Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

I have a bunch of paper designs you can all fight over, so I will keep them to myself.

I will say that we have a new critical injury system on paper ready to go. It will work like infection, meaning getting hit with low health and in poor armor will increase chance of getting a critical injury.

Broken arms, Abrasions, deep lacerations, concussions and infection will be delivered via the new crit system and have new unique effects and unique cures. All the new ones will remove 25 max health and heal slowly over time or faster via specific cures, like a broken foot heals faster with a cast.

A nearly identical system will deliver vehicle damage and critical vehicle damage which would be flat tire (drive slow and hard to control), leaky radiator (drive for a minute or so before overheating), bad battery (random won't start with cool down), bad engine (won't run at all), etc. You'll need those parts to repair it, repair kits for general damage. On screen debuffs when you are in the vehicle. Debuff hyperlink system, click the debuff it opens character stats page and highlights the debuff.

No more micro damage from small wounds, no more tiny bandage spam, but more meaningful big debuffs to players from combat trauma. You guys wanted survival, its coming.

Oh yes, this sounds amazing. This will really make you calculate more when exploring, bringing back the challenge in to it.

Hello.

I really look forward to the appearance of bandits.

I ask you to customize the game without zombies, but with gangster settlements in ruined cities. Because the zombie apocalypse is weird. The settlements of bandits after the apocalypse are logical.

Only without re-spawn. 1 city - 1 settlement of bandits. He killed everyone - new ones do not appear.

I really like your game. I play Steam for more than 380 hours.

P.S. I apologize for bad English, I write through Google a translator.

That is assuming we're going to be harsh and stupid. Right now you can nose dive your gyro to the roof top of shamway and grab all the loot. Bust out two railings and launch off of there and get all that loot for 0 player risk, maybe 30 damage to your gyro. This system solves that, smashing into metal going full speed should give your vehicle a critical injury. Driving over a few things at 100 heath? No, minor damage. You will need probably several heavy impacts to get a critical injury on a player or vehicle, so we'll be fair about it, and yes it will be interesting.

People who want to lug around all those parts can, but it should be perfectly safe to drive on roads with caution. Unless we change things, just keep a spare vehicle in your pocket, that takes less slots that car parts.

Maybe adding a mod for a carrying a bicycle (and minibike too? As it is nerved so much that I don't even bother crafting it anymore) on the 4x4 truck? This would also improve the 4x4 truck compared to the motorbike. I never use the 4x4 as the motorbike is superior overall.

Would be really nice once vehicles can't be picked up (which I hope will be the case in the future)

Maybe adding a mod for a carrying a bicycle (and minibike too? As it is nerved so much that I don't even bother crafting it anymore) on the 4x4 truck? This would also improve the 4x4 truck compared to the motorbike. I never use the 4x4 as the motorbike is superior overall.

Would be really nice once vehicles can't be picked up (which I hope will be the case in the future)

Sorry just going to be negative here but not towards TFP just in the voxel view of things. I don't think voxel technology is that far along where I wanna rely on it to no be able to pick my vehicle up. Sure TFP could go another 5 or 6 years and stil be in alpha. Cool we get to keep getting updates but lets be real at some point they have to call the game finished because money doesn't last forever. Just don't see voxel based worlds being far enough ready before they go gold. So maybe next project/game it will be and stuff like this can happen. But as it stands sorry just doesn't add enough to the game vs the out come so personally hope they keep it the way it is and don't put that kind of limit on vehicles to not be able to pick them back up.

Right now you can nose dive your gyro to the roof top of shamway and grab all the loot. Bust out two railings and launch off of there and get all that loot for 0 player risk, maybe 30 damage to your gyro.

So with critical damage I have to land it safe and sound next to Shamway just to nerdpole my way up. :)

Pizza is about the worst thing you can put in your body. Most people cannot digest properly or are allergic to dairy and gluten. Ironically that was the straw that broke the camels back for me in 2014, I was at my brothers watching a UFC fight and brought a pizza over to eat. I got hot and my whole head and upper body turned beat red for a few hours. It just kept doing that every night and I started developing more and more symptoms. Low testosterone was the main culprit, so getting on HRT helped some, but correcting 47 years of eating foods I was allergic to and managing my stress better made all the difference in improving my blood work and now I feel like I'm in my 30's on most days where 5 years ago I felt like I was dying.

