Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

Lol...quick draw there mcgraw...

Edit: So MM, where does the Deagle fall under in the tiers? Love the art direction btw!!!

Agility:

T1: 9mm

T2: Magnum

T3: Desert Eagle

Hmm, what to do with the SMG...

It might be intended that way, but the Revolver feels like the blunderbuss of the pistols, except it shows up too late to be considered. In every way, it acts more like a T1 than a T2. In its line it: Fires the slowest, reloads the slowest, has the worst ammo capacity and has the least access to mods. Supposedly the damage per shot is supposed to make up for this but honestly it just feels bad to use in any situation where you *need* a gun, much like the hunting rifle.

It might be intended that way, but the Revolver feels like the blunderbuss of the pistols, except it shows up too late to be considered. In every way, it acts more like a T1 than a T2. In its line it: Fires the slowest, reloads the slowest, has the worst ammo capacity and has the least access to mods. Supposedly the damage per shot is supposed to make up for this but honestly it just feels bad to use in any situation where you *need* a gun, much like the hunting rifle.

Im sure the pimps will figure out what changes are needed to balance it out. I disagree about the hunting rifle though. I used it for a considerable amount of time before I was able to get a marksmen rifle (perception / intelligence build)

New rad zombies are a long ways off and nothing specific is planned yet. First we'd figure out the game play we want, then get concepts drawn up. Giant vultures or something that could fly and pick players up on horde night have been discussed a bit, but nothing concrete yet.

Great! I could use a ride, oh wait! ;)

@MM, are there any future plans for the Swat Helmet (Heavy Armor) or is it a legacy item that might just be removed later? Currently, it brings a few laughs as it looks like dark helmet (Rick Moranis) from the Space Balls movie lol...

KGk1rQb.png

We will look at UMA at A20+.

*mumble* all i want is one of my idea*

i don't blame people for wanting a 50.cal but your idea sounds pretty cool. but if i was in game there should be a trade off. like less durability

The DE will use .44 ammo.

The 44 has been rebalanced today, and part of that is only 2 GP per round, which the DE will also benefit from.

The DE will use .44 ammo.

The 44 has been rebalanced today, and part of that is only 2 GP per round, which the DE will also benefit from.

not sure what my text had to due about that but hey! at least we know! :D

Added this to the first post:

All traders still sell everything, but now each one specializes in something. Joel sells armor, Jen sells meds, Bob sells vehicles and tools, Hugh sells weapons and ammo, and Rekt will sell food and seeds.

sweet but i don't really see anything about Joel that tells me "hey he sells armor" (no offense)

All traders still sell everything, but now each one specializes in something. Joel sells armor, Jen sells meds, Bob sells vehicles and tools, Hugh sells weapons and ammo, and Rekt will sell food and seeds.

Eeehhhh I'm not really a fan of this. I know they still sell everything but now you're gonna have players going "Ah ♥♥♥♥ I got the one with the seeds". I mean Rekt is only really going to be useful early game in that regard. I think alternatively you keep the specialization but generate a couple extra traders per location so this doesn't happen.

Excellent. The silver platter just got a little smaller.

Does that also influence the contents of the secret stash?

Eeehhhh I'm not really a fan of this. I know they still sell everything but now you're gonna have players going "Ah ♥♥♥♥ I got the one with the seeds". I mean Rekt is only really going to be useful early game in that regard. I think alternatively you keep the specialization but generate a couple extra traders per location so this doesn't happen.

maybe he makes his own canned food to sell, white river could make his base into a Cannery.

"Canned REKT" *trademark* made with Corn's , Potato's, Pumpkin's, dried meat and fat and many other natural foods all in one can!

its like mixing Trail mix, energy drink, Beef jerky, Protein Ba- anything healthy!

I assume the first "mission" to speak to a trader, that the trader would be random from that list?

Very cool.

Not bad, will they also specialize in what kind of quests they offer. Like digging for Rekt gets you food/seed items and digging for Jen meds etc? Will they send you for specific items they seek or POIs that match their specialization?

MM, so we will have several merchants in one place? Or will we only have one seller per location? (move your ass and look for the others?)

- - - Updated - - -

MM, will we have the industrial oven in A19? And what happened to the alchemy table to make special potions?

Is the .50 a confirmed weapon for A19?

Not bad, will they also specialize in what kind of quests they offer. Like digging for Rekt gets you food/seed items and digging for Jen meds etc? Will they send you for specific items they seek or POIs that match their specialization?

Digging quests for food are an essential part of co-op multiplayer diets at the start of a game. If players lost that just because their trader was not Rekt, it would greatly imbalance the game IMHO. Rewards of other quests seem uncritical though and could be specialized.

@MM

not posting much anymore. But you said back when A18 released that you are just now taking a look at electricity.

Sooo... anything that you noticed?

Just a quick reminder:

-Electric current can not be interconnected (so no 2 powersources and no massive grid and electric fences can't form a square)

-On that point: if you have a solar panel (50 watt) powering a solar bank (300 watt), at night, it will switch to the batterybank, but in daylight you only have the 50 watt, even if the batterybank could output more (cameras, some traps for roaming Z's and whatnot)

-connecting doors with motion cameras works, but is a pain and super confusing to newer people, even if they read the tooltip

-Generators can not hold enough fuel for multiplayer, but it would be comfortable for singleplayer as well to have like a huge oildrum that could fuel it.

And while I got your attention:

I know you dislike foodspoilage. So a working fridge is out of the question. But maybe add more electrical applyances for better quality of life.

examples include:

-working oven for all baking recipes (better cooking and less ressource management)

-frying pan for some hp regen foods

-electric furnace (maybe for steel, but also so that you do not need to refuel every 20 minutes)

-acclimation (heater and ventilation) with enourmous radius

-wood fuel generator

I don't want to say it because it sounds uninspired, but maybe take inspiration from Tekkit. You do not go overboard with it, but since 7d2d lacks an endgame, giving us more goals to "automate" our base is an awesome way to prelong the gametime.

Thank you for your attention.

• Roland locked this topic
  • Roland unlocked this topic
  • Roland locked and unpinned this topic

Archived