as they were in A16, weirdly unnecessary changes like this heavily contribute to why that is.

Most people never used it, and it was just busy work upgrading blocks endlessly. We'll add more interesting late game depth than that.

Most people never used it, and it was just busy work upgrading blocks endlessly. We'll add more interesting late game depth than that.

Yeah I know many never used it, heck most stop at reinforced concrete, especially in big builds. Though I miss the late game hunt for polish, I do know you have more compelling tasks for us to deal with in late game planned, was just a good stand-in until that arrives. Solar banks, solar panels, and steel polish were just goals that served as indicators of late game for me in A16. No it wasn't exactly exciting and exotic adventure inducing material, but it was still something to do that expanded looting and travelling needs.

The upgrade aspect though, I want that, and if it did not require polish then more would do it. A lot of peeps didn't like theold look it had anyway, was kind of just a generic bright white, the reg steel looked better back then, so the way it looked then was admittedly not motivating in general. But the stainless steel looks so nice now, especially alongside the new regular steel.

What about not bringing the polish back, the new books more than make up for that by extending the need to loot even further into late game, but you could make them upgrade one more time by just using more steel... but maybe a lot of it. Now it's 10 to go up to reg steel, make the up from that to stainless another 20. It would still happen, but far more selectively than reg steel. I think people doing it would seriously increase too since it actually looks really nice now and I really really wanna use it.

• Roland locked this topic
  • Roland unlocked this topic
  • Roland locked and unpinned this topic

Archived