Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

I finished some changes to AI last week specifically for that case. AI now do some height evaluation in their path, so dumber ones tend to not want to go through the effort of climbing the ramp, but some will and it changes over time. Destroy area chance is now also shared/increased with the zombies around the one that fell, so a little different behavior there too.

Thanks for the Update Madmole, Faatal I know you guys are crazy busy with that game and you taking the time to update us is hugely appreciated.

There is something unique about 7D2D that just keeps drawing me back to the game, its the combo of gun play, zombies, crafting, mining that no one else does.

Could you maybe on the bigger POI like water treatment or Shotgun messiah plant, make randomized loot spawn locations so the final prize is not in the same location each time?

Is the power system going to be expanded with more options for lights, switches, ways to wire things?

Thanks again for the update.

Anni

or.....imagine a variety of candies filling vending machines everywhere acting as cures and potions..... ;)

Just imagine this

Burned Biome: * Fungi of fire

-Resistance to heat and fire

-He Cures

Snow Biome: Crystal flower:

-Resistance to cold

-Paralysis position

-Cure resistance

Destroyed Biome: Mutant Fungus:

-Resistance to infections

-Immunity of diseases These are just ideas, I would add variety and say hello to the alchemy table

Do you guys have a solution to the problem on not being able to place blocks in certain areas (POIs). I think it make have something to do with quest markers but it's beyond frustrating taking over a poi and trying to build there and there being spaces you cant build on/in. Even if you go into dm mode you still can't place blocks there. It's always red.

Madmole, in which Alpha or beta, will we have botanical update? We need more variety of plants, aquatic plants, fungi, flowers and exclusive plants per biome, imagine a flower that is only born in the biome and you need it if or if to be able to create a cure or a potion, don't you think it's a good idea?

We don't have any plans for that, but it would be good to have more reasons to travel to other biomes.

Do you guys have a solution to the problem on not being able to place blocks in certain areas (POIs). I think it make have something to do with quest markers but it's beyond frustrating taking over a poi and trying to build there and there being spaces you cant build on/in. Even if you go into dm mode you still can't place blocks there. It's always red.

Did you post this in the bugs section? Its the first I've ever heard of it.

Did you post this in the bugs section? Its the first I've ever heard of it.

This has been brought up since A17 exp. I might be miss remembering but I think it was said it was not a bug but a effect of the new questing system.

What do you use to record and edit your play sessions. I can make a video and send to the Bugs section.

This has been brought up since A17 exp. I might be miss remembering but I think it was said it was not a bug but a effect of the new questing system.

Got that too, around 5 blocks straight in front of the door. Surrounded it with some planks, gotta test if vertically is limited or goes up to the heavens.

Got that too, around 5 blocks straight in front of the door. Surrounded it with some planks, gotta test if vertically is limited or goes up to the heavens.

Did these prefabs reset by quests? I have seen odd stuff happen when quests reset a prefab, cannot really confirm but seems not all blocks or placeholders are reset properly. Also saw some weird stuff when someone reset a prefab for quest when he just woke up sleepers, some of them were stuck in place.

What do you use to record and edit your play sessions. I can make a video and send to the Bugs section.

Can confirm it's been a reported issue for even longer than that. The most common I've seen is where there is a light fixture on the ceiling. Then on the floor above that, you are unable to place a block. (which is pretty strange considering there is a full solid block in between the spaces.) I can recall this going back at least as far as a15.

How about the pyramid slopes people are using? The zombies attempt to walk up, but cant and instead of attacking the block they just walk in place.

I've finally got a chance to use this method in MP and altho it is a bit OP I dont think it needs to be changed much.

It's actually a bit realistic that the zeds try to jump up the wedges. In groups they are already capable of jumping on top of each other. If anything, the zeds should jump and swing so their is at least some damage.

Edit: what needs to be fixed are zeds not pathing over arrow slit blocks imo...

Did these prefabs reset by quests? I have seen odd stuff happen when quests reset a prefab, cannot really confirm but seems not all blocks or placeholders are reset properly. Also saw some weird stuff when someone reset a prefab for quest when he just woke up sleepers, some of them were stuck in place.

I just moved into it and made base without activating a quest. It is a 1 story house and a build in attick, with this old fireplace glowing and wooden catwalk couple of blocks left to it. Never had any other problems. No stuck sleepers, at least for the 30ish quests since A18e.

