madmole

Alpha 19 Dev Diary

That sounds like you are over eating. Of course you don't want to go for a jog right after a meal but it shouldn't be so heavy that you feel like a nap. Also high carb diets have this effect, you might consider eating less carbs and more fat and a moderate protien diet. I eat carbs for breakfast and the rest of the day hardly any. I have way more stable energy using protein and fat for energy. With carbs my energy is all over the place and cause sweating, hungry or energy crash 2 hours after a big meal etc.

huh no wonder why i feel like crap after PT or doing exercise

i guess i actually learned something today!

Thx MM :D

Any thoughts on decreasing the rate in which gamestage increases in the future? This isn't a request but just me speaking out of curiousity. Maybe it's because I am aggressive in leveling and thus my gamestage is usually higher than most, but imo it would be an "unnerving situation" to typically be fighting against ferals without a "decent weapon", since you're all proposing that the early game be stretched out. (My opinion of that? Yes please. :D) Again, I have zero concerns and this post will probably have no weight, this is just one random thought that popped in my mind (finding decent weapons at later gamestages = possibly being unprepared until then, unless gamestage was tweaked slightly?).

(Also, just my opinion, and maybe I'm wrong, but the transition between ferals to radiateds is a bit... sudden, anyway? *Shrugs* Again, no complaints nonetheless. :) )

We're rebalancing the loot table. GS of zeds spawning is basically ok because IMO gear is what makes the difference in an easy game and a bad game. It is possible it is too abrupt of a switch, the zombie spawing tables probably needs some refinement yet too, but the main thing is getting the loot pushed out some more.

• Like 1

Well: They deserve that sarcasm by every inch. "They" refers to both the user community as well as the funpimps.

We had a perk system that was fun until A15/A16, and there was a good amount of people complaining about it being too grindy and too complicated. Then the funpimps scrapped it and replaced it with the current one. And for sure, you now have a good amount of players complaining about the current system being too easy, and while thinking about how to make it more difficult for the advanced players, landing at the exact same type we had in the good old times.

They all deserve it.

I need more popcorn!

Fight!

lol

giphy.gif

You are hurt bad and can't run or mine or work... that would be horrible.

I like this kind of action. The worst part of the game is the later stage where you're pretty much invincible. Surviving the first week with nothing but a stone axe is the most fun.

I like this kind of action. The worst part of the game is the later stage where you're pretty much invincible. Surviving the first week with nothing but a stone axe is the most fun.

well that would suck for early people.

but i think some special zombies would be a nice way to balance it out

Take the demolisher, he its tanky strong and he will F your day up in two ways. Beating you head in or blowing up!

maybe some zombies and do something like the effect. like a zombie with large claws that would tear you to bits?

That sounds like you are over eating. Of course you don't want to go for a jog right after a meal but it shouldn't be so heavy that you feel like a nap. Also high carb diets have this effect, you might consider eating less carbs and more fat and a moderate protien diet. I eat carbs for breakfast and the rest of the day hardly any. I have way more stable energy using protein and fat for energy. With carbs my energy is all over the place and cause sweating, hungry or energy crash 2 hours after a big meal etc.

hmmmm... Lately I've been noticing that some nights my body feels over heated and it happens through out the day for no reason. I also noticed that after I eat a whole pizza I bought from the store that about a half hour to an hour later I get super tired and need an hour or two nap. What you say makes a lot of sense, it would explain a lot. I think its time I finally start researching healthy diets and how food and stuff is processed by the body.

Whats weird, is now that I'm getting older, and listening to Joe Rogan, I'm starting to think about this type of stuff. I've been telling myself lately best I start taking care of my body now while I'm still in my early 30s. Something tells me if I don't I'll look back and regret not doing so.

Have any advice, for a complete noob when it comes to healthy eating and exorcising, where to start out researching? A good starting point for researching I guess is what I'm asking for dieting or exorcising.