I'd start researching paleo and low carb diets. Read nutrition articles on bodybuilding.com or anywhere that seems reputable. I think Athlean X is pretty good for a youtuber but I don't hear him talk about diet very much. The main thing is to get your carbs from low glycemic fruits and colorful veggies, not pasta or bread, and try to avoid dairy and get allergy testing. Rotate foods every 4 days so if you are allergic to something you minimize the damage. I hope that helps. WIth google you can find info on all this stuff so easy.

Some people can turn a new leaf and just switch, others it takes time to slowly replace bad habits with good ones so its tolerable. It depends how motivated you are for change but once you are eating clean and proper 80-90% of the time you will start to feel a huge shift.

Ill pitch in a little bit, because I was doing a lot of research in this regard for my app.

There is ♥♥♥♥load of information on the internet and that is not neccesseraly a good thing. There are lot of diets, that compete:

-paleo

-vegan

-low-carb

-keto

-vegetarian

-carnivore

-etc.

My advice here is, do not subscribe yourself to one diet. You primarely need to listen to your own body - what tastes good, what agrees with your body and what leaves you with sufficient energy. In the end what works for one person might not work for another. There are not only genetic differences between individuals but also differences in your gut microbiomes. You will need to experiment.

Priorities go as follows:

1. You need to intake sufficient ammount of energy that covers your basal metabolism and energy expenditure through work, exercise etc. You can easily calculate that on any fittness calculator. I myself thought I ate a lot, whereas I had about 400 calories deficit.

2. You need to have sufficient intake of macro-nutrients: Carbs, fats and protein. Different diets promote different values for fats and carbs (low carb, high carb, low fat, keto). Most important however is sufficient protein, as those are broken down to amino-acids that are used by your body to build you cells, hormones etc.

3. You need to have sufficient intake of micronutrients - minerals and vitamins, that acts as catalysts and mediators in many bodily functions. Best solution to this is have very varied diet - different kind of vegetables, fruits, fats, proteins.

4. Timing - having your food at the same time everyday improves digestion.

To sum up eat enough of varied quality food, same time every day

Lastly it is important to pair good diet with exercise, quality sleep, social contact, hobbies and some sort of meaning.

ps. in regards to gluten and lactoce intolerance is blown out of proportions. They arent the best thing for your body, but if you dont consume too much of it it is fine. You do not need to avoid bread, pasta cheese etc, just downscale it and have more varied diet.

- - - Updated - - -

Ill pitch in a little bit, because I was doing a lot of research in this regard for my app.

There is ♥♥♥♥load of information on the internet and that is not neccesseraly a good thing. There are lot of diets, that compete:

-paleo

-vegan

-low-carb

-keto

-vegetarian

-carnivore

-etc.

My advice here is, do not subscribe yourself to one diet. You primarely need to listen to your own body - what tastes good, what agrees with your body and what leaves you with sufficient energy. In the end what works for one person might not work for another. There are not only genetic differences between individuals but also differences in your gut microbiomes. You will need to experiment.

Priorities go as follows:

- - - Updated - - -

What happened here!?!?!?!

Sorry just going to be negative here but not towards TFP just in the voxel view of things. I don't think voxel technology is that far along where I wanna rely on it to no be able to pick my vehicle up. Sure TFP could go another 5 or 6 years and stil be in alpha. Cool we get to keep getting updates but lets be real at some point they have to call the game finished because money doesn't last forever. Just don't see voxel based worlds being far enough ready before they go gold. So maybe next project/game it will be and stuff like this can happen. But as it stands sorry just doesn't add enough to the game vs the out come so personally hope they keep it the way it is and don't put that kind of limit on vehicles to not be able to pick them back up.

I played all of A18 and I think even A17 without one incident where I had to pick up a vehicle. I had very few incidents where I had to shovel out a vehicle. And that always worked, I just had to dig a wider circle around to avoid hitting the vehicle on occasion.

Hello.

I really look forward to the appearance of bandits.

I ask you to customize the game without zombies, but with gangster settlements in ruined cities. Because the zombie apocalypse is weird. The settlements of bandits after the apocalypse are logical.

Only without re-spawn. 1 city - 1 settlement of bandits. He killed everyone - new ones do not appear.

I really like your game. I play Steam for more than 380 hours.

P.S. I apologize for bad English, I write through Google a translator.

Wrong game man. This is a zombie game kinda important to have zs in a zombie apocalypse

Problem with diets are, there is NO universal diet.

Just about everyone's system is as unique as the person themselves. Your gut is a micro-biome that has grown according to your environment and history and ancestry etc. So you have to get either bloodwork done, which is expensive, or you can get in tune with your body. Add and remove stuff from your diet as you feel better/see energy improve etc.

Took me couple years now, but with cutting dairy and sugar, and eating more red meat, my body is happy as a chappy and I feel 10 years younger as well. Just the willingness to let go of things we love to eat, is really tough. I grew up on Milk and cheese ... So that was a tough one, but it stopped my heartburn immediately when I stopped consuming that. As a simple example.

As for in-game..fek, bring the pizza.. At least one place I can haz extra cheese on that bugger.

I played all of A18 and I think even A17 without one incident where I had to pick up a vehicle. I had very few incidents where I had to shovel out a vehicle. And that always worked, I just had to dig a wider circle around to avoid hitting the vehicle on occasion.

Well good for you that you had near perfect experience when it comes to this. I and others not so much. It doesn't change the fact that it can't be reliable to take the option out. If you seem the maps I have played you understand. Drive down the road and boom the road shifted upwards like 8 blocks high. Oh but we should stay on roads in wasteland not be driving off road. Oh look mountain the road goes straight up can't even get the vehicle to angle right. Oh look this bug and that bug but no admin around when you are ect ect. To many issues to take this option out just because a few feel we shouldn't be able to pick a vehicle up but have no problem with all that stone and everything else you can carry on you. Sorry will be on the other side of the fence when it comes to this. Maybe I will get a big surprise if the issues can be fixed but still say voxel worlds are to unpredictable to take this option away.

Can we have a thrown spear be replaced with a another from your inventory, it is really inconvenient to have multiple spears in my toolbar, just so I don't have to battle the UI and the zombies at the same time

We want to improve belt slot memory handling.

So with critical damage I have to land it safe and sound next to Shamway just to nerdpole my way up. :)

And then after you deal with the auto turrets/bosses only get 1/3 the loot because I think they are going to spread it over multiple locations.

Yes I only got stuck once. In nearly every situation you can drive really slow to get out of something. And shoveling a stuck car is realistic, so not a problem.

Problem with diets are, there is NO universal diet.

Just about everyone's system is as unique as the person themselves. Your gut is a micro-biome that has grown according to your environment and history and ancestry etc. So you have to get either bloodwork done, which is expensive, or you can get in tune with your body. Add and remove stuff from your diet as you feel better/see energy improve etc.

Took me couple years now, but with cutting dairy and sugar, and eating more red meat, my body is happy as a chappy and I feel 10 years younger as well. Just the willingness to let go of things we love to eat, is really tough. I grew up on Milk and cheese ... So that was a tough one, but it stopped my heartburn immediately when I stopped consuming that. As a simple example.

As for in-game..fek, bring the pizza.. At least one place I can haz extra cheese on that bugger.

Yes but universally, I think there are common things I've read 100's of times over the years, that would be a good place to start. Food allergies were my problem, and they can be developed by eating the same foods every day, so rotate your foods, and get allergy testing. I was allergic to nearly everything I ate in abundance for years: Eggs, peanuts, cashews, milk, cheese were the big ones. Interesting for years I removed the yolks when low fat diets were in style and later I went back to eating them because low fat diets are bs, but my allergy report showed mild sensitivity to yolks and high sensitivity to whites, the thing I always consumed.

But yes it is a slow process figuring out what works best and what you can live with, and how to craft good foods without your favorite ingredients :)

@TFP staff!

i have a question?

when you guys remove stuff (like removing some stuff for other stuff)

is it because you guys have a limit of how many stuff you can have in game or something else???

Its part of the alpha process and part of some sloppy practices in the past. A lot of decisions were made quickly and hacked in as fast as possible just to prototype something. Then another system came on line the same way. Finally when we decided which systems felt polished and players liked the most, those systems were sort of the "gold standard" then the one offs that didn't match get removed or changed to feel like the whole game belongs together instead of having a frankenstien of systems/rules/consistency.

Archived