Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

there's an ETA for the vulkan api support? it's just been implemented but never finished

and the alpha 19 will be an addition of things (just that) or a major optimization update?

It depends on the next version of Unity and when they update to it.

i still worry about a bug eating my vehicles so i always pick them up if i am not using them. especially the 4x4 early on as steel is so hard to get without a crucible.

Same. Even the bicycle gets picked up ASAP. Besides, if I'm going into a POI I'm probably not coming out the same side.

Book set idea:

Up the Ante

1. Ace of Spades

When you're in the hole and play your cards right, you send them to the grave.

10% increase in melee damage when using a shovel

------------------------------------------

2. Royal Flush

You are the King of All Thrones. Yes, all of them. Just don't let anybody catch you taking from the pot.

Find higher quality items in toilets.

3. Playing Solitaire

You are always dealt the best hands in life when nobody is around to see it.

5% XP increase when unshared.

4. Poker Face

You might look confident, but when they see that weak card you are about to play, they'll call your bluff every time.

Stabbing heads with spears gives 20% chance of dealing power attack damage.

5. Follow Suit

Do as the best survivors of Navezgane do. Hide.

5% less visibility when wearing a full ghillie suit

6. A Good Shuffle

Lady Luck loves to dance. Keep her interested with a good shuffle.

Burst of speed when changing direction.

7. Know When to Fold 'Em

When it's your move and the cards are stacked against you, take a pass and eat some glass.

Reduce death penalty XP loss by 10%

• An Ace up the Sleeve

You've been dealt a bad hand. If you go down, you'll go down swinging.

Double damage with fists when health below 20

Hi, MM. Can you show us some shots of a19 stuff? Please :D

I have a bunch of paper designs you can all fight over, so I will keep them to myself.

I will say that we have a new critical injury system on paper ready to go. It will work like infection, meaning getting hit with low health and in poor armor will increase chance of getting a critical injury.

Broken arms, Abrasions, deep lacerations, concussions and infection will be delivered via the new crit system and have new unique effects and unique cures. All the new ones will remove 25 max health and heal slowly over time or faster via specific cures, like a broken foot heals faster with a cast.

A nearly identical system will deliver vehicle damage and critical vehicle damage which would be flat tire (drive slow and hard to control), leaky radiator (drive for a minute or so before overheating), bad battery (random won't start with cool down), bad engine (won't run at all), etc. You'll need those parts to repair it, repair kits for general damage. On screen debuffs when you are in the vehicle. Debuff hyperlink system, click the debuff it opens character stats page and highlights the debuff.

No more micro damage from small wounds, no more tiny bandage spam, but more meaningful big debuffs to players from combat trauma. You guys wanted survival, its coming.

Book set idea:

Up the Ante

1. Ace of Spades

When you're in the hole and play your cards right, you send them to the grave.

10% increase in melee damage when using a shovel

2. Royal Flush

You are the King of All Thrones. Yes, all of them. Just don't let anybody catch you taking from the pot.

Find higher quality items in toilets.

3. Playing Solitaire

You are always dealt the best hands in life when nobody is around to see it.

5% XP increase when unshared.

4. Poker Face

You might look confident, but when they see that weak card you are about to play, they'll call your bluff every time.

Stabbing heads with spears gives 20% chance of dealing power attack damage.

5. Follow Suit

Do as the best survivors of Navezgane do. Hide.

5% less visibility when wearing a full ghillie suit

6. A Good Shuffle

Lady Luck loves to dance. Keep her interested with a good shuffle.

Burst of speed when changing direction.

7. Know When to Fold 'Em

When it's your move and the cards are stacked against you, take a pass and eat some glass.

Reduce death penalty XP loss by 10%

• An Ace up the Sleeve

You've been dealt a bad hand. If you go down, you'll go down swinging.

Double damage with fists when health below 20

Not bad at all, but it should follow a theme and stick to one subject to augment one specific skillset, weapon or archtype. Thematic writing was good. Maybe call it Wasteland Poker and fine tune the perks to be all survival oriented since we have scavenging covered.

Not bad at all, but it should follow a theme and stick to one subject to augment one specific skillset, weapon or archtype. Thematic writing was good. Maybe call it Wasteland Poker and fine tune the perks to be all survival oriented since we have scavenging covered.

Thanks. Oh really? I was actually doing the opposite, trying to cover something from different areas.

Believe it or not all this came from using a shovel to fight the blood moon horde on the street today.

I have a bunch of paper designs you can all fight over, so I will keep them to myself.

I will say that we have a new critical injury system on paper ready to go. It will work like infection, meaning getting hit with low health and in poor armor will increase chance of getting a critical injury.

Broken arms, Abrasions, deep lacerations, concussions and infection will be delivered via the new crit system and have new unique effects and unique cures. All the new ones will remove 25 max health and heal slowly over time or faster via specific cures, like a broken foot heals faster with a cast.

A nearly identical system will deliver vehicle damage and critical vehicle damage which would be flat tire (drive slow and hard to control), leaky radiator (drive for a minute or so before overheating), bad battery (random won't start with cool down), bad engine (won't run at all), etc. You'll need those parts to repair it, repair kits for general damage. On screen debuffs when you are in the vehicle. Debuff hyperlink system, click the debuff it opens character stats page and highlights the debuff.

No more micro damage from small wounds, no more tiny bandage spam, but more meaningful big debuffs to players from combat trauma. You guys wanted survival, its coming.

I see. As long as they play awesome I'm ok with them and excited at the same time. Thank you very much for the info! The hyperlink thingy sounds very helpful.

Madmole, were combination attacks ever considered? It probably wouldn't have been very good before, but with work going into player animations, it might be a better idea at some point.

What I mean, and using just one type of melee as an example, is something like if you were to do three jabs and then a power attack, it would trigger an uppercut instead with a slight boost in damage.

Yays

Thats nice, but the backbone of this game has always been the store POI's. They are non-existant in RWG. I have been bringing it up since you first started using the pregen's: PREGEN01 no bank, no hardware stores and very few of the others; PREGEN02 no gun, no autoparts, very few of the others; PREGEN03 no gun, no book, no bank and very few of the others. As standard RWG map can often have little to no Store POI's. This is why we have resorted to using Nitrogen on our servers. It even gives a good distribution of the skyscrapers which are non-existatant in vanilla.

I have no other issues with anything else, FPS is fine, terrain looks fantastic and all the other mechanics for combat, crafting, health, food, water and exp are working well. Just need RWG and particularly store spawning to be fixed.

meh.

I'll wait. On paper means nothing until implemented and HOW its implemented.

Archived