Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

You have to be kidding.

I advised against it, you went for it. Localization is not perfect and it should be. Next time please hire someone IN the country of the localization, or a certified native that have not been living in America too much (more than 6 months), because there are hideous mistakes everywhere that even a toddler could notice (basic grammar, and some speech weirdy twitty). I just reported a couple, but I'm holding onto a few just because I see that they are not being worked on. Same for other languages it seems, judging by the sheer amount of non-code mistakes.

That's what HE politely meant.

Bethesda poured money into local translators and voice actors, just saying. Their translation is semantically perfect with maybe 1, 2 lines badly hooked out of 150.000.

Keep on the alphas and shove the subject until gold translation, but you have the truth now.

EDIT: I only speak 3 languages, 2 of which are IN the game so I think I have a bit of insight inside the problem. The only one that is sound right now is Default english.

The plains can be recreated as a sub biome down the road. There was nothing interesting about it.

The plains BEFORE it was turned into "nothing interesting" WAS unique to the game and interesting though. huge bluffs overlooking flat areas that had a perfect vibe. They were amazing!

The plains BEFORE it was turned into "nothing interesting" WAS unique to the game and interesting though. huge bluffs overlooking flat areas that had a perfect vibe. They were amazing!

A full biome is not the right way to do an open field of grass. We need larger sub biomes so we can do it properly. Its only interesting if its a contrast to another space that has more trees, etc. An entire biome that is just nothing but grass doesn't offer much of interest or game play, you could see everything coming for a mile.

A full biome is not the right way to do an open field of grass. We need larger sub biomes so we can do it properly. Its only interesting if its a contrast to another space that has more trees, etc. An entire biome that is just nothing but grass doesn't offer much of interest or game play, you could see everything coming for a mile.

Sub biomes sound like they could be really great. Has anything been started on them or are these just ideas right now?

Archived