Edited by ZombieSurvivor (see edit history)

I on the contrary - it is heavy to me work/running on a full stomach. I like to lie down after a meal.

Perhaps that's why i have a misunderstanding of current system.

Me easier run on an empty stomach, and it is difficult - if i have that the aching.

Hmm....strange, i not such as all?

True, being stuffed could slow you down. That part of it may not have been considered, but for the most part, this is a survival situation. In a survival situation, you need a constant supply of calories to keep your energy up. Letting your calories fall could mean your death as you start to struggle to complete simple tasks. In the cold, this is the most important. The game definitely has that part right.

Stop thinking of it as a literal food bar representing how much food is in your belly and instead think of it as energy from the calories. So you aren't running around full and bloated. You are running around totally energized by what you ate and you can eat enough to just barely give you the energy for full stamina or you can eat enough to remain highly energized for awhile before your stamina starts falling.

The bar doesn't represent your stomach capacity. The bar represents your energy gained from eating.

True, being stuffed could slow you down. That part of it may not have been considered, but for the most part, this is a survival situation. In a survival situation, you need a constant supply of calories to keep your energy up. Letting your calories fall could mean your death as you start to struggle to complete simple tasks. In the cold, this is the most important. The game definitely has that part right.

Hey guys, wait...

Yes, i indeed perceived its not so as need. After your explanation, it seems logical to me now!

But unfortunately, it doesn't actually look like what you described. For those people you haven't explained yet - this is still "what it's like". It's not just my opinion. All i see is that people don't understand it. And the reason for this is not always the stupidity of these people - but the fact that this system is not clear. Unfortunately, people see this system not as something that is conceived, but a simulator of grub. Even if we think that most of those on the forum understand it correctly, anyway - there are still a lot of people who don't study the forums.

PS: No matter how little i ate, it'll all come out of me when i run... i'm talking about normal running.

Of course it needs to really experience that would understand... try it in practice, then we'll talk about it :)

I always eat after exercise, not before.

Edited by n2n1 (see edit history)

Not unless 19 has multiple updates. I'd like 19 to drop late Q1 of 2020, and 20 in summer of 2020, which could have melee bandits if things go well. Ranged ones might be harder and come Q3 or something. This is what I'd like, not what I'm promising, for those who love to misquote "promises I made".

Madmole confirms that ranged bandits coming in Q3!!! Problem is, we don't know it is Q3 of 2020, 2021, or 2022 ;)

Making repair not possible on brown and orange would help with early game scrounging for sure. It would be like that one zombie game criminal something years ago monolith made where every weapon was throw away. The problem is consistency. Not spawning guns until higher levels will help. Sure they would be a chance, but low. Most the time finding broken guns or parts on low gs loot boxes will promote crafting.

Why not just have the most prevalent style of firearm found, your "blunderbuss" or "musket" type of firearm? Especially if you are contemplating still making modern guns drop, just very rarely till players reach a higher level.

Infection is only a threat early game without any resources. Though, after the second week of looting or so, we have a stash of cures sitting in a chest readily available eliminating the infection threat.

Solution: Allow later stages of zombies to infect at a random higher level of infection. Higher the stage, the higher range of infection ( 1%-5%, 1%-10% etc). Having a higher percentage of infection immediately upon getting infected puts back the threat and urgency to cure.

Infection is only a threat early game without any resources. Though, after the second week of looting or so, we have a stash of cures sitting in a chest readily available eliminating the infection threat.

Solution: Allow later stages of zombies to infect at a random higher level of infection. Higher the stage, the higher range of infection ( 1%-5%, 1%-10% etc). Having a higher percentage of infection immediately upon getting infected puts back the threat and urgency to cure.

maybe zombies like hazard zombies could give a version that is very quick to kill?

We're rebalancing the loot table. GS of zeds spawning is basically ok because IMO gear is what makes the difference in an easy game and a bad game. It is possible it is too abrupt of a switch, the zombie spawing tables probably needs some refinement yet too, but the main thing is getting the loot pushed out some more.

