Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

What are the other 2 tiers of the stun baton going to be? The first post says all weapons will have 3 tiers in A19 but I haven't heard anything about the baton yet.

Probably nothing for A19, forgot about that one. Int guy is getting a lot of love anyway with junk sledge, junk drone and some new baton mods, as well as a book set.

Probably nothing for A19, forgot about that one. Int guy is getting a lot of love anyway with junk sledge, junk drone and some new baton mods, as well as a book set.

MM, I think you also forgot about the rocket launcher) Or will this type of weapon also have 3 tiers in A19?

MM, I think you also forgot about the rocket launcher) Or will this type of weapon also have 3 tiers in A19?

pipe bomb, grenade, RL. Done.

Will there further optimization for the game?

Dynamic resolution is currently the only optimization feature coming to A19. You can read about that if you search this thread for my previous post(s).

A lot of graphics systems have changed for A19 (linear color space, fog, post processing) and those should have another round of performance testing done, which would probably be during experimental.

Generally the game is running fine for us, but we optimize as need and time permits. Experimental is usually the time you want to focus on it as we get feedback from a larger group than just us.

Hey Madmole,

I made a video showing the dead zone bug here:

[video=youtube_share;JfOhDCb6T-I]

I reported to the bugs section also.

Also for the perk revisions; I'm curious on what you ended up doing with the Furry of Blows and the Yeah Science perks. Can you share some info on that or is it still WIP?

"Random biomes!"

Wow, that's amazing! You really outdid yourselves there.

While you are at it, would you be able to make terrain look random instead of placing same 5 hill stamps everywhere? Maybe get rid of stamps, they are cool on 1 world, but all other worlds look pretty much the same - barren swamps and hills with 1 tree/square kilometer (towns have more trees than forests) and gravel roads leading to nowhere. RWG gets worse with every alpha, you should do something about it.

PS: You can make random biomes in A18 too, it doesn't have to wait until A19...

"Random biomes!"

While you are at it, would you be able to make terrain look random instead of placing same 5 hill stamps everywhere? Maybe get rid of stamps, they are cool on 1 world, but all other worlds look pretty much the same - barren swamps and hills with 1 tree/square kilometer (towns have more trees than forests) and gravel roads leading to nowhere. RWG gets worse with every alpha, you should do something about it.

We went from Random Biomes and Random Terrain in A14/15/16/17 to this in A18 and it was supposed to be the innovation of the RWG. I am hoping A19 will bring the random back again or add a lot more stamps into the mix to avoid repetition.

And then they probably will say, just mod it if you do not like it, but they also made out options in modding more limited with the A18 systems. Custom biomes, altering terrain textures of biomes/roads, properly decorating hill slopes, all of these these things we just cannot easily adjust anymore.

Madmole, the grenade launcher is a discarded weapon? for A19? it would be great to shoot grenades of fire, ice and acid, and to prepare these special ammunition we would need ingredients that we will only find in their respective biomes, (unique plants for biomes)

Madmole, Don't hate me for this guys, but I think the wrench should not take out fuel, it would not be better to add a funnel for fuel and extract a certain amount of fuel, and that the key only gives you all the same without the fuel? Fuel abounds on the map, this will add more difficulty to the game

Hey Madmole,

I made a video showing the dead zone bug here:

[video=youtube_share;JfOhDCb6T-I]

I reported to the bugs section also.

Also for the perk revisions; I'm curious on what you ended up doing with the Furry of Blows and the Yeah Science perks. Can you share some info on that or is it still WIP?

Thanks for posting that, we'll look into it.

Madmole, the grenade launcher is a discarded weapon? for A19? it would be great to shoot grenades of fire, ice and acid, and to prepare these special ammunition we would need ingredients that we will only find in their respective biomes, (unique plants for biomes)

Please don't confuse shop talk (random ideas we chat about in the thread) with planned features. (Announced on the first post). There is no grenade launcher, alchemy or unique plants.

"Random biomes!"

Our secret plan is to ruin random gen so we can charge you 34.99 for a new map like Ark.

Our secret plan is to ruin random gen so we can charge you 34.99 for a new map like Ark.

Mr. Mole, please dont even joke about that... The Trauma is still too fresh. ( And repeating with Ark Genesis)

Dont get me wrong tho, with around several thousands of Hours gameplay, i would be happy to support you guys even more, if you ever decide for Paid DLCs with a fair Content.

Archived