Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

MM, what do you think about adding small POIs to the game that will be located just underground, without its visible parts on the surface?

It could be some hidden bunkers, old sewer systems, abandoned metro sections, old cemeteries with coffins and more.

Or it could even be randomly buried military boxes with ammunition, treasure chests and more ...

Imagine how much more interesting it will be for the players, digging resources to stumble upon something more interesting than just ore veins?

These exist already...at least in navesgane. Not sure about the pregen/rwg maps tho.

Edit: caves and some POI buildings that have sub floors/bunkers.

More would be nice tho. Perhaps similar to those small bombed out buildings in the burnt/ wasteland biomes.

MM, what do you think about adding small POIs to the game that will be located just underground, without its visible parts on the surface?

It could be some hidden bunkers, old sewer systems, abandoned metro sections, old cemeteries with coffins and more.

Or it could even be randomly buried military boxes with ammunition, treasure chests and more ...

Imagine how much more interesting it will be for the players, digging resources to stumble upon something more interesting than just ore veins?

We have several hidden locations, and buried treasure quests. Adding more of these would just slow performance. Even if something is culled, it still has to be calculated to cull it, thus more cpu hiding it every frame.

No one is forcing you to use the drone. or any other thing you dont like. the drone be easily modded out if you wanted to as well. But just cause its there you dont need to use it etc.

oh, i have no intention of using it. My point is that, to me anyway, it's indicative of a more sci-fi direction in the game's development. I fear lasers and robotic zombies are on the horizon. :(

Yeah they might actually solve it with sound fiscal thinking.

Okay, I was going to drop this but fukkit.

Capitalism is amoral, it's neither moral nor immoral, morality isn't even part of the equation. You need to ask why morality is essential in sociological descision making. Read some Dic-kensian works if you must have a historical example.

<damn frikkin' profanity filter Dickensian? Really?>

We have several hidden locations, and buried treasure quests. Adding more of these would just slow performance. Even if something is culled, it still has to be calculated to cull it, thus more cpu hiding it every frame.

Do you have metrics how much the culling and schene preperation takes, versus the shaders?

I never really had problems with lots of voxels/blocks on the screen, but occasional problems with certain shaders, that ran too expensive.

Can we get coffee mugs shaped like a voxel?

That is one of the most suspicious questions asked here.

It can be done btw, last week I saw a couple in a repo from work, pixalated, more like minecraft style. With some textures would fit pretty well.

Only if it’s a wood frame, then when hot liquid goes in it “upgrades” to cobblestone.

Lol, but he means it more as a deco block, we can get some coffee and glass/clay just as an idea, from the tables, at the points of interest for example.

Pimps added more than 700 new blocks in A17, who knows whats on the list :)

Only if it’s a wood frame, then when hot liquid goes in it “upgrades” to cobblestone.

That would be awesome. I have a Skyrim Dark Brotherhood mug that says "we know" when you pour hot coffee in it, so its totally doable I think.

Could the zombies get some sort of glancing blow function? Example: if the zombie is more than a metre away then they only deal half the damage. It's not very fair that they have go-go gadget arms in the first place combined with melee combat occasionally going right through them

Zombie long hit ranges due to excessive range values and in MP client latency from packet delays and interpolation is something I plan on looking at.

• Roland locked this topic
  • Roland unlocked this topic
  • Roland locked and unpinned this topic

Archived