If it was somehow possible, I'd prefer if the GS rise slowly on non horde nights, but on horde nights the GS would be higher.

While the GS is the same on horde night, that does not mean you get the same kind of zombies. Horde night spawns roll higher on a similar table.

I think the different critical injuries you will get in the future will bring back some fear, plus slowing down how fast you get good gear will stretch things out a bit further and make the experience better overall.

• Thanks 1

hmmmm... Lately I've been noticing that some nights my body feels over heated and it happens through out the day for no reason. I also noticed that after I eat a whole pizza I bought from the store that about a half hour to an hour later I get super tired and need an hour or two nap. What you say makes a lot of sense, it would explain a lot. I think its time I finally start researching healthy diets and how food and stuff is processed by the body.

Whats weird, is now that I'm getting older, and listening to Joe Rogan, I'm starting to think about this type of stuff. I've been telling myself lately best I start taking care of my body now while I'm still in my early 30s. Something tells me if I don't I'll look back and regret not doing so.

Have any advice, for a complete noob when it comes to healthy eating and exorcising, where to start out researching? A good starting point for researching I guess is what I'm asking for dieting or exorcising.

Pizza is about the worst thing you can put in your body. Most people cannot digest properly or are allergic to dairy and gluten. Ironically that was the straw that broke the camels back for me in 2014, I was at my brothers watching a UFC fight and brought a pizza over to eat. I got hot and my whole head and upper body turned beat red for a few hours. It just kept doing that every night and I started developing more and more symptoms. Low testosterone was the main culprit, so getting on HRT helped some, but correcting 47 years of eating foods I was allergic to and managing my stress better made all the difference in improving my blood work and now I feel like I'm in my 30's on most days where 5 years ago I felt like I was dying.

I'd start researching paleo and low carb diets. Read nutrition articles on bodybuilding.com or anywhere that seems reputable. I think Athlean X is pretty good for a youtuber but I don't hear him talk about diet very much. The main thing is to get your carbs from low glycemic fruits and colorful veggies, not pasta or bread, and try to avoid dairy and get allergy testing. Rotate foods every 4 days so if you are allergic to something you minimize the damage. I hope that helps. WIth google you can find info on all this stuff so easy.

Some people can turn a new leaf and just switch, others it takes time to slowly replace bad habits with good ones so its tolerable. It depends how motivated you are for change but once you are eating clean and proper 80-90% of the time you will start to feel a huge shift.

• Like 2

I always eat after [/size]exercise, not before.

You should work out about 1 to 2 hours after a meal, and have another meal (like a protien shake with some simple carbs (fruit) right after exercise.

Like a hazmat zombie would give you a 30% infection with one hit? We talked about this.

Time to update the super outdated Alpha 14 Steam 7DTD trailer? :p

Time but no time.

Time but no time.

It's easy. 7 seconds long.

[Fade from black to 7 Days to Die logo]

Joel: 7 Days to Die. It's a game. I'm not going to sit here and tell you about it, get off your ass and play it."

[Cut to black. End scene]

• Like 1

Sounds good. (: The transition between having one or two irradiateds showing up in POI's/horde night one week and then an increase of tenfold the next week may need some fine tuning in the future imo (to add a bit of "middle ground"), but you know best and I look forward to what you have in store. (:

Edited by MechanicalLens (see edit history)

MM

I think that maximum stamina should be tied not to food - but to health.

(painkillers and some buffs could give a temporary independence of stamina from health)

Then you have to add an adrenaline rush to the game)

We can always go there if we need to. I have a devastating uppercut book we need to work out how to perform it.

Now this sounds exciting! 😎 Uppercut then followed by a round house kick ala chuck Norris / Matrix?

Edited by Laz Man (see edit history)

Can we have a thrown spear be replaced with a another from your inventory, it is really inconvenient to have multiple spears in my toolbar, just so I don't have to battle the UI and the zombies at the same time