Candy. Better Barter. So there's going to be a candy that temporarily gives you a point in better barter. Is it intentional that people will be able to double dip the secret stash with this? I used to do that with the magazines and it was **strong** to say the least. Sitting at BB 4 and flexing into 5 at will give a ton more ammo and more shots at good solar panels.

Yes, that is less OP than just adding more percentages.

Kinda surprised the magnum discussion has gone on as long as it has, but I think it does show how questionable the magnum's overall viability is. It'd be harder to argue something like the AK being superior to the M60.

I would just like to reiterate that I don't think the magnum is useless, sometimes I still like to use it to get some piercing shots out, but it could be made less niche if it got some adjustments or a replacement. I would still prefer to have something like a Deagle that could be kitted out with more mods, but even just shortening the reload animation/time and increasing the effective range (currently 20m, vs the SMG's 30m) would go a long way, maybe let the 4x scope be used to turn it into a mini sniper.

Re: Secret Stash shenanigans

I've been doing this too, the most obvious benefit is that you have a lot more crafting recipes and vehicle parts available to buy from traders every reset. It definitely feels like an exploit though.

As for how fixing it: only thing I can think of is that Better Barter 3/4/5 shouldn't give you a completely different list of goods in the Secret Stash, they should just extend the default (unperked) list, with BB tiers 3/4/5 each adding some high-tier items. Then there would be no point to toggling between different Better Barter levels.

Edited by ginc (see edit history)
I would add that there are a number of useful mods for the pistol: a magazine extender, a flashlight, a rad remover, a couple different scopes, cripple bullets, silencer...

In a couple worlds I had a magnum for special purposes such as rad remover. Kept the main guns as optimized as I could for DPS.

Are we creating new Zombies?

A worm monster that comes upfrom below and chomps on you.

A new version of the Demo guy. He is a scrawny, nervous character. Sneaks in quietly, searches for your power bank and plants a charge on that. Or else looks for the pillar that carries the most weight and plants charges on that. Then after that he charges you with a razor blade.

Also he has a sapper friend that starts a couple hundred meters away and makes a tunnel to below your base. Then he breaks into the center of it and all the zombies uses this path to get to you.

And then there's the guy with the Zombochet. A trebuchet that flings Zombies into your base. And the guy with the hang glider that swoops in from a distance and drops bombs on you.

Also can we have a way to subdue without killing Zombies? Turn them into docile farm workers and such? Then some baddie boss with a special pulse cannon resets them and suddenly they start taking revenge on you for enslaving them.

For a second I thought u were adam the water lol...

It definitely needs something.

Yep...considering magnums and ther ammo dont start showing up until later GS, I also have gravitated towards the 9mm for its versatility and relative availability of ammo in comparison.

Only use the magnum for traders atm....😂

Edit" Maybe Magnums should have Armor penetration to an additional target by default without AP ammo?

Edited by Laz Man (see edit history)
Lol...quick draw there mcgraw...

Edit: So MM, where does the Deagle fall under in the tiers? Love the art direction btw!!!

Agility:

T1: 9mm

T2: Magnum

T3: Desert Eagle

Hmm, what to do with the SMG...

well i doubt there will be a SMG class BUT! if there was one i would hope it would go

tier 1: Mac 10 or UZI aka The Machine Pistol!

tier 2: SMG-5 aka MP5

tier 3: ether the Bizion or Vector

- - - Updated - - -

For a second I thought u were adam the water lol...

or is He???

well i doubt there will be a SMG class BUT! if there was one i would hope it would go

tier 1: Mac 10 or UZI aka The Machine Pistol!

tier 2: SMG-5 aka MP5

tier 3: ether the Bizion or Vector

- - - Updated - - -

or is He???

Maybe they move smg to machine guns..

T1: SMG

T2: AK47

T3: Tactical AR

Then create a new tree/perk for heavy guns:

T1: M60

T2: Flamethrower

T3: Rocket Launcher

😎😎😎👍

• Like 1
Looks sexy!

i love the Leather strap on the Grip!

Yea I love that we can fabricate so many intricate items in game but when it comes to a gun grip we have to use some string to tie a hunk of leather around the frame..... Sigh. So stupid looking. Thankfully at least the gun itself is realistic and not some steampunk Fallout knockoff like the auto shotgun disaster.

Honestly its just one of those personal preference things. If you are a pretty good aim, the magnum is pretty nice. If you want to pray n spray an smg or pistol are better. I keep both on my belt and use the magnum for most situations, and then go to smg when things get nasty, unless I'm stealthing then I use a silenced 9mm.

I use just the silenced 9mm. It will kill all enemies, most on one shot. Few enemies require the magnum, and I use the weapon most effective on those: the shotgun, which beats the magnum in all regards.

Yea I love that we can fabricate so many intricate items in game but when it comes to a gun grip we have to use some string to tie a hunk of leather around the frame..... Sigh. So stupid looking. Thankfully at least the gun itself is realistic and not some steampunk Fallout knockoff like the auto shotgun disaster.

the Grip is still on the gun but the leather or cloth is probably just for Comfort.

and i really like the Combat shotgun. there are many parts that are normal but the rest were homemade and im a sucker for that! (Bias i know)

I prefer this over the old version, where I wouldn't even be able to craft a Deagle without looting the "Deagle Grip" weapon part. The intended grip could be a weapon mod, but I don't see it as making much of a difference mechanics-wise.

@MM, are there any future plans for the Swat Helmet (Heavy Armor) or is it a legacy item that might just be removed later? Currently, it brings a few laughs as it looks like dark helmet (Rick Moranis) from the Space Balls movie lol...

KGk1rQb.png

Desert Eagle inspired weapon concept!

Very nice, I can definitely see myself rocking this bad boy.

I often think of the deagles used in Boondock Saints that have a large barrel weight attachment, could be inspiration for a model utilizing the extended barrel mod.

https://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/5/5d/BDSIIDeagle-1.jpg/500px-BDSIIDeagle-1.jpg

And now we just need the VSS Vintorez added in as a sniper rifle. But I'm just a tad biased there ;)

Edited by Vintorez (see edit history)
Vintorez and Groza, huh? Loved those in JA2. =P

Jagged Alliance 2? One of the best turned based tactical gun games in history...if not thee best! The level of detail in that game was unheard of at that time imo (e.g. Mercenary voices, insane number of guns/weapons, etc.)

• Roland locked this topic
  • Roland unlocked this topic
  • Roland locked and unpinned this topic