This is usually where I'd link a YouTube to a hang glider mod but you frown on that, so I'll just say yes, please add one as it is awesome.

I've been asking for a parasail or hang glider for years now, and pointed out Breath of the Wild's gameplay as an example. Glad to see the idea is resurfacing!

I'd like to see more practical use for collecting exorbitant amounts of feathers. While they are rather hard to come by early on and used to craft arrows almost exclusively, I find most of the bows obsolete once I am only a few days in and end up having upwards of a couple hundred of them, rendering the crafting of large amounts of arrows more or less useless in the long run and with it, feather collection. Additionally, they are only otherwise good for the puffer coat which is a fairly common drop, and unless I am hurting for currency, I have no use to craft more than one anyways. Could we maybe see a recipe to make something like a wing suit? something you can deploy at high altitude jumps to allow you to briefly soar for a while without taking fall damage as long as you land properly? It would be a great way to invest, say, 500 or so feathers, plus some leather (20?) , wood (20?), and a hefty amount of glue or tape to fix them to the apparatus (~30-50.) It would give us a reason to hoard them while upgrading skills, maybe stick it in a high tier science skill, probably under the vehicles and transportation type skill. For those of us who don't really put much into athletic skills but still want to get off of this cursed island...

(I admit, I took slight liberties with the quote for the sake of humour.) ;)

Great. Crush my frail heart. ;)

I didn't say it wouldn't happen. I just meant just because I think something is cool doesn't mean it gets added to the game. I think LOTS of stuff is cool, that will never get added.

• Like 1

It would be a nice consolation for the big Zipline Feint of 2017 you threw at me...

Ziplines were in and semi working, but we deemed it way too easy to escape a threat and it was hacked in with no design so it was removed.

zombies are not suppose to be breathing air so dont have any air in lungs to help float but..... oh yeah here it comes.... i would rather like to see dangerous fish like maybe.... sharks! as they wouldnt be dead and want something to eat as well... then a human in the water no matter what height/depth would be a free meal as he can out swim a shark. :)

Yeh I agree sharks and crocs and pirahnas rather then the once zombie that has now lost and replaced by anything other then being able to be called a zombie...

Ziplines were in and semi working, but we deemed it way too easy to escape a threat and it was hacked in with no design so it was removed.

I know I'm just a random dude... but why not simply make the preparationtime like 5-10 seconds?

Like getting the equipment ready, linking it, grabbing it... And when taking damage while doing it, restarting/canceling it?

Seems like such an easy fix. And if you wanna build 20 hills with ziplines... why shouldnt you be allowed to do? Much more setup needed than vehicles and those are fine...

I apologize if this was brought up in a previous post, but any consideration to wireless electric pulses to get rid of the cables for electricity? Just a b it cleaner look, is all.

I do like how you have to connect the power to the object. but a blending into the block/s once you have connected it would be great but still have to connect it properly for it to blend into the blocks and hidden.

I know I'm just a random dude... but why not simply make the preparationtime like 5-10 seconds?

Like getting the equipment ready, linking it, grabbing it... And when taking damage while doing it, restarting/canceling it?

Seems like such an easy fix. And if you wanna build 20 hills with ziplines... why shouldnt you be allowed to do? Much more setup needed than vehicles and those are fine...

Its not they couldnt get it in working its that it didnt mesh well with all of their other designs. Keep in mind the more bells and whistles are added to the game, the more work goes into balancing and such.

For example, having zip lines, diminish gyrocopters, bracing mods (for boots), the parkour perk, and on and on and on. It is a lot harder to add stuff without taking away from other designs than people think...

I hate to be a kill joy but eventually one has to ask oneself, what does zip lines really add to the game and what will it cost in time/resources.

I didn't say it wouldn't happen. I just meant just because I think something is cool doesn't mean it gets added to the game. I think LOTS of stuff is cool, that will never get added.

Guys, any plans of making a more organic Quest activation system?

I mean, for example,

1-get rid of the problematic exclamation marks and activate the quest when accepted on the trader/npc (with a warning if someone/something is inside) and ...

2- ... make a trigger volume that encompasses all the POI INTERIOR (not some gardens or exterior path/roads), so when the player enters from any direction (even from the ceiling with a plane) the trigger volume will activate and spawn entities, but the asset respawn would have occured on the trader with said warning for possible player-placed items/buildings or players inside.

That way, no more double clearing the POIS and also no false activations when passing by. You enter inside = you activate, period.

I don't know what are the size limitations of a trigger volume, or if they can be molded into a POI complete interior, but I suspect the thing about my suggestion is that you must do a customized trigger volume for each questable POI.

Edited by Blake_ (see edit history)

Oh, I know...I was just giving you crap.

After a horde night a month ago where our fps dropped down into the teens (no idea why) we decided to take a break till a19, hoping whatever caused it will be fixed.

I haven't beeen around here much as a result, when suddenly I started actually getting thread notifications, so I popped back in.