I've finally got a chance to use this method in MP and altho it is a bit OP I dont think it needs to be changed much.

It's actually a bit realistic that the zeds try to jump up the wedges. In groups they are already capable of jumping on top of each other. If anything, the zeds should jump and swing so their is at least some damage.

I think zeds should be able to be both capable of damaging any shape of block as well as scale it if the player could. I am just hoping the AI system will not get case by case additions for each shape but rather more robust system to scale/break any kind of shape that will be added in the future as well.

It sucks big time when you start getting demolishers. Really sucks...

Can confirm it's been a reported issue for even longer than that. The most common I've seen is where there is a light fixture on the ceiling. Then on the floor above that, you are unable to place a block. (which is pretty strange considering there is a full solid block in between the spaces.) I can recall this going back at least as far as a15.

Ya, that's why when madmole said it's the first he's heard of it I was confused. I've seen others mention it in the dev diaries as well. Maybe it's not reported to be a bug and more of a limitation. I just really hope they get it sorted. Most frustrating thing in the game for me at least.

Geforce experience.

I finished some changes to AI last week specifically for that case. AI now do some height evaluation in their path, so dumber ones tend to not want to go through the effort of climbing the ramp, but some will and it changes over time. Destroy area chance is now also shared/increased with the zombies around the one that fell, so a little different behavior there too.

Are they going into destroy mode because they fell or because they took damage? Some variations use either slopes all the way to the ground or hay bales to keep zombies from taking damage.

Are they going into destroy mode because they fell or because they took damage? Some variations use either slopes all the way to the ground or hay bales to keep zombies from taking damage.

It is fall distance, but it does not matter much anymore, since a good amount of zombies won't even climb the ramp now.

@MM

not posting much anymore. But you said back when A18 released that you are just now taking a look at electricity.

Sooo... anything that you noticed?

Just a quick reminder:

-Electric current can not be interconnected (so no 2 powersources and no massive grid and electric fences can't form a square)

-On that point: if you have a solar panel (50 watt) powering a solar bank (300 watt), at night, it will switch to the batterybank, but in daylight you only have the 50 watt, even if the batterybank could output more (cameras, some traps for roaming Z's and whatnot)

-connecting doors with motion cameras works, but is a pain and super confusing to newer people, even if they read the tooltip

-Generators can not hold enough fuel for multiplayer, but it would be comfortable for singleplayer as well to have like a huge oildrum that could fuel it.

And while I got your attention:

I know you dislike foodspoilage. So a working fridge is out of the question. But maybe add more electrical applyances for better quality of life.

examples include:

-working oven for all baking recipes (better cooking and less ressource management)

-frying pan for some hp regen foods

-electric furnace (maybe for steel, but also so that you do not need to refuel every 20 minutes)

-acclimation (heater and ventilation) with enourmous radius

-wood fuel generator

I don't want to say it because it sounds uninspired, but maybe take inspiration from Tekkit. You do not go overboard with it, but since 7d2d lacks an endgame, giving us more goals to "automate" our base is an awesome way to prelong the gametime.

Thank you for your attention.

:encouragement::encouragement::encouragement:

It sucks big time when you start getting demolishers. Really sucks...

In what way? We used them on a gamestage 400+ against a ton of demolishers and it was fun as hell. See video below.

World: Navesgane

Difficulty: Adventurer

Clock: 90 Minute Days

Horde Base: Custom

Players: 6

Blood Moon Horde: 8 max alive per player

Party Game Stage: ~472

I think zeds should be able to be both capable of damaging any shape of block as well as scale it if the player could. I am just hoping the AI system will not get case by case additions for each shape but rather more robust system to scale/break any kind of shape that will be added in the future as well.

They dont have to be able to tranverse blocks the same way players do. Maybe for bandits when they come in but not all entities. Keeps things more interesting/varied imo.

In what way? We used them on a gamestage 400+ against a ton of demolishers and it was fun as hell. See video below.

World: Navesgane

Difficulty: Adventurer

Clock: 90 Minute Days

Horde Base: Custom

Players: 6

Blood Moon Horde: 8 max alive per player

Party Game Stage: ~472

When I used it I didn't know that you could shoot the demolisher and kill him without setting his bomb off :frusty:

• Roland locked this topic
  • Roland unlocked this topic
  • Roland locked and unpinned this topic

Archived