madmole

Alpha 19 Dev Diary

The "refreshing" of a POI in a fully destrucable world is probably the best solution in order to ensure the quest can still be completed. Without the "refreshing" I am sure it becomes programmically more difficult to maintain available quest integrity. If too much loot abundance is the issue, perhaps a good alternative is to implement some type of cooldown before that given quest can be given again (e.g. similar to loot respawn timer)...OR perhaps a setting that allows a quest for a given POI to be only given out 1 time only! (e.g. similar no loot respawn but for quests) :)

That is just moving papers around on the desk and pretending you accomplished something, just to calm the suspension of disbelief of people who cannot create any plausible solution. To me its perfectly believable.

First off in a large or long MP game the POIs are going to get done a LOT. They have to be reset for quest integrity in case someone sand boxed the POI already. And imagine going through it with zero loot? That would totally suck. It means the first ones on the server would always have the huge advantage, and eventually all loot would be dried up except for traders.

Secondly its easily plausible someone cleared it out, survivors moved in, fixed it up, got infected and turned, so there is loot again. Its not hard to come up with some solution in your mind as to why/how. Don't do that POI again if its a duplicate if you don't want to, its that simple. Some people prefer that versus being forced to travel 10 miles to the next available POI. Nobody liked the ones where you had to travel too far. I don't do the same POI over again, unless I'm really desperate, normally I find a new trader and do quests for him because I want to see a new POI.

bm vultures, set up turrets in different areas, drive from 1 to another. out run the horde, turrets kill vultures

What makes you think you will survive the drive part?

• Like 1

Nope, not at all

For us not to update that, would mean we didn't add a single new item nor any edits.

For us not to update that, would mean we didn't add a single new item nor any edits.

Didn't say don't update it. If I make a modlet and add something to the localization.txt, I would like that to be pushed to the players.

Anything new? haven't been here for a Minute.

i could do a lot in one minute :)

i could do a lot in one minute :)

man, I never knew you were gone in 60 seconds. Your poor wife.

Posted (edited)

You have to be kidding.

I advised against it, you went for it. Localization is not perfect and it should be. Next time please hire someone IN the country of the localization, or a certified native that have not been living in America too much (more than 6 months), because there are hideous mistakes everywhere that even a toddler could notice (basic grammar, and some speech weirdy twitty). I just reported a couple, but I'm holding onto a few just because I see that they are not being worked on. Same for other languages it seems, judging by the sheer amount of non-code mistakes.

That's what HE politely meant.

Bethesda poured money into local translators and voice actors, just saying. Their translation is semantically perfect with maybe 1, 2 lines badly hooked out of 150.000.

Keep on the alphas and shove the subject until gold translation, but you have the truth now.

EDIT: I only speak 3 languages, 2 of which are IN the game so I think I have a bit of insight inside the problem. The only one that is sound right now is Default english.

Edited by Blake_ (see edit history)

The plains can be recreated as a sub biome down the road. There was nothing interesting about it.

The plains BEFORE it was turned into "nothing interesting" WAS unique to the game and interesting though. huge bluffs overlooking flat areas that had a perfect vibe. They were amazing!

The plains BEFORE it was turned into "nothing interesting" WAS unique to the game and interesting though. huge bluffs overlooking flat areas that had a perfect vibe. They were amazing!

A full biome is not the right way to do an open field of grass. We need larger sub biomes so we can do it properly. Its only interesting if its a contrast to another space that has more trees, etc. An entire biome that is just nothing but grass doesn't offer much of interest or game play, you could see everything coming for a mile.

The only one that is sound right now is Default American.

Fixed that for you :-)

It's most certainly not English by jove, old boy, fella-me-lad, cockney-rhyming-bollocks...

• Like 1

A full biome is not the right way to do an open field of grass. We need larger sub biomes so we can do it properly. Its only interesting if its a contrast to another space that has more trees, etc. An entire biome that is just nothing but grass doesn't offer much of interest or game play, you could see everything coming for a mile.

Sub biomes sound like they could be really great. Has anything been started on them or are these just ideas right now?

Junk drone revealed!

Thanks Madmole, as you promised, thank you very much! A gift that follows you, heals and attacks! woo !! You are the best!!

Junk drone revealed!

Awesome!! Please can the eyes of the teddybear head turn red when the drone is attacking enemys?

pretty please?

No idea why I imagined a junk drone with these black-yellow stripes, you actually added some !

Teddy Drone looks fantastic !

Question is, can it take mods?

"Mods include teddy bear head, extra storage, and weapon upgrades" - madmole in his tweet.

:)

• Like 1

Would be cool to attach a zombie head to the drone.

That would be like DOOM ...

Would be cool to attach a zombie head to the drone.

That would be like DOOM ...

A doll`s head or zombie head, indeed.