Btw, if you've never played days gone on the PS4, try it. The motorcycle mechanics are amazing, and it might give you some ideas with your vehicle mods since it had upgrades.

Forewarned though, the world will really spoil you.

Hey Madmole.

Will we ever see the return of the scary, dangerous big cities we had in the previous versions? You know, the ones with the green atmosphere and bombed out buildings?

I feel like each map should have a super dangerous hub city that's filled with (even from day 1) hordes of very strong zombies of all shapes and sizes.

The reward for all this danger and horror is the best gear which can only be found in the city with the bestlegendary gear only available at the end of the biggest, baddest city dungeons filled with all sorts of horrors and boss zombies.

It could also be that the main city has a few guaranteed POIs, such as the skyscrapers and etc.

It gives the players something to work too. A deadly, nightmare end zone that will test everything you have learned.

Anyone else feel the same? Because cities just feel to easy atm.

infinity!

So many possibilities, where you can just open a door from the 43 blocks high tower and slide down to a horde meeting near you garden, or garage. Probably if ziplines have some health as a block that can be destroyed by puke of the cops or crows, arrows, bullets, wind, or random damage on them, would be a dynamic that would be cool to have.

Using them for escape would be absolute lame, no doubt though.

I know your point is far away from an escape route, we are many.

Edited by beerfly (see edit history)

And then you added gyrocopters. ?

I don’t mean to be snarky, and ziplines were never my favorite would-be feature, but the logic seems inconsistent.

• Like 4

And then you added gyrocopters. ?

I don’t mean to be snarky, and ziplines were never my favorite would-be feature, but the logic seems inconsistent.

ditto... zips if were used right would have been one use -- -- down only. :)

• Like 1

Yeh, if you don't wanna add it, fine, but the reason given isn't relevant. Kinda like one block crouch; the reasoning was that all of the prefabs would have to be redone to balance. Well, they were, and still no 1 block crouch.

• Like 2

Hi MM. I wanted to ask if you plan to add different screen effects for sweets with buffs that will be in Alpha 19 to the game? For example, a red screen of rage when a character deals increased damage, etc.

Now the effects of the screen are only when intoxicated and when the character is in low health, and the remaining effects are expressed only as an icon in the lower left corner of the screen. To be honest with these icons in the heat of battle is very inconvenient.

Maybe similar effects, like beer or poor health, could be added to different buffs from sweets, or will this only interfere with the players?

A wing suit / glider would be cool.

I'm glad to see you're interested in the idea! To elaborate a bit, I envisioned it as a vehicle rather than an article of clothing, though it could really be either. It might be better as clothing in the end since it would require you to pick either armor or mobility. In any case, I think a mod to add pockets would be a welcome addition to it, as well as maybe a "double density" sort of mod, where you can craft a second set of gliding wings to it, to slow your descent further, thus allowing you to glide further than would be otherwise possible, at the cost of even more feathers, adhesive, wood, and leather, and mobility due to added weight. Additionally, you could add armor plating to it via the few armor mods already available in-game. My main goal is to see feathers become more useful than the one niche they have for arrow fletching, or putting together a warm coat that is pretty easy to find when scavenging anyways.

Edited by AdmiralFuzzybutts (see edit history)

Its not they couldnt get it in working its that it didnt mesh well with all of their other designs. Keep in mind the more bells and whistles are added to the game, the more work goes into balancing and such.

For example, having zip lines, diminish gyrocopters, bracing mods (for boots), the parkour perk, and on and on and on. It is a lot harder to add stuff without taking away from other designs than people think...

I hate to be a kill joy but eventually one has to ask oneself, what does zip lines really add to the game and what will it cost in time/resources.

Well... I was replying to this:

Which seemed like a weird excuse. But I honestly don'T give a damn about ziplines xD It would be fun twice... but after that not really all that usefull.

In Ark where there is actual verticality they are awesome, but 7d2d is 99% horizontal anyways.

Yeh, if you don't wanna add it, fine, but the reason given isn't relevant. Kinda like one block crouch; the reasoning was that all of the prefabs would have to be redone to balance. Well, they were, and still no 1 block crouch.

The prefabs were redone for a different reason though so not really inconsistent logic. Very low ROI for 1 block crouch imo. Zombie AI is already a PITA, imagine the complaints about AI pathing with 1 block navigation...

I would rather the devs be spending their time on bandit AI instead of figuring out how to prevent players from exploiting 1 block navigation to get to every honey pot loot room in a straight line and an augers lol...

Edit: As a prefab creator, I would have to build every wall out of steel if I didnt want players to super cheese my creation like a hot knife through butter...?

Edit2: dont forget the work needed to create and debug animations for crawling through 1 block gaps for all entities...

Edited by Laz Man (see edit history)
  • Roland locked this topic
  • Roland unlocked this topic
  • Roland locked and unpinned this topic