Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

So can we asume that sometime in a future alpha, canine animation and pathing will get some love? This comes as a surprise , because there's not that much to gain apart from immersion and jumpscares.

Madmole specifically said they would not be doing the companion wolf because they would have to refine the animations and pathing. How did you take his answer to mean that they would at some point in the future improve canine animation and pathing...?

Not as silly as seeing a full steel armored warrior riding a bicycle though....lol. maybe the bicycle need to be modded to light armor only lol..

Or it could just be more strongly affected by encumbrance. I few months ago I had to carry multiple bags about 3 miles on a bike, and I can say, it slowed me down MUCH more than if I was just jogging. Since the bike already makes you go faster, limiting how much you can carry on it wouldn't make it underpowered.

So can we asume that sometime in a future alpha, canine animation and pathing will get some love? This comes as a surprise , because there's not that much to gain apart from immersion and jumpscares.

They are good enough for enemies. I was merely pointing out what they would need for use to make them supported followers.

Or it could just be more strongly affected by encumbrance. I few months ago I had to carry multiple bags about 3 miles on a bike, and I can say, it slowed me down MUCH more than if I was just jogging. Since the bike already makes you go faster, limiting how much you can carry on it wouldn't make it underpowered.

Or make stamina drain a PITA if used while wearing heavy armor while riding it?

Or make stamina drain a PITA if used while wearing heavy armor while riding it?

Yeah, that would be an effect, but there are several ways to achieve that. I was thinking reduce the number of unencumbered slots in your inventory, and multiply all armor-based stamina drain and speed reductions by a fixed amount while on a bike.

Maybe the maths would have to be a little more complicated than that to make sure you don't get something like -115% speed, but that's the general idea.

Related, is there any possibility of getting "aerodynamics" as an armor/vehicle stat?

Hopefully with the vehicle revision the 4x4 can get a little faster. Awesome vehicle but I feel like the top speed is pretty weak.

My problem with it is: its slower than the motorcycle by 1 m/s, I can deal with that though, what I can't deal with is a lack of the wheelie button to help get over small hills, because damn, that truck gets stuck on EVERYTHING, I never make them anymore, too much of a hassle getting from point A to B in it with its tendancy to get stuck on things. Its supposed to be a off road truck from the looks of it, but every single other vehicle does a better job of it, even the bicycle.

Hopefully with the vehicle revision the 4x4 can get a little faster. Awesome vehicle but I feel like the top speed is pretty weak.

There needs to be trade offs. Its plenty fast for the space it offers IMO. The good thing is some people prefer a motorcycle. If it was flat out better at everything there wouldn't be much of a choice really.

There needs to be trade offs. Its plenty fast for the space it offers IMO. The good thing is some people prefer a motorcycle. If it was flat out better at everything there wouldn't be much of a choice really.

Maybe its just the 4x4 sound. It feels like a honda civic with a huge muffle mod. All show and no go lol....

Everyone in my group feels like the sound is faster then it really is.

What vehicle do you prefer?

I'm really liking the gyro copter; so rewarding when you learn to fly it well. It's also way faster than any vehicle because you can travel in a straight line while also avoiding difficult obstacles and terrain. It's funny it only looks slow because you're so far off the ground, good ol' parallax.

Boy do I miss learn-by-doing

Learn-by-doing is available any time for you by opting in to Alpha 16 on Steam. This is the Alpha 19 development diary and Madmole has stated several times that there is no plan for LBD to be a part of this game's development. You are welcome to discuss LBD in the general discussions thread but Madmole has repeatedly asked for it to not be brought up here as it has no relevance.

A19 looks to be coming along nicely. So won't be out on the 9th of March, my 43rd birthday oh yay lol

For A19 or 20 whatever , chance for more options on difficulty settings?

Higher wandering hordes count

Frequency of horde

But mainly zombie hitpoints if i could choose 1. Insane difficulty is great and all but hp sponges not so much. Just my 2 cents

The gyro is a very steep learning curve. First time I cliimbed in one I ended up with the nose pointing towards the sky and the tail pointed towards the ground before I decided it would be a good idea to pause the game and RTFM :-)

Exactly why I avoided using it for the longest time in the past. Man was I missing out. Opens up a whole new section of base design too.

I can change one number and make any vehicle 10x faster. That is easy. The problem is, you will be stopping every x amount of seconds because the chunk loader can not keep up with that speed.

Kind of a trial for NPC and bandit Ai?

Not at all. Drone AI is its own thing. Bandit AI will be different code by a different person. A human running over the ground to cover, snipping, retreating, closing to melee, circling is very different. It will probably be enhancements to the current enemy AI.

Exactly why I avoided using it for the longest time in the past. Man was I missing out. Opens up a whole new section of base design too.

Nah..... you just park it on the street in front of your dart traps. What could go wrong...?

base design shmase design! ;)

The gyro is a very steep learning curve. First time I cliimbed in one I ended up with the nose pointing towards the sky and the tail pointed towards the ground before I decided it would be a good idea to pause the game and RTFM :-)

Alot of newbies I have talked to expect it to feel more like a helicopter versus an airplane...oh and it doesn't help that the default key bindings to exit the vehicle (E key) is right next to thrust/forward key (W key)...Lost track the number of times I have fat fingered the wrong key lol...

Guppy

What uh, do you think he's kidding about? Just curious.

To me the most important aspect of what he's asking is that the localization be pushed from servers. Is that a thing now?

He asked if there was any changes to localization.txt, we always edit that file.

Mr Mole, i want to pick that up because i too would like to have an answer to Guppy Curs Question:

Is the localisation.txt pushed from Servers to clients now or is this a planned feature?

It would really help (the noobier parts of (like me^^)) modcreators to create simple manipulations/additions.

For example i created Tiered Weapon Mods that i cannot give discriptions without that Push from Servers to Clients.

Very medieval / steampunk. I like it. Where do you land your gyrocopter or were you just sharing your base in general?

It's a solo world, so no sharing. :p And my actual base is elsewhere; this is just for hordes. As for how I get up there... I nerd pole up with wood frames. Entrances/exits are overrated in my view. :p The captain goes down with their ship.

Posting a video showcasing a tour soon. :)

Note: This will be the last time I visit this world; the pain is too great. :p I learned this morning that when I copied the files over from this world to a separate folder an age ago (to preserve the world), I didn't update them... So really, this world was over 200 days old, but I lost almost half of that. -__-

• Roland locked this topic
  • Roland unlocked this topic
  • Roland locked and unpinned this topic

Archived