Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

Talking about Tier 3 Sniper reminds me of a gun that i thought as a teen was the greatest sniper (at least thanks to the movies).

Steyr Rifle.

The look of this gun was very interesting for me and the effects it provided in movies were fantastic... Surely it will not be a Steyr, but something looking more badass ;)

But mostly... it does not work like that.

It's like trying to silence a recoil-less rifle. Or trying to fly to the sun but only flying at night when it's not as hot.

Or... you know, we could use the flat Earth as a shield, or poke the turtle underneath supporting it to give us a hand and/or sunscreen cream.

@MM

Will we get the dying light weapons effect on zombies? I mean guns in DL can shoot holes in zombies and you can see through them, bladed weapons such as machetes, katanas, axes can chop in half zombies. What about special moves such as dropkick, sliding, and so on. We could use sliding to go under 1 block ways, make zombies crawlers by breaking their ankles when sliding and kicking at the same time. These moves could go in the agility tree since a lot of people dont like agility and could get the junk turret treatment, by which i mean being able to add points after you get 6 points in agility and so on for balancing. I think the special moves could really make agility fun and more viable for pr.

What do you do if your fat and try to slide in thru a 1 block gap.... which end do i chose for the z to start eating first lol....🤣😅🤔🤔🤔

But yeh going under 1 block be awesome. As well as most things you mentioned

What do you do if your fat and try to slide in thru a 1 block gap.... which end do i chose for the z to start eating first lol....🤣😅🤔🤔🤔

But yeh going under 1 block be awesome. As well as most things you mentioned

Haha, the 3rd person animation of a fat survivor sliding would be so hilarious...😂😂😂

@MM

Will we get the dying light weapons effect on zombies? I mean guns in DL can shoot holes in zombies and you can see through them, bladed weapons such as machetes, katanas, axes can chop in half zombies. What about special moves such as dropkick, sliding, and so on. We could use sliding to go under 1 block ways, make zombies crawlers by breaking their ankles when sliding and kicking at the same time. These moves could go in the agility tree since a lot of people dont like agility and could get the junk turret treatment, by which i mean being able to add points after you get 6 points in agility and so on for balancing. I think the special moves could really make agility fun and more viable for pr.

As soon as they get voxels we'll add that in :) But seriously that stuff is great but we're not starting a new game here, we're finishing up a very old game. We can and will definitely level up a few systems for the sequel, but there cannot be a sequel when the first one isn't done and we can't get done if we keep adding features.

At this point its polishing existing stuff to a shippable state, and some new content, but very little few major features will be added, and that is a major feature.

Since A19 may be called "The New Combat Book Update" im curious if your planing on a weapon modding system similar to fallout4 with the weapons workbench/ammo press

We're planning one exactly like Alpha 18. In fact its in now if you want to see it :)

Fallout 4 doesn't really have mods you find, you just take junk and create stuff from thin air or replace existing mods with junk to "extract" them and then install into another gun, but you might as well just buy all 4 ranks and make end game stuff with junk because all the good modded guns are leveled list so you have to be high level to find any of it.

The only thing I really like about their mods is they designed visuals for nearly everything, but most of that stuff you don't notice except the damage mods, they aren't very interesting as a whole like I think ours are.

Our combat book update is just adding books for archtypes that didn't exist yet, so we're just completing it is all, no major changes.

We do want to do a GUI update that shows what weapons mods fit into at a glance.

We do want to do a GUI update that shows what weapons mods fit into at a glance.

Amen.

Hope all mods (vehicles, armors, etc) will also have more visible mod compatibility :D

Gosh I dream about the game looking stunning as the 4 screenshots posted earlier. (I literally dreamed I was in 7 days to die)

We're planning one exactly like Alpha 18. In fact its in now if you want to see it :)

Fallout 4 doesn't really have mods you find, you just take junk and create stuff from thin air or replace existing mods with junk to "extract" them and then install into another gun, but you might as well just buy all 4 ranks and make end game stuff with junk because all the good modded guns are leveled list so you have to be high level to find any of it.

The only thing I really like about their mods is they designed visuals for nearly everything, but most of that stuff you don't notice except the damage mods, they aren't very interesting as a whole like I think ours are.

Our combat book update is just adding books for archtypes that didn't exist yet, so we're just completing it is all, no major changes.

Yup, and in fallout mods just don't seem as rewarding as they are in 7d2d. In 7d2d you cant just buy your way to the top with perks for mods. Thats what i think is a great game design in that it prolongs progression and also give you somthing to look for even after you got high quality vehicles/weapons.

The visuals they did for the mods were crazy, for the amount of weapons they have and the fact the some mods completely change a weapons appearance(alot of modeling). I bet they have more weapon mod models then they do weapons.

Fallout 4 mods are nice tho very repetitive were mainly the same buff (like their receivers) none the less more is USALLY better aslong as it doesnt affect the quality of the product

A new GUI would be nice to have for the mods! Every improvement counts

So whats this new workbench model your talking about:smile-new:

Top tier auto shotgun? Lmao why, pump shotgun absolutly shreds everything already. What we really need is a change

Yeah because there isn't a T3 shotgun yet, so the T2 one is over compensated. We need 3 tiers of everything for proper balance and progression.

Top tier auto shotgun? Lmao why, pump shotgun absolutly shreds everything already. What we really need is a change

The "auto shotgun" idea makes me think of Stick Fight - The Game, where you can easily propel yourself across the map with some of the guns. Amusing but not particularly useful as a means to stay alive.

Good morning MM,

What's on the work table for you today?

I finished up integrating 3 new trash models, now we need to replace the 9 old with the 3 new, and probably will need 1-2 new ones since they like a few of the legacy ones.

I added fix the uv problem to the roadmap, so blocks with local uvs can finally look right, like stairs, ceiling joists, as well as add large deco to slopes.

So whats this new workbench model your talking about:smile-new:

I didn't mention a workbench. To be clear, I'm very anti workbench for installing mods. Bethesda just did it because of all the clutter so the menus wouldn't be a nightmare but our game operates out of a simple grid so we don't have that problem.

Cuz its cooler!

Plus IMO its better it have a Gun that is ether Simi-auto , Burst or Full-auto than Pump , Bolt action or lever-action.

sidenote: that took 25 minutes to type due to my brain still being fried!

So the pump shotgun will get nerfed and the auto will be as good as the pump now?

Not necessarily. There might be a bit of nerfing but there might be some inflated enemies you need T3 weapons for, and they just do even more damage. There is also an aspect of it being different but arguably better or worse depending on the design.

